Do Ghosts Exist?

DeletedUser

Doc Walker said:
Ghosts are souls who haven't let go of this life yet, something is keeping them on the in between of our current dimension and the otherside, where the birth of our souls occured.
And you cannot provide one iota of proof to substantiate your claim. Even the Bible, which isn't evidence in any respect, invalidates the existence of ghosts as you describe them. If you're not Christian, that statement means nothing. But, if you are a Christian, I can show you where in the Bible it firmly invalidates the existence of ghosts. It's actually quite specific. According to the Bible, the Torah, and the Ko'ran, the fancied ghosts of stories and man do not exist.

And that is the argument here, isn't it? The claim of souls is a Judeo-Christian claim and all Abrahamic faiths answer this the same: Ghosts do not dwell on Earth, do not haunt, etc.

Doc Walker said:
Their reason may be to look after something or someone they love, or it may be the fact that they don't know their dead. To deny the existence of ghosts based on the fact that you haven't seen one is truly self-righteous.
If you're a Christian, then you're the one being self-righteous, for failing to identify what is written in the Bible and to claim there are ghosts, without evidence and without even a personal encounter. Merely by running on what others have claimed, you sit here and claim that others are self-righteous for denying the existence of ghosts & hauntings.

Self-righteous indeed...

Doc Walker said:
now I haven't much of an idea on how to properly contact the dead, you need to consult a non-fake psychic on that matter.
Really? There's such a thing as a non-fake psychic? Tell me oh humble one, how can you determine fake from fact, if facts and evidence are not acceptable data to examine in determination of credibility?

Doc Walker said:
Of course we all know about weegie boards but I've heard from many sources that that's like shooting in the dark, often stirring up trouble.
And those sources are?

Doc Walker said:
If you are truthful in what you saw, others who have their eyes open can sense it's the truth.
Fascinating, so people who get conned out of their money, who are tricked into believing things, they don't have their eyes open? If a person sees something, people with their 'eyes open' do not always believe. If you can provide evidence to support your claim, by all means do so. Otherwise, you're attributing "powers" to humans that they don't possess.

Doc Walker said:
Liars & close-minded people can always poke fun and laugh.
Pointing out what is self-evident, and likewise pointing out what is not, does not make one a liar or close-minded. Just because you feel presentation of logic is somehow laughing and poking fun doesn't mean you're being persecuted, but it could very well mean you have a persecution complex, that you're reading into it what you need to strengthen your self-righteous tone.

Also, there's a difference between being open-minded and being gullible. Clearly you have not learned to differentiate.

Doc Walker said:
i wanna quote Billy Joel, "I'd rather laugh with the sinners, than cry with the saints." I believe this whole-heartedly
And this has to do with ghosts, how?

Doc Walker said:
Ya, I'm calling your BS Hellstromm, wake up and smell your self-righteousness dude.
Since my last post 2 years ago, I visited many more U.S. States and a few other locales. All in all, I visited well over 500 "ghost" sites/towns, slept outdoors in over a thousand locations that are claimed to be haunted, and pursued data pertaining to many alleged sightings of ghosts and other spooks.

That's my work on the issue, what's yours? Listening to stories and believing them? Did you do any homework? Did you research these claims? Did you review the evidence that disputed so many of them? Did you check the scientific efforts to identify "something," with all claims presenting absolutely no supporting evidence?

There are reasons why ghost stories exist. Some of it is mental illness or chemical imbalance either due to medical issues, drugs, or insufficient sleep. Some of it is "hope" for something more in life than what is self-evident. Some of it is attention-seeking and some of it is for profit (or the "hope" of obtaining profit). Let's face it, there are many people who are not healthy, many who do not want to accept that death entails the end, many who seek fame, fortune, and even a little notoriety.

A writer writes books for profit. Some of what he writes is fiction. A man can write fiction and claim it is true. A well known fiction writer started a religion based on his fiction (L. Ron Hubbard). People believe what he presented because it gives them direction and it gives them hope. But like anything else contrived, it is intangible. There is no evidence in support and the mere fact it cannot be proven, even evidenced, undermines the validity of said claims. Yet people still believe...

Look, I have to believe I'll be alive next year because, if I fail to believe that, I'll stop trying. What's the point of continuing to live one's life, one's efforts, one's work, one's abiding by the stated laws of one's society, if you do not believe you will be alive tomorrow?

Belief keeps us going, whether it's religion or a little white lie that hides a terminal illness from one's thoughts. But what's the point in belief in ghosts, except to scare oneself into the notion they may be trapped in a horrid limbo for eternity?

The answer to that is --> the belief in ghosts helps one to think they do not die, but they must behave in Middle Earth or they may find themselves in a bad place. I.e., the belief in ghosts both encourages the notion of immortality and discourages bad behavior while alive.

But, it's still a little white lie...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19202

And you cannot provide one iota of proof to substantiate your claim. Even the Bible, which isn't evidence in any respect, invalidates the existence of ghosts as you describe them. If you're not Christian, that statement means nothing. But, if you are a Christian, I can show you where in the Bible it firmly invalidates the existence of ghosts. It's actually quite specific. According to the Bible, the Torah, and the Ko'ran, the fancied ghosts of stories and man do not exist.

