Downgrading Items

DeletedUser39447

How about the chance to downgrade your previously upgraded items at the exchange of money/nuggets? (It could consume higher ammounts that wit Upgrades)

It could be usefull to those that want to help players by lending them clothes, since if they had these clothes upgraded, they could downgrade them and pass them to those that need them or even sell them. Mostly with sets that aren't that usefull anymore. Per example some fort battle clothes that many players have already upgraded, and when a better one comes out and they get it, they have to keep those upgraded items that they're not gonna use anymore instead of having the chance to sell them or to help those that could really need them.

RaiderTr

I agree but there has been too many urging issues for years now and they don't even adress a single one of them.
Since last year, none for instance.

DeletedUser15368

The mechanic made total sense at one point in time. It was a cash/item sink that removed wealth from the game - a mechanic that's needed to regulate a virtual economy. This worked well when there were millions of players creating wealth. Now there's not many top tier sets to go around and the issue of premium gap is heightened because the upgrades go to the wealthiest players, instead of 3 sets going to 3 less wealthy players in an open market.

So what was once vital to regulate the economy of the game is now a detriment to the game in multiple ways. But we're obviously past the stage of regulating and are thoroughly exploiting a dead community.

At the very least, the upgrade could be removed and 1 set be allowed to be passed on to a fellow player, which I've been advocating for for years. But no.

RaiderTr

^ + Upgrades should have been limited to +1 as well. After that it's becoming pointless to upgrade in most cases but people does it anyway.

DeletedUser39379

^ + Upgrades should have been limited to +1 as well. After that it's becoming pointless to upgrade in most cases but people does it anyway.

People upgrade them further than +1 because its anything but pointless. Damage and speed increase with the same amount if you got from +1 to +2 as when you go from 0 to +1 & so do skills as long as the number of that skill on the not-upgraded item was larger than 10. Only downside then of course is that going from +1 to +2 requires more resources as going from 0 to +1.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderTr

Notice "in most cases"
From +0 to +1 there some exceptions to "%10 increase" mechanism like AP bonuses increasing by 1 even if +0 has very small number or Multi Atk/Def if they are >= 1.

And if we talk of Fort Fighting sets, small increases don't mean much as formulas have Square root and all.
"Only"

DeletedUser39379

Notice "in most cases"
From +0 to +1 there some exceptions to "%10 increase" mechanism like AP bonuses increasing by 1 even if +0 has very small number or Multi Atk/Def if they are >= 1.
I did notice "in most cases", but those example of attributes or multi atttack/defense is not what I would call "in most cases" since you also have damage, speed, skill points and stuff with large AP bonuses (e.g. the handbags you can find at certain jobs) where you get the same increase when upgrading from 0 to 1 as from 1 to 2. Making upgrading to lvl 2 anything but pointless.

And if we talk of Fort Fighting sets, small increases don't mean much as formulas have Square root and all.

-Same can than be said for upgrading stuff in general and not specifically why upgrading to lvl 2-5 is pointless compared to upgrading to lvl 1.
-upgrading weapons for their damage gives large increases in dmg output, so upgrading can mean a lot in Fort fights,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of it, item codes are so programmed that you can upgrade items to lvl 999, so when is that cap at lvl 5 finally removed? :p
Items of lvl 5 still say "soon..." when you try to upgrade them to lvl 6.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderTr

Don't underestimate the AP increase of whole set.
(Thankfully) There are still very few items that give 9 or more Ap.

Handbags? Really? How big effect those have nowadays eh? Doubt many ppl using those anymore.

Speed speed speed.. Which speed item give you a big increase with upgrade? Unless we are talking of specific OP items.

These said, needing 9, then 27, then 81, then 243 should make it pointless on its own. Unless item is dirt-cheap.
So many Waste of items for very little gain. (that is harming the already low supply and making things much harder for newbies)

But hey maybe you are one of those billionaries.
-upgrading weapons for their damage gives large increases in dmg output, so upgrading can mean a lot in Fort fights,
Yea if you are a Leaders--t player, anything helps you. Surprise!

Last edited:

DeletedUser39379

There are still very few items that give more than 9 Ap. Even Union Officer bs doesn't.
Same can also be said for equipment that gives +attack/defence, making the items that give no further bonus on upgrading to lvl 2 still much smaller than the items that do give further bonus upon further upgading.

Handbags? Really? How big effect those have anyway.
Handbags were just an example of when upgrading gives the same bonus in attribute points if you go from 1 to 2 as from 0 to 1. Probably more items will come in the future.

Speed speed speed.. Which speed item give you a big increase with upgrade? Unless we are talking of specific OP items.
Common horses from the general store can still be viable to use if you missed the event to get Spy Horse. Upgrading Yuma or Shoshone can give you better speed than a horse from a horseset that gives you +200% or +250% speed.

These said, needing 9, then 27, then 81, then 243 should make it pointless on its own. Unless item is dirt-cheap.
So many Waste of items for very little gain.

Needing, 9-->27-->81-->243 makes it more expensive, that's something else as "pointless", What people see as a gain that is still worth the effort or a gain that is too little to be worth the effort varies per person. But okay apparently we have different definitions of pointless.

(that is harming the already low supply and making things much harder for newbies)
Fair point that we can agree upon, but that's something else as stating that upgrading should be limited to lvl 1 since going further is pointless. Limiting the max lvl we can upgrade stuff leaves more resources to be given/sold to other/newer people, but similar to downgrading items or making upgraded items auctionable it is not going to happen.

But hey maybe you are one of those billionaries.
Attack on the person, nice :p But no, unfortunately not one of those billionaires.

Yea if you are a Leaders--t player, anything helps you. Surprise!
Sure it does, HP tank on most worlds so I know it can helps them a lot :p. But if you state that, you also state that upgrading past lvl 1 is helpful.

DeletedUser33353

No money in it for inno, so......doubt it will ever happen. Same as lowering duel levels. But good luck in trying.

Tucker Blue

There is an achievement to unlock for having multiple upgraded items in your inventory. There's one for level 3 upgraded items i believe. There are many cheap items to buy that can be upgraded for these though. Animals available in every General Store for instance.

Instead of fixing things that need attention and would improve gameplay Inno just keeps pumping out stronger sets like it's gonna fix problems but it doesn't. It seems to me that at the moment they're focused on tinkering with fort battles. Anything unrelated isn't even on the back burner.

For instance my suggestion of a "locker" type item that can store all the useless items we all have in our inventory just to clear it up. It makes a huge difference. The game i came here from had one, everybody used it, and it made opening up your storage a lot easier to assess not being filled with defunct, old items. Everybody would absolutely want one once they realise how amazing it is! Perfect suggestion, worth $0 to Inno. Will never be implemented.

i know putting valuable set items that can accidentally be sold at mobile trader in that locker so they can never be accidentally sold would be a huge plus for everybody. i've sold the Indian belt before and the other day accidentally sold my Traditional Courtier Belt. A locker would literally SOLVE these issues.

Hell, if KFC can admit their fries sucked in a commercial for their new crispy fries(which also sucked after they cooled down) Inno should be able to admit some parts of The West are starting to suck a bit. Not to the point of retiring but a bit sucky nonetheless. hahahahahaa

Maybe a new town layout for the adventure players? i'm sure they're bored of running the same patterns over and over and over again.

Last edited: