Drowning Sorrow

DeletedUser28032

"Nein, uniforms looked like standard European pattern camouflage to me...they could be anybody" he spoke quietly examining the buildings with the monocular, they were proffessional at least as none of them had yet to turn on a light within the farmhouse.
"I am not sure that we can circumvent them" Kurt responded quietly, handing back the monocular "that farm blocks our best route up the hill to the radio tower...we could try and approach from a different side but we'd probably only find another outpost" Kurt had no desire to get into a fire fight, not without knowing how many men were in the building and what they were armed with. "We could try and sneak past them, chances are theres nobody on the actual hill, what do you reckon?" Kurt asked, pausing to take a long draught of water the canteen had made it taste of plastic but it was still cool enough "Lets go down and take a closer look we can always bug out and join the others in town" he didn't like the idea of returning to the others with his tail between his legs however when the alternative was a quick death he'd put up with it.

DeletedUser25825

Hillel nodded as she considered Kurt's plan and the options available. She returned the monocular to her pocket, and looked at Leon. She whispered, "I think it would be better if you played our cover on this endeavor. I don't doubt your capabilities, but we're trained in specifically this type of objective." Hillel looked at Kurt, and shrugged her shoulders. She whispered, "I think we should infiltrate. If there are more than we can neutralize after determining their purpose, we can always pull back and reconsider options."

She slid out of her ruck and web gear, and twisted her tactile sling so her SMG hung off her back. She drew, and checked her PSS, before nodding at Kurt. Hillel whispered, "Ready when you are Kurt." She looked at Leon, and whispered, "Hold the fort." She looked toward the farm house, and seeing no immediate movement or threat, she stood up in a hunker and moved to the nearest cover. She continued to advance in a zigzag approach, and was soon lost from sight as she entered the shadows.

Deleted User - 819397

Leon had answered Hillel's question about his training by explaining that he had basic military training, specializing in covert operations. Not stealth, strictly speaking, but keeping quiet enough to plant a bomb and get out before the fireworks with as little fuss as possible. He also mentioned he was a master of Combat Sambo. Upon reaching the objective, he merely nodded when Hillel told him to cover her and Kurt. Recon wasn't his strong suit, and with his gun he'd be the perfect cover if needed. He moved quickly and quietly to as perfect of a position as he could find. It had decent shrub coverage to keep him hidden, but gave him a good view through one of the windows. In addition, it was close to the building so he would be able to provide quick close-quarters support if necessary. Now all he had to do was wait and see what happened...

DeletedUser28032

Kurt moved quickly across the open ground zigging back and forth as he went, his eyes quickly scanned the windows and the blackened rooms beyond for any sign of movement. Dropping to his chest Kurt crawled the last few feet up to the side of the house coming to rest beneath one of the windows, he could hear voices within talking quietly to one another in the darkened room. Slowly inching his way up Kurt peered inside before dropping back down onto the floor before he was spotted, depressing the transmit button Kurt began whisper what he'd seen to the others noticing that a large amount of static was now present "four men in the main room, with perhaps another two in the room beyond, all look to be carrying assault rifles....I don't know what side they're on it's too dark to see any markings but they don't speak any language I recognise"Kurt had managed to pick up a few words here and there, mainly Bosnian with a spattering of Serbian, but it ws neither of those languages of that he was certain.
Edging along the wall of the building, Kurt turned to gaze up the hill there was a flare of red light up in the distance, a cigarette perhaps? "Suspected enemy on the hill by the tower, looks to be smoking so we should be able to take him unawares...what do you reckon do you want to take these guys out or make for the tower?"

DeletedUser25825

Hillel's voice crackled over their earpieces as she said, "An assault would be inadvisable into the structure. The unknown on the hill is what makes me more concerned. He or she may view a firefight through the windows, and who knows if they have communications broader than ours. I say we take the hill first, and see how they're blocking."

There was a pause, and Hillel said, "Leon, do you understand this language?" The two heard the men within talking in their muffled language, which had picked up again. Kurt didn't know where she was, but gauging on the fact the men were speaking just above a whisper, proved she was somewhere near. As the speaking ended, Hillel said, "I don't understand the language, but it sounds conversational to me." She waited for the other twos' takes.

DeletedUser28032

"Its not one i've ever heard either...Ok lets take the hill, Leon inform us of any movement in the house" in a crouched run Kurt made his approach on the hill, pausing at a clump of bushes he surveyed the hills crest through the infra red sight mounted on his weapon, he should have brought some NVG's with him he realised as moved the small sight back and forth until finding the source of the light he'd seen earlier, the man was leant up against the small concrete building at the base of the tower, his cigarette glowing brightly in the night "X-ray sighted on hill top, left of buildings door...moving in for take down" moving quickly up the hill Kurt approached the crest, his eyes search for any sign of a second enemy but finding.
Dropping to a crouch Kurt fired three shots, the report of his gun reduced to a whisper by the silencer, the man jerked with each impact dropping his unfinished cigarette to the ground before sliding down the side of building the assault rifle leant up next to him completly untouched "X-ray down...making approach on the building" Kurt spoke quielty over the radio although whether or not he'd been heard was unknown as the static got worse.
The buildng was a low windowless structure made from concrete, the signs mounted on its walls denoting it to be some kind of plantroom. Crouching down besides the dead man Kurt checked his pulse before going over the contents of the pockets and finding nothing of any use, also all the ranks and insignia had been removed from the mans uniform leading Kurt to believe that whoever had sent this man here to die didn't want their identity to be revealed.