(Doc)You don't have to confine your mind to the man-made religions of this earth in order to believe in ghosts.

And that is the argument here, isn't it? The claim of souls is a Judeo-Christian claim and all Abrahamic faiths answer this the same: Ghosts do not dwell on Earth, do not haunt, etc.

(Doc) I'd prefer to leave religion out, for I do not believe in any of them. In my opinion, they are simpy guidlines for the weak-minded. I can't remember who it was, but some very famous figure centuries ago stated, "Religion was created to keep the poor from killing the rich."

If you're a Christian, then you're the one being self-righteous, for failing to identify what is written in the Bible and to claim there are ghosts, without evidence and without even a personal encounter. Merely by running on what others have claimed, you sit here and claim that others are self-righteous for denying the existence of ghosts & hauntings.

Self-righteous indeed...

(Doc) Fair enough, I may come off self-righteous from time to time and for that I apologize. But please my brother, don't deny the fact that you were being self-righteous in saying that because you haven't experienced a ghost, they don't exist. That without a doubt is SR, perhaps naive is more accurate

Really? There's such a thing as a non-fake psychic? Tell me oh humble one, how can you determine fake from fact, if facts and evidence are not acceptable data to examine in determination of credibility?

And those sources are?

(Doc) I've nothing for this one brother, you've got me here, too-shay! I suppose though, that when you believe in something or in someone, then that or they are the truth to you and that's all that matters. Inside the world our minds create.

Fascinating, so people who get conned out of their money, who are tricked into believing things, they don't have their eyes open? If a person sees something, people with their 'eyes open' do not always believe. If you can provide evidence to support your claim, by all means do so. Otherwise, you're attributing "powers" to humans that they don't possess.

(Doc)If you get conned out of your money then of course, yes, your eyes weren't fully open. For if they were you wouldv'e detected the BS. It's an acquired quality that comes naturally to some, others must be taught.

Pointing out what is self-evident, and likewise pointing out what is not, does not make one a liar or close-minded. Just because you feel presentation of logic is somehow laughing and poking fun doesn't mean you're being persecuted, but it could very well mean you have a persecution complex, that you're reading into it what you need to strengthen your self-righteous tone.

(Doc)Good one, cheers. One thing I must say is that I would love to play chess with you anytime my brother, much love and respect amigo. :)

Also, there's a difference between being open-minded and being gullible. Clearly you have not learned to differentiate.

(Doc) That's a bit mean wouldn't ya say? That one stings a bit but i'll get over it. You sure are well versed in cracking the whip. But believe me man, I may sound like a fool but I do know the difference between the two.

And this has to do with ghosts, how?

(Doc) it doesn't, I just love Billy Joel. Sorry for misleading

Since my last post 2 years ago, I visited many more U.S. States and a few other locales. All in all, I visited well over 500 "ghost" sites/towns, slept outdoors in over a thousand locations that are claimed to be haunted, and pursued data pertaining to many alleged sightings of ghosts and other spooks.

That's my work on the issue, what's yours? Listening to stories and believing them? Did you do any homework? Did you research these claims? Did you review the evidence that disputed so many of them? Did you check the scientific efforts to identify "something," with all claims presenting absolutely no supporting evidence?

There are reasons why ghost stories exist. Some of it is mental illness or chemical imbalance either due to medical issues, drugs, or insufficient sleep. Some of it is "hope" for something more in life than what is self-evident. Some of it is attention-seeking and some of it is for profit (or the "hope" of obtaining profit). Let's face it, there are many people who are not healthy, many who do not want to accept that death entails the end, many who seek fame, fortune, and even a little notoriety.

A writer writes books for profit. Some of what he writes is fiction. A man can write fiction and claim it is true. A well known fiction writer started a religion based on his fiction (L. Ron Hubbard). People believe what he presented because it gives them direction and it gives them hope. But like anything else contrived, it is intangible. There is no evidence in support and the mere fact it cannot be proven, even evidenced, undermines the validity of said claims. Yet people still believe...

Look, I have to believe I'll be alive next year because, if I fail to believe that, I'll stop trying. What's the point of continuing to live one's life, one's efforts, one's work, one's abiding by the stated laws of one's society, if you do not believe you will be alive tomorrow?

Belief keeps us going, whether it's religion or a little white lie that hides a terminal illness from one's thoughts. But what's the point in belief in ghosts, except to scare oneself into the notion they may be trapped in a horrid limbo for eternity?

The answer to that is --> the belief in ghosts helps one to think they do not die, but they must behave in Middle Earth or they may find themselves in a bad place. I.e., the belief in ghosts both encourages the notion of immortality and discourages bad behavior while alive.

(Doc) I've had a few supernatural experiences in my life, of which are chilling to recall. I can't truly find words that aren't laughable at the moment. But I will open up a thread Called Supernatural Experiences so others may respectfully reflect and this will give me more time to put what has happened to me in words.

But, it's still a little white lie...

Pleasure doing battle with you my brother, no hard feelings I truly Hope, Take it easy and keep the wind at your back

DeletedUser

Really? No hard feelings?

Doc Walker said:
Ya, I'm calling your BS Hellstromm, wake up and smell your self-righteousness dude.
Sure, okay, no hard feelings, but don't call me brother. I'm assuming by your