Do times adjust

DeletedUser

Ok so this is either a simplistic question, or a confounding one – FLAME ME!!!!

Say I am in point Z.
I queue in a job far away with a travel time from Z to X = 2 hours
Then I queue in a job near X which ill call – hmmmm –“ Y” (it takes 2 hours 5 min to get to Y) - Y and X are only 5 minitues away from each other
BUT – when I travel to Y after X is should only be a short distance, but my queued in time is 2 hours 5 not just 5.
The noob question would be then do these times adjust automatically or is this the expense of making large queues

Does this make any bloody sense? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Many players have this problem. It is most likely because job times do not update themselves.

The time will calculate by how far away you were starting at point Z. X is two hours from where you are, and Y is 2 hours and 5 minutes from where you are. After finishing X, you are left with the previously queued job which will still have the original travel time from point Z to X left on it, so you have to travel the same distance you did from point Z to X.

Though, I haven't had this problem yet, but I could have and just not known it. This is a real-time game, after all.

DeletedUser

Well - I have just migrated near Boston and I have a small queue before sleep. Guess ill cancelled my queues and re-hash them

thanks BJ

DeletedUser

Actually on second check it has adjusted.

It is now a 11:00 min mozey to Boston - and an 8:00 hour sleep. 8:11 is queued -so it seems they adjust after all......

Now I have time to go possum hunting with cooter

DeletedUser

I'm a little alarmed, I took an 8 hour walk to the middle of the map, landing myself on a field to harvest... I'm not harvesting, but I'm still showing up at the pig ranch where I was before the walk :(

Hopefully it'll clear up when the job is done ><

DeletedUser

Yes, times adjust. I've often sent myself, say, half an hour away. The first job is two and a half hours away, the second job is two and however minutes away from the first job. (Unless W3 is different for some reason...) So it's safe to sleep and then do jobs. You won't spend extra time on them.

And if you're walking a long distance, like when I was four hours away from a town I'd just joined, DO NOT CANCEL FOR ANY REASON unless you just set it. If you cancel while walking, like I did after I'd gone three and a half hours, you'll be where you started. Only after you've completed ALL the travel time does your little dot move. ]:

DeletedUser

I'm a little alarmed, I took an 8 hour walk to the middle of the map, landing myself on a field to harvest... I'm not harvesting, but I'm still showing up at the pig ranch where I was before the walk :(

Hopefully it'll clear up when the job is done ><

It did that to me yesterday. Don't worry, it is keeping your current situation while it's showing you a previous job.

DeletedUser

Aye, I had completed all the travel, and my dot still hasn't moved. hehe

As a matter of fact, I travelled, finished the job, and started a new one a few minutes away - and my dot is still on the eastern part of the map instead of centered haha

At least the times are right, even if I have to hunt myself down repeatedly to remember where I am

DeletedUser

Now that's much worse than my experience. Hey, as long as it's keeping real time with you, I guess just ride it out until it's corrected.

DeletedUser

Yup, several times, like Lone said though, as long as it's keeping real time with me (and doesn't magically warp me back to the other side of the map again) I'm gonna leave it be haha

DeletedUser

It SHOULD even itself out soon. Maybe if you close your browser and open it up again instead of an F5 or something. Maybe that will do it.

DeletedUser

Or... use Opera instead of Internet Explorer.

Someone said something about Opera being the best browser for playing this game in the Forum. I read it and installed Opera and have been using it for The West only. Seems to me, it's a lot less laggy and has much fewer problems.

Liking it so far.

DeletedUser

I really like Opera. The only reason I didn't set it as my default browser a long time ago is it doesn't support yahoo toolbar. Or YT doesn't support it... But I like Chrome and I've been using that. There are some bugs and some things I can't do, but I also still use Firefox. And I have IE. I used to play iSketch on it, but now I play on Chrome.

...do I have enough browsers? I don't have Safari. I tried it and it was crap. Anyone remember Netscape Navigator? Maaan, that sucked. Does anyone still use it?

DeletedUser

im using chrome aswell, ive got to say it is a great browser and i have had no problems with it (except when it was very first released and worked with very little) and it also looks so much neater than other browsers.

DeletedUser

Anyone remember Netscape Navigator? Maaan, that sucked. Does anyone still use it?

Used to until last year, when it decided to start taking up 98% CPU as standard...

SeaMonkey is pretty much the same thing and works fine for everything except my internet banking, for which I use IE or FF, depending on computer. It hasn't had a single problem with The West to date.