Double-Double Days

DeletedUser

Proposal
Special one-day only offers (monthly, quarterly, annually, frequency TBD) where Higher Income, Character Bonus, and More Energy premiums are doubled.

Current Workaround
None

Details
For arguments sake (and not to be discussed, let the devs decide the frequency), assume each major premium has one double-double day every 3 months.

This idea proposes that every so often, the effect of a single premium is doubled for 24 hours, as long as that premium has already been activated by the player. This means that specifically:

Higher Income - The Wages are increase by 75%. Also, the items that you find during work can be up to 75% more valuable
Character Bonus - The advantages of your character class are tripled
More Energy - Your character has a maximum of 175 energy points. Energy points regenerate 75% faster

This idea proposes that only one of the three base premiums are doubled on the DDD, not all three together.

I believe that many players would be willing to stump up some nuggets for the chance to double their premium effect. If the DD days were on a fixed schedule, many players would prepare for this and this would likely lead to an increase in nugget purchases.

This would also drive the use of Christmas goodies, buffs, and nuggets in general as players would strive to maximize the DDD by keeping their motivations high and full energy throughout this 24 hour double-double period. On the DD Energy Day, people would login more frequently so therefore Inno can 'in-game advertise' to a wider audience with whatever message they were interested in pushing that day.
--> Bonus diminishment of inventories and consumables throughout the worlds while increasing player activity.

Abuse Prevention
Frequency to be kept small, so say only 2 of each premium are doubled per year (total of 6 DD days per year)

Visual Aids
Please see wording I used above

Summary
Think of this as analogous to standard 'Buy One Get One Free' sale days for the retail sector. Drive increased sales while simultaneously increasing customer loyalty and satisfaction.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

Perhaps character bonus should be exempt from this, as I for one think it would be scary and a bit ridiculous for my health to be doubled again to over 26,000, not to mention workers becoming impossible to hit, adventurers becoming impossible to shoot at and duellers racking up extreme amounts of damage. Other than that, it sounds good to me.

DeletedUser

Well, it only lasts for 24 hours, and if your health doubles on that day, so does the damage that a Dueler might do to you.

I think it would be awesome fun to have a fort fight where the character bonuses are doubled. Advent's ghosting, Workers who can't be cleared... Meanwhile the tanks are getting harder to kill while the duelers are hitting for like 3k damage. Point is, it would be FUN!

DeletedUser

Fair point. Although in this case, you could do more damage since the dueler premium would go from:
Critical hits deduct an additional 10% from the maximum health points TO -->
Critical hits deduct an additional 40% from the maximum health points (assuming you had premium beforehand and it does 20% right?)

But hey, if the overall effect of the ghosting,worker block,extra HP is to make for a longer fort battle --> Better chance of higher boxes being dropped + more fun --> greater customer satisfaction, can't be a bad thing 'eh?

DeletedUser22685

Well, it only lasts for 24 hours, and if your health doubles on that day, so does the damage that a Dueler might do to you.

I think it would be awesome fun to have a fort fight where the character bonuses are doubled. Advent's ghosting, Workers who can't be cleared... Meanwhile the tanks are getting harder to kill while the duelers are hitting for like 3k damage. Point is, it would be FUN!

I agree with you that it would be fun, I suppose once every so often isn't too unbalancing.

Elmyr said:
Premium character advantage doubles the chance of a crit only, not the damage.

Yeah, but shooting at 26k HP soldiers on the other hand...

DeletedUser

I just added in the abuse prevention a proposed timeframe to limit the number of days this would be allowed.

DeletedUser

This is a nice idea, I like it. The 26k tank would be destroyed in a few rounds by several prem duelers.

DeletedUser

In forts:
Unstoppable advents
Duelers that massacre absolutely everything
Soldiers with 30k hp

So basically double premium people would play, and rest of the people would be stage props. Terrible, terrible idea. Makes game unbalanced, and paying people so overpowered that anyone who doesn't pour cash in game doesn't have a fighting chance.

