Feedback Duel Event

szycopath

No, it wont, but shyny are part of the game, if you wanna do them , you can do them, its not that hard.

I mean gringo is part of the game too, let's just have full gringo for everyone from day 1

Did not say it isn't part of the game, per se, but it is definitely not part of the oldschool game.

Same @L00nat33k . This is supposed to be an old style server with only shop items. I did know ppl will go for it, everyone knew ppl were gonna go for it and I am most likely not really interested in getting it. Also, specifically said that it is not unfair advantage as everyone has this choice, I just think it doesn't help the event

Darkuletzz

You can not obtain them, or what? Thats you are against them, shiny guns are not very old old school, but are old school, no one use them in normal servers.

szycopath

You can not obtain them, or what? Thats you are against them, shiny guns are not very old old school, but are old school, no one use them in normal servers.

The event was supposed to be store items only. I'd wager everyone just forgot the shiny stuff, myself included.
it does not make sense to have to go thru millions of hrs of work/products/FF/adventures when it's a place for 2 weeks of duels

As for:
I would like to like to bring this great page to your attention:
I am sure it will help you decode what I said in 2 consecutive posts, but I'll help you out because 3x is where the real magic happens: everyone (myself included) can get it, I just don't think it should be part of the game.
This is a very simple statement and it was for future reference, not for this server, and my personal opinion. This is a feedback thread, they asked for it, not a popularity vote of ideas. I said it, they'll read and decide
Have a great day

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
I feel a bit like szyco on this, let the golden weapons be part, but not the shiny goldens. If that is what she thinks, I will follow her link to make sure I understand the posts ;)

Darkuletzz

To not solve a bug after you opened the event, 6-7 days and counting, it's pretty unberable, that's why this game pretty much sucks at this point/

szycopath

I feel a bit like szyco on this, let the golden weapons be part, but not the shiny goldens. If that is what she thinks, I will follow her link to make sure I understand the posts ;)
I am pretty sure that you don't need to follow that link to understand :p

Goober Pyle

The West Team
To not solve a bug after you opened the event, 6-7 days and counting, it's pretty unberable, that's why this game pretty much sucks at this point/
well, the bug still isn't solved.... This is just giving up on the "workaround" which has proven not to be much better than just changing to the normal setting.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
As for shiny golden weapons:
There is no simple mechanism for excluding them, so if people believe they would help and want to invest the time to get them, then that is their choice.

Unfortunately the mechanism for obtaining them does create incentives for people to (illegally) engage in "pushing", that go beyond the limits of the mechanisms/rules we have instigated to attempt to thwart most pushing. In future events we can explore mechanisms to remove the incentives for obtaining that gear, but it would probably have to be a rule-based restriction, not a game-mechanic based one.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
As for shiny golden weapons:
There is no simple mechanism for excluding them, so if people believe they would help and want to invest the time to get them, then that is their choice.

Unfortunately the mechanism for obtaining them does create incentives for people to (illegally) engage in "pushing", that go beyond the limits of the mechanisms/rules we have instigated to attempt to thwart most pushing. In future events we can explore mechanisms to remove the incentives for obtaining that gear, but it would probably have to be a rule-based restriction, not a game-mechanic based one.
note: at this phase of the game it would be improper to ban their use -- people have already incurred a lot of opportunity cost to pursue that option and it would be unjust to deprive them of the benefits of that investment.

szycopath

note: at this phase of the game it would be improper to ban their use -- people have already incurred a lot of opportunity cost to pursue that option and it would be unjust to deprive them of the benefits of that investment.
I sometimes wonder if I word my thoughts in such confusing ways that people don't understand, or some of youz just rly don't read ****
1) I brought up the shinies for future reference. Something to considerate in the future, meaning:
*I understand this will not be changed now
*I understand it might never even become a thing, just a personal opinion/suggestion
2) disabling the shinies is simple: no battles. To my understanding that is possible. So is "please do not do the shiny quests because those weapons are not allowed, we see u with that we gonna ban ur dirty pooper"

Goober Pyle

The West Team
I sometimes wonder if I word my thoughts in such confusing ways that people don't understand, or some of youz just rly don't read ****
1) I brought up the shinies for future reference. Something to considerate in the future, meaning:
*I understand this will not be changed now
*I understand it might never even become a thing, just a personal opinion/suggestion
2) disabling the shinies is simple: no battles. To my understanding that is possible. So is "please do not do the shiny quests because those weapons are not allowed, we see u with that we gonna ban ur dirty pooper"
Just to be clear: I did not interpret your words as requesting something be done about it during this event, but am addressing that point anyway as I suspect some players _would_ like to see something done about it during this event.

DeletedUser15368

I think this event exemplifies many of the faults that have culminated over the last few years.

The gear is in such a weird, non-sensical place right now. For example wearing level 40 hats and shoes, level 80 coats, level 130 pants because of the inconsistency in the skill distribution across levels, only one horse gives skills, hats give more skills than other parts, the tutorial quest weapons are the best in the game until late-game secret quest rewards because of their insane skills compared with other weapons, and, of course, having to participate in an upgrading arms-race just sucks the fun out of PvP for me.

We just shouldn't try to do classic-style-no-tombola-stuff events anymore, the updated gear ruined the one connection we had left to when the game was enjoyable.
I think this would be been pretty fun with the classic shop clothes, mostly because our skill points allocation would matter a lot more than the clothes we wear - Lessons were definitely not learned from the entire tombola ruining the game stuff.

None of this is anything to do with the event team, who I'd like to thank for trying to run something different than the usual crap.

szycopath

+ on that
But v1.0 will never ever bring the kind of money current versions do and the game is, essentially, just another way to earn money for the business. inno got no reason to swap back to a model that earned them what.. maybe 10-20% of the money they get now. From a business perspective it's understandable but it's sad news for us

delldell56

+ on that
But v1.0 will never ever bring the kind of money current versions do and the game is, essentially, just another way to earn money for the business. inno got no reason to swap back to a model that earned them what.. maybe 10-20% of the money they get now. From a business perspective it's understandable but it's sad news for us
Well, the current model is "money now, dries out quickly, need more events to get more money" in a game that sees massive exodus every now and then. The old model poured less money at once, but it was a consistent flow all year long, in a game that would keep 10k+ players glued to it for years.

szycopath

Well, the current model is "money now, dries out quickly, need more events to get more money" in a game that sees massive exodus every now and then. The old model poured less money at once, but it was a consistent flow all year long, in a game that would keep 10k+ players glued to it for years.
This is true but in the old model there just wasn't anything much to buy nuggets for. Now we got people running around with lvl 2-4 nugget weapons/horses and we have one of those sales every 2-3 months. Feel like our 10k ppl buying vip doesn't outdo this :D

But anyways we won't fix the company, derailed the purpose of the thread tho :D

DeletedUser15368

Before tombolas, there was skill point buying. Before skill buying, there were up to 14m players, and, let's say, maybe 10% of that buying premium every 2 weeks.
It's always been monetised for PvP advantages and I'd presume much more profitable when people enjoyed playing the PvP.