Do you think a 50% cap on damage reduction is acceptable for dueling?

Do you think a 50% cap on damage reduction is acceptable for dueling?

• Yes. This change is absolutely needed to balance resistance dueling.

Votes: 1,125 47.3%
  • No. This change would destroy dueling and unfairly singles out resistance duelers.

Votes: 494 20.8%
  • No. I agree a change was needed, but a 50% cap is excessive.

Votes: 488 20.5%
  • Undecided. It doesn't affect me because I don't duel and don't get dueled.

Votes: 272 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

....i think that 50% cap is excessive too and i voted for that....but it's not that bad,'cos all those skills that are above the cap now they will be free to put them in other dueling skills.....reflex/toughness won't be worthless,when someone can not do a full damage on you than just 50% is still ok defense especially if you put some skills in dodge or to decrease opponents aim so you get = less damage and some dodged hits (they will not hit you every time like they did now on full resistance build).....

DeletedUser

Resistance and shooting skills are already worthless beyond a certain limit. This only changes where that limit is.

I have no problem with upper limit, but this change cause your shooting/vigor useless if you're under a certain limit. Shooting/vigor is only useful if you have enough to do more than 50% damage against your opponent's toughness/reflex. If you have just enough to do 50% damage, then the points you invested in your shooting/vigor are worthless.

DeletedUser

....i think that 50% cap is excessive too and i voted for that....but it's not that bad,'cos all those skills that are above the cap now they will be free to put them in other dueling skills.....reflex/toughness won't be worthless,when someone can not do a full damage on you than just 50% is still ok defense especially if you put some skills in dodge or to decrease opponents aim so you get = less damage and some dodged hits (they will not hit you every time like they did now on full resistance build).....

Let's say currently you need 100 shooting to do 50% weapon damage. If you respec some of that then you'll do less than 50% weapon damage. After the cap, you can respec down to 10 shooting and you still do 50% weapon damage.

You understand why that is a problem? Shooting/vigor become useless if you don't invest tons into it. If you invest tons into it then the 50% cap has no effect on you because you can do more than 50% weapon damage now.

If you don't have enough to do 50% weapon damage then after the change, you might as well respec out all your vigor/shooting and put it into aim/dodge.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have no problem with upper limit, but this change cause your shooting/vigor useless if you're under a certain limit. Shooting/vigor is only useful if you have enough to do more than 50% damage against your opponent's toughness/reflex. If you have just enough to do 50% damage, then the points you invested in your shooting/vigor are worthless.
Indeed, but as it stands, if you can only do 1 damage to a resistance dueler, then the points you have invested in shooting/vigor are already worthless too.
As I said, this only changes where the lower limit is, it already exists.

DeletedUser

You don't get it. If you have more points in Shooting / Vigor than necessary (you have more than enough to reach the 2x weapon damage cap), your points are wasted, as well.

The same is true with resistance.

If you have more than enough points in resistance to put someone's damage down to close to 0% now (or 50% once the cap is in place), the extra points are wasted.

DeletedUser

What a Joke.......

When everyone is running around with knives attacking people and doing so much damage what levels dont even matter anymore, What the hell ????:mad::mad:

Its called The West, Not The Africa.... Last time I looked the real west was knowned for its gun fighters...

Someone need to work out the math and get the formula worked out to make this game fun again.

DeletedUser12008

use Quest to implement these kind of changes

Instead of compromising for 25% and no free re-spec option
the developer could have stick to 50% and should have introduced a quest
"Resistance is futile"
This quest appears only when
1. you are KO'ed
2. your reflex + toughness is higher than your dodge
You go to Waupee's father, give him a mustang and red Indian necklace then all your toughness and reflex comes back for redistribution (Only toughness & reflex no attributes!!!)

Why would anybody complain? This will also add twist to game play.

Also in future developers may change job XP/money or any aspect of the game and then give quests to re-spec.

DeletedUser

Well, not great but better than the original 50.:wackog:

Good news! :) I am just waiting for to initiate that. Anybody knows any release date?

I have spent 1 year to build up my pure dueling character, the 50% cap change affected me badly. It was like god coming down from heaven and telling everyone on the wild west that you wont be hurt in the future like you were in the past..

I know that the world and everything changes, but this percent was to high. Before the update I was able to take out 15 players withing 1,5 days. (They attacked our fort) but after the 50% damage change policy I had to retire after 3-4 duels...

Thanks for the new update!:D

DeletedUser

Before the update I was able to take out 15 players withing 1,5 days. (They attacked our fort) but after the 50% damage change policy I had to retire after 3-4 duels...

Lol they haven't yet changed anything which means that after the update (25%) it will be much worse than now (0%).

DeletedUser

Lol they haven't yet changed anything which means that after the update (25%) it will be much worse than now (0%).

Hey, Ryan Perez! My old "friend" :D I tought it was already changed to 50%. Guys, was this already changed or not?

Only 27 defeats? Congratulations! I remember one of them was me.... :)

DeletedUser

If this poll is closed I wish someone would remove it from popping up in the game...thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.