Do you think teen violence can be blamed on T.V, video games, or music?

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
If you opened a newspaper back in the American Revolutionary War, it almost never would have been "Little Kid in Charleston Gets Kidnapped", or "Nut Shoots up Marketplace With Blunderbuss."

If you using newspapers then it's defiantly got better for us in the United Kingdom, we don't have anything about gang shootouts anymore :unsure:

The most important question is always going to be - Did anyone ever teach you to think for yourself?

This is what should be happening, rather than just stereotyping all children/teenagers as naive, just incase.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

There are alot of spoiled brats out there that just expect things to be handed to them without working for it,but beating the snot out of your kids is wrong and can damage them for life in many ways.What the majority of the problem is,households with out a father figure to lay down the law,being consistant.without consistantsy kids wont take us seriously but violence against children will either make them violent or send the messege that someone being violent towards you is ok,and its not.boys that see or are treated with violence in the home usually grow up to be violent,girls that see or are treated with violence grow up to be violent or worse think its ok to stay in a relationship where their partner is violent towards them.its a vicious cycle that people repeat and its very sad that we teach our kids this and live that way

i think blaming movies and video games is a cop out,just like drugging hyper kids with meds.parents want to blame something other then themselves.they dont want to take responsibility for their neglect,inconsistantsy or abuse of their children. i am sick to death of hearing parents say stuff like 'oh i have to work 12 hours a day,sorry but i have to make the money'thats what is destroying the family unit.parents at work too much,and not with their family enough.fathers killing themselves to take care of their familys,fighting with there wives as if they are to blame and then giving up and starting new somewhere else,fooling themselves into thinking it wont happen again the same way because we make the same mistakes over and over.we are all perfectly aware of why everything is so expensive to the point we have to kill ourselves to buy the things we need let alone want

I agree with plundersilver

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I personally don't really think that T.V. and video games and whatnot are to be blamed for violence. I mean, I'm 11 years old, the other night I was watching CSI: Miami, and some guy stole an M3 bazooka and blew the rocket at a court house. Seriously, do you honestly think someone would do that?

Now lets get to video games. I'm thinking of buying Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 3 (Advanced Warfighter) for ps2. Now I know ps2 is old and lots of peeps say "OMG GHOST RECON SUCKS THAT GRAPHICS ARE CRAP!!! blah-blah blah-blah blah-blah, but thats beside the point. So its got Mild Language, blood and violence. Now sure the younger ones like my brother will be influenced when they see you play, but they won't do stuff like this. I mean seriously.

Mikey