Duel Changes

DeletedUser37168

Lol I didn't create the new dueling formula. :p The game keeps changing and I just adopted my skills so that they remain effective. It's your choice not to change your build and keep whining about that on the forums.

DeletedUser34408

Ha? I just provided examples where skills were adapted to accommodate for the new formula and they proved ineffective, your only advice thus far has been to ignore the formula and just add resistance and rely on some luck, therein lays the issue ...

DeletedUser35117

The formula is extremely wrong at the given moment. I tested out both of the builds and the results are shocking.

First as a ranger with the best gear available (doolin's) with a full backup set of Gordon's and a few parts of the pinter's set. Dueled one fort fighter with no aim, won the duel by a mile but got hit 2 times despite the aim/dodge, app/tactics difference.

After being killed pointlessly by fort fighters and traders in 3 duels I reskilled to melee using only 1 set (Collin's) with Collin's gun and sword and a Doolin's horse set (with literally no backup gear). Came back to duel those same people to see the result, and it was stunning. Even though I now had 30 dodge (500 dodge as a ranger) I still got hit only 3 times, even though I was expecting to get hit at least 6 times. As far as the app goes, I still had more than the opponents had tactics (the values as a range and a melee dueler didn't really change much. Had 390 app as a melee and 400 as a ranger).

Those results are enough to point out that range dueling at the given moment is close to impossible even with the best available gear. Possible, yes, but insanely difficult.

Even if you win vs a melee resister as a ranger it is usually a bloodbath, and while the melee opponent has 2.5-3k hp left depending on the level, you have 200-500 hp left depending on the level. That leaves the melee dueler an easy kill as you have no defense an hour after your duel against them. The only hope you have is buying a 75% healing potion, as a mere rose water won't heal you enough to stand another duel within the hour even if you use the rose water (or any other buff except the 50%,75% ones) in your top HP gear.

DeletedUser23737

The latest duel changes have swung the favour too far to firearms duellers in my opinion.

If just aim/dodge were tweaked... the results might have been fairer? but adding a reduction in resistance and tactics (for soldiers) and adding Gordon's set (resistance breaker for firearms) has meant the advantage is now firmly back with shooters.

Perhaps a dodge clothing set for melee is next on the production list?

DeletedUser19518

Always thought that Dueling has been 65%-35% pro firearms. It could be worst.

DeletedUser

Okay. I have trawled through this thread and I still need to ask a question.
Black and white. All these freed up points, where would we be best suited in putting them?
Simple answers like: Against melee - xxx, xxx and xxx / Against firearms xxx, xxx and xxx or something along those lines would be ideal both for myself and any newbies out there who just want a simple setup.
Thanks in advance folks. :)

DeletedUser

So does anyone know what the official changes are... couldn't find it :\

DeletedUser

What kind of company makes sweeping changes to a key part of the game and then doesn't post something about what changes have been made in the new update?

I am a (filthy) casual player. I hardly ever go to the forums except when there is a big update in a game I play. But this? This is ridiculous. Now I apologize if there is a new post regarding the update someone that I missed (not an old post talking about upcoming changes, but an actual new post talking about what changes have been made).

Nobody in my town knows where to put their skillpoints now. And why the heck did only skillpoints get reset? Did it not occur to the makers, that we've put points in attributes towards a certain build?

Honestly, this is not very well thought through imo.

jarograv

What kind of company makes sweeping changes to a key part of the game and then doesn't post something about what changes have been made in the new update?

I am a (filthy) casual player. I hardly ever go to the forums except when there is a big update in a game I play. But this? This is ridiculous. Now I apologize if there is a new post regarding the update someone that I missed (not an old post talking about upcoming changes, but an actual new post talking about what changes have been made).

Nobody in my town knows where to put their skillpoints now. And why the heck did only skillpoints get reset? Did it not occur to the makers, that we've put points in attributes towards a certain build?