DeletedUser

Andrzej sat on the jeep as Ben drove, gathering his thoughts. He was in a bit of disbelief over the recent debacle. He had allowed a few of his squadmates to go out into an area with unknown threats with no means of communication, a move that was quite uncharacteristic of him and not something he would normally do. "Whatever's infecting this island must be going to my head", he thought. On the other hand, he reasoned that he was sending off the two paranoid, incompetent ones with the only one he wasn't certain he could trust. However, if Charles Darwin was to be believed, he could make the situation work to his advantage. If they died, at least it would grant the team a little natural selection.

After they had pulled into Valletta and seen the collapsing building, Andrzej heard unfamiliar voices nearby. He gestured the squad to stay silent, and listened closely. While he couldn't make out exactly what the voices were saying, his service in Kosovo allowed him to instantly identify the language as Serbo-Croatian. He used the Serbian dialect thereof to shout in their direction, "is anyone there? Show yourselves!". Two men in unmarked uniforms dashed around the corner, brandishing AK-103s. In the Bosnian dialect, one said to the other, "these men clearly aren't enlisted".
"Well, you know our orders!", the other responded. "Kill them all!" The two didn't have time to raise their rifles before Andrzej, thinking quickly, gave his squad the order to fire.

OOC: In case it's not clear, all dialects of Serbo-Croatian are mutually intelligible, so Andrzej and the mysterious riflemen could understand each other.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25825

Hillel soon advanced to where Kurt had taken out the lone guard. She frowned down at the dead man, and then over her shoulder at the dark farm house. She looked at Kurt and whispered, "We should hurry to the radio tower. If they have some manner of check and balance with their own communications, it won't be long before they come out to investigate why this one's not reporting." She paused, and then said, "It might be advisable to bring him with. If they can't find him, they may decide to spread out to investigate. It will be easier to deal with them in a skirmish line, as opposed to a concentrated squad." She shrugged.

DeletedUser28032

"Its still six against two although i don't plan on being here when they come looking for him" Kurt whispered as he placed his ear up against the door of the low concrete building, the skeletal structure of the radio tower, towering over them, inside he could hear the humming of the machinary inside but little else, they would have risk going in blind.
Kurt quickly checked teh door for any signs of a booby trap before turning to his partner "I think what we're looking for will be in here, I can't hear anyone inside but i can't see our friend being up here all by himself" Kurt spoke quietly as he moved into a breaching position, the door clear of any sign of a trap "We can't use a flashbang so we'll have to go in quick...count of three sound good to you?" with any luck the room would be empty and they'd be able to fix the radio's and get back to the rest of the squad, Kurt could have sworn he'd heard the crackle of small arms in the distance.
Holding his gun in right hand Kurt started the count that would end with his boot crashing into the door just above its lock, his heart was starting to beat quicker as the adrenaline surged through him "Ein...Zwei...Drei"

DeletedUser31931

(OOC: Where have everyone else gone? All I see are regal, braet, alawa, KiTH and me. Also it will be impossible for the man to make a move before he dies so people don't get stupid ideas about him shooting me in the leg etc.)

Ben turned and in a second had drawn his weapon. He opened a long burst and it ripped through the first man. He trained his gun on the second man making it obvious that if he made a move Ben would shoot him dead. "Andrzej, do you want to ask him some questions or shall I kill him?" he asked.

Deleted User - 819397

(some of the people didn't stick around...KiTH, you have my permission to take over all currently unused characters until either the RP dies or the owners return)

Leon had replied in the negative when Hillel ask about the language. He couldn't hear it clearly, but what little he got didn't sound familiar. Little happened until the unmistakable sound of gunfire appeared, not nearby, but in the distance. Immediately the people in the building stopped talking. Cursing, Leon muttered into his communicator, "We've got a problem. Hostiles taking notice of distant gunfire. Will refrain from firing until necessary. The noise is in the opposite direction of the tower, so odds are they won't see you." From there Leon prepped his gun so it could be fired in an instant and waited for the inevitable appearances of the men in the building.

DeletedUser

(Thanks Regal)

"No, don't kill him", Andrzej replied. "I have a few questions for him. As for the rest of you, secure a perimeter. Neutralize any threats". Andrzej handcuffed the rifleman in a kneeling position. "I have a few questions for you", he told the man in Serbian.
"I've told you too much already", he replied, a pained expression on his face.
"Let's start with an easy one. What is your name?"
"I wouldn't tell you even if I knew".
Andrzej was perplexed. How could this man not know his own name?
"What in seven hells do you mean by that?", he responded.
"I have no idea what my name is. In fact, I remember nothing before coming to this island. The only name I'm known by is Agent R-593".
Andrzej was stunned by this. He needed to know more.
"Tell me more about what you've seen here", he continued.
"I won't!", the man exclaimed, visibly nervous. "If I tell you, they'll do awful things to me".
Andrzej drew his knife and placed the tip on the brigde of the man's nose.
"Let me assure you", he said, eyes narrowed, "whatever that entails, if you don't tell me I'll do far worse things to you".
The interrogation was interrputed by a mass of footsteps a short distance away. He cuffed the man's feet and blindfolded him before drawing his rifle.

DeletedUser31931

About twenty armed men pounded round the corner, all tanned men. Ben knew they were in trouble. He ran behind cover and opened fire immediately. Five dropped. Ben kept on spraying and providing suppressing fire for the rest to get behind cover.

Last edited by a moderator: