Duel again resistance dueler.

DeletedUser25963

A question, how is the shooting/vigor work again reflex/toughness.
About duel again resistance dueler.
Anyone knows the calculation about how many shooting/vigor skills to break resist player ?
Let say a simple example, the resist dueler have 100 reflex and toughness, how high is shooting/vigor skills needed to break his/her resistance ?
My experience at Arizona world, 125 shooting skills, with precise army revolver can't break someone resistance, ( shoulder and arm no head hit ), then a week later, 150 shooting skills, with rusty schofield ( same shoulder and arm, no head ), only can made damage about 40 - 70, but the odd thing is when someone other hit the same person, with 180 shooting skills, can made 250 - 290 damage to the resist dueler, with golden colt, ( shoulder and arm ), don't know how high is his reflex but maybe between 100 - 125.
And today, at World 12, i've been duels, by a resist dueler too, i have 170 vigor, with golden saber ( arm and shoulder ), only can made damage 30 - 50. And she has 140 toughness.
So anyone knows the knowledge how is the damage impact working between shooting/vigor again reflex/toughness ?

DeletedUser

I never cared to look into it to much, but I know that anything over +75% works.
Example: 175 (and over) vigor/shooting vs 100 resistance does pretty good damage.

DeletedUser

Duduie, is there a cap on effect of reflex and toughness, or someone can (theoretically) pump 'em to 500 and then be invulnerable?

Slygoxx

A weapon will always do a minimum of 25% of its damage, so in that way there is indeed a cap on it. It used to be possible to get hits of 1 and 2 all the time, but not anymore.

DeletedUser

As a general rule (in my experience anyways) to beat a resistance you need 2 to 3 times (closer to 2 than 3) what he has ie: 100 reflex countered by 220+ shooting.

Now there is a lot of random variation and luck involve in duels so you cant immediately judge a build after just 1 or 2 duels,to have a better picture of a successful build you need to do like 20-30 duels and compare that with your older build.

You can try builds on NPC's too.

DeletedUser

NPCs are a good way to judge a build. With my resistance soldier I have faced NPCs with worthless stats, but spread in a way that gives me no chance in hell to beat them. I have never been bothered to record what those are, since it can only be used against me.

DeletedUser25480

i find that even if you hit low on a resistance you can often beat them, i just re-spec'd from a resistance on arizona (lvl 72) and i found that people with high dodging and aim could sometimes out hit me purely because i hit once or sometimes not at all even with 110 aim! the best way to counter them i find is to have either double their reflex/toughness in shooting/vigor or high dodging to avoid them completely.

DeletedUser

I'll made something useful here, say your vigor fighter, your challenge resist with toughness right plus 50% of there reflex, opposite for shooter.
And going on how much vigor/shooting is so random in dueles for helping, though resist skills seem alot more balanced your better off having more in toughness and reflex then you are in vigor/shooting.

Resently I hit a challenger 5 times in the head, he landed 4 hits to my hands my max hit was 50 he's was 248 to a hand hit, we both used same weapon. You do the maths, doesnt pay not to have much in resist. Though im no dueler not these days i gave it all up.

DeletedUser25963

Another additional info, same person that has 180 shooting skills hit same person with high reflex ( like i mention at first post ), 2 times straight in 1 hour different, same thing happened, he made 250 - 280 damag, so i guess there is no luck here, pure shooting again reflex, but still how is the calculation, shooting again reflex, vigor again toughness.
If 75% is the answer.... only this one ?
I believe weapon also make lot of difference, but still, how the math ? the calculation, the duel method or what ever to say it ( sorry english not my native langue, i'm trying to say, is there any formula how to calculate damge impact between pure shooting/vigor again reflex/toughness ?).
Let's do not think about dodge luck, just concern about the calculation or damage formula.
(( really need help to figure it out, i believe not only fort battle have basic formula for damage impact ))

DeletedUser

There is no known formula.Speculations though are abundant.

Damage=(Shooting + weapon rating) modified - 0.75(reflex+0.5 toughness) modified

Then you modify that number further by hit location:
Head:
extra 50% damage
Shoulder: 15% damage
Torso:no change to damage

Notes:
Weapon rating is simply a random number between min and max damage.
The "modified value is unknown there seems to be something that's changing the numbers slightly.
Edit: half value : Reflex+0.5 toughness becomes (toughness+ 0.5 reflex) in case it's melee that's attacking.
The 0.75 number come from the nerf resistance got a while ago.(guessed number)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If there is a formula, only the developers know it and they will not disclose it.
I don't know if anybody managed to figure it out or if someone even bothered. Maybe you can try to find it out by yourself. :)

DeletedUser25963

If there is a formula, only the developers know it and they will not disclose it.
I don't know if anybody managed to figure it out or if someone even bothered. Maybe you can try to find it out by yourself. :)
But i really appreciate the help and i guess we can accept Saltin formula.
Seem dueling still a mysteri for us :D

DeletedUser

Unfortunately it's not much of a formula,more like the stuff that influence damage,as Duduie said the devs didnt share any equations with us and no player did any serious data gathering experiment for us to try to predict one.

but since you wanted some kinda math pretty badly I threw a little something that might or might not have value :adventurer:

DeletedUser25480

Resently I hit a challenger 5 times in the head, he landed 4 hits to my hands my max hit was 50 he's was 248 to a hand hit, we both used same weapon. You do the maths, doesnt pay not to have much in resist. Though im no dueler not these days i gave it all up.

Really :O!? i used to be a resistance dueler and i basicaly NEVER hit that many times on people, whats your dodging? since i re-specc'd to a standard ranged dueler i hit resistance duelers at least 6 times a duel and they rarely hit me twice sometimes they dont get a single hit on me in the entire duel...

DeletedUser

Im still trying to figure that out after changing my skills several times. I have just changed to a pure damage build. in other words removed skills from toughness and reflex and put them all into shooting.
Tired of resistance one hit win duelers, hopefully my re-skill will now knock them straight out.
Am thinking offence instead of defence now :)