DeletedUser

Uh, it's one time for 24 hours. Not much of an unbalance can happen in one 24 hour period.

And to repeat, this isn't only about forts.

DeletedUser

Plus, it guarantees that things won't get boring because every few months, one day of chaos will keep people on their toes.

DeletedUser563

Yes to a doubling but remove the doubling of the hp bonus as else all forts will be lost on that day 20000 hp tanks with double their other skills :p.

Also this idea needs more work:

Adventurers can sleep I guess then in any fort for 1 day.

Ok so make a completely worked our proposal showing how each value will change and please remove he hp bonus and come up with an alternative perhaps adding a further + 15 - 40 damage to all of their weapon.

DeletedUser

Can't do that Jakkals. It has to be all character bonuses for everyone or none at all.

3rd time - This isn't only about Forts

;-)

DeletedUser563

Thats a limited way of thinking you originally said quadraple character bonuses so that will mean 10000 hp tank = 20000 hp tank :made a mistake with other skills but still how will you kill this. Ok lets me then show you if your inflexible your idea is no longer plausible
supraxus said:
Character Bonus - The advantages of your character class are quadrupled
Modified for futurama :D

Current Premium:

The chance to find a product when working a job is increased by 20%.
The chance to find an item during work is increased by 20%.
You can use hotel rooms, up to hotel room level 4, in foreign towns for free.
The chance to get hurt while working a job is lowered by 20%.
Starting with hit 2 within one round of a fort battle, you have a chance of 50% to keep from being hit at all for the rest of the round.

Doubly Double Day
The chance to find a product when working a job is increased by 40%.[plausible]
The chance to find an item during work is increased by 40%.[plausible]
You can use hotel rooms, up to hotel room level 8, in foreign towns for free.[implausible there is only 5 rooms]
The chance to get hurt while working a job is lowered by 40%.[plausible]
Starting with hit 1 within one round of a fort battle, you have a chance of 100% to keep from being hit at all for the rest of the round.[implausible/abusive] - in effect no adventurer can be hit then

Soldiers

Current Premium:
For each skill point given to the skill health points you receive an additional 10 health points for your character.
The level needed to use a weapon is lowered by 6 levels.
In duels you receive a bonus of 100% to your tactic skill.
In fort battles, you increase the leadership skill for you and your four neighbors by 50% of your own leadership skill.

Doubly Double Day
For each skill point given to the skill health points you receive an additional 20 health points for your character. [plausible but abusive]
The level needed to use a weapon is lowered by 12 levels.[plausible]
In duels you receive a bonus of 200% to your tactic skill.[plausible]
In fort battles, you increase the leadership skill for you and your four neighbors by 100% of your own leadership skill.[plausible]

Duelers
Current Premium:
The speed on the map is increased by 20%.
The motivation for duelling raises faster. It is increased 80% faster.
You receive 20% more money in a duel.
In fort battles, you have the chance of 20% to score a critical hit. Critical hits deduct an additional 20% from the maximum health points.
You can perform duels within a radius of 30 minutes without traveling there.
Your battle hardened instincts allow you to see which skills and weapon your opponents wield in the duel menu.

Doubly Double Day
The speed on the map is increased by 40%.[plausible]
The motivation for duelling raises faster. It is increased 160% faster.[plausible]
You receive 40% more money in a duel.[plausible]
In fort battles, you have the chance of 40% to score a critical hit. Critical hits deduct an additional 40% from the maximum health points.[plausible but abusive]
You can perform duels within a radius of 60 minutes without traveling there.[plausible]
Your battle hardened instincts allow you to see which skills and weapon your opponents wield in the duel menu. [no change between premium and non premium so no change still]

workers
Current Premium:
The earned experience points for a job are increased by 10%.
You pay 4% less banking fees.
When constructing buildings in town you receive a bonus of 10% to your labor points.
The motivation to construct buildings in town rises by 20% faster.
In fort battles, the bonus of your sector is increased by 30% for you.