Details can be found in this post which mentions to visit the dev-blog. I agree though, a big change like this should be mentioned in game through an announcement or something (not sure if it did... can't remember if it was or not :unsure:)

DeletedUser

Details can be found in this post which mentions to visit the dev-blog. I agree though, a big change like this should be mentioned in game through an announcement or something (not sure if it did... can't remember if it was or not :unsure:)

Thanks for the links, but the earliest is from nearly 3 months ago and the other is from August, so approx. 6 months. It is my understanding that these duelling changes are going live now, yes? So has anything changed in the 3-6 months since the latest posts? Nobody I know has a clue what the actual change is.

I've just put my char on sleepmode for now and possibly soon permanent vacationmode. Until there is some actual information trickling down from on high, I am going to spend my money elsewhere.

/out

DeletedUser

This is exactly what I think, and exactly how I feel. This transformation is done unilaterally with a minimum of courtesy to the players.
What kind of company makes changes in key factors in thier games and not even bothers to notify the players about that? (noting on forums/in game announcement).
Ok so they had their update, But what's in the update? ("
Due to changes in the duelling system the importance of the secondary resistance skills") That's it, all the info you are willing to give us? for many players Dualing is 90% of the game, and you just leaving us in the dark with zero information about what really changed.
And even after all of these, you bring us the worst tools for the new change.
1) You won't be able to do the quest to resetthe relevant points after 40 from now.
2) You just pressed 'Complete', so instead giving you the elixir, so you could reset your points in your free time after you got all the information you needed, we will reset it for you now.
I have been playing The-West for a long time, i have been there Before all the Set items, and when The-West wiki was still relevant, but let me tell you what, This update (Not the content but the way) is the biggest despicable act you have done so far.

DeletedUser928

I have been here since W1 and we were all running around with out pants!

This is the only hint of communication from Da Twista's post...:blink:

Temporary questline
Due to the changes in the dueling formula implemented in 2015 Waupee will offer all players the ability to re-distribute their dueling skill-points once. This quest will remain active until the 31st of March. (Specific information to follow shortly regarding which skill points).

DeletedUser37520

They most certainly didn't announce it in-game, nor is any real information given about the actual changes. Since they released the dueling reskill quest now, over two months to late, a lot of people therefore believe that the change happened recently. When I've to explain that the changes actually happened for more than two months ago, it means that InnoGames have failed miserably in their communication.

The only information given about the changes are on the developer blog you're linking to, and that one is from August 2015. The changes to the dueling skills happened in November 2015. A lot could have happened during that time and we've no idea on how accurate the developer blog. We should be given a thorough explanation on how it has changed, not a "read this four months old developer blog and you might find some possibly accurate information".

Get your together InnoGames. :mad:

DeletedUser37168

I was also approached by many players that are confused when the dueling changes actually occurred and what was changed exactly. Since the skills reset is 3 months late, an announcement from the Support team to clarify this confusion would be appreciated.

DeletedUser

I believe the changes they are referring to are the changes from version 2.32 that came out at the end of November. The details were listed on "The West Dev Blog", with the additional change to soldiers tactics bonus mentioned in the announcement. At least that is my best guess of the changes they are referring to.

Duel formula changes
The changes to the duel formula we have been testing on the beta server have been implemented on all markets now. Please visit our dev-blog (http://devblog.the-west.net/) for more information.
In addition to the changes mentioned we also decreased the soldier’s tactic bonus from 50 to 25%.
Please let us know what you think about the changes! We are still monitoring the duel system closely and will adjust it where needed.

DeletedUser928

This is crazy 2 days at least since change and no official word on what has changed....
I guess we open Help desk tickets?

Wasn't the server version 2.32 ? I notice that 2.33 and 2.34 change logs exist now.. Maybe I slept through 2.33

duh that was christmas .. nevermind :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35634

I think there should be something addressed about allowing the same dueler to obnoxiously follow someone from place to place and dueling the same person over and over 5 and 6 times per day. Then sending the losing dueler taunting telegrams because of what is happening. There should be a way to stop this.