Doubly Double Day
The earned experience points for a job are increased by 20%.[plausible]
You pay 8% less banking fees.[plausible]
When constructing buildings in town you receive a bonus of 20% to your labor points.[plausible]
The motivation to construct buildings in town rises by 40% faster.[plausible]
In fort battles, the bonus of your sector is increased by 120% for you.[plausible but unbalanced towards other advantages now]

Since the main problem is fort fights either you dont allow them on this day or not change these skill for any class.

DeletedUser22685

He means quadruple the original bonus with no premium. Double premium = quadruple non-premium.

DeletedUser563

which is what i did the first figures show current premium values

DeletedUser22685

My mistake, I apologise. I must've read something wrong up there and I can't remember what it was now that it's been edited.

As for excluding fort battle bonuses, while it's only one day every now and then and the battles would be fun for the most part, I don't like the idea of invincible adventurers with a 100% chance to take only two shots per round. That said, I have to say it will be all bonuses or nothing.

DeletedUser563

Well lets run through that battle
1.Workers easily killed by duelers last less rounds than normal..But they can hide behind adventurers surviving till the full 55 rounds.
2. Adventurers 12 strategically placed adventurers can block the flag and entrance to the fort for the entire fight and will shoot every round for 55 rounds. They will survive till the end unscathed.
3.Duelers although they can do more damage now they cant injure adventurers .But they can hide behind adventurers surviving till the full 55 rounds.
4.Soldiers their hp bonus makes them invincible for double the rounds. They cant take the flag though as even 4 adventurers on the flag will remain unscathed. .But they can hide behind adventurers surviving till the full 55 rounds.

The more people managing hiding behind adventurers the less damage if every precarious position on both sides is filled by adventurers you could have several rounds with no damage inflicted to both sides.

That sounds very weird but will technically be the effect if implemented.

Also although I understand where you are coming from with making it purchasable I will change the following.

1.Premium players get it free its just a normal bonus. All your premium that you pay for is doubled;energy is doubled to 300, queues are lengthened to 16 jobs, income 100%.
2. It takes place on the first Saturday of every month.
3. Every player that has any premium gets the character class bonus.

Motivation for changes above:
As a premium player I spend enough money this rewards me for my loyalty directly once a month. Furthermore as its on a day that most people dont work more people will get premium even if its just for 14 days to cover this period. More premium leads to more developers in turn more ideas getting implemented and less bugs. This will also take this from we are only in this for the money idea to we care about our premium customers idea. I can give you an example of a certain site that I subscribe to at first all contents was available to premium users. Great then they sold the company now the premium content only comes to the subscription user after a month after it has been on a more premium site for a month. In effect my premium has been halved. Premium players need to rewarded and not only always be asked to spend my nuggets here and then here and oh we need a new roof. My amendment will make it suitable from my own opinion and favorable I guess to most premium users. After all you are trying to sell the idea to them as well as non premium players.

My vote is still Yes but I hope you consider my input.

DeletedUser

So I made some changes:

Character bonuses are only tripled. So the 100% ghosting advent problem goes away (at best only 75% now, and to correct something you wrote Jakkals, it remains in effect after the second hit, not the first like you wrote above).

Other character bonuses do not heavily unbalance fort fights.

Oh, and just to clarify, tripled means things like duelers are at 30% numbers, etc...

Better?

Oh yeah, did I mention this isn't only about forts?

DeletedUser

Also, in an ironic twist, if only the advents survive to the end, unscathed, then they are more likely to end up with boxes, fixing the current problem with advents+boxes in fort battles... LOL....

But never mind, I changed it to 75%.

We can call it Bonus Premium Day instead of Double-Double Day (but DDD sounded better than BPD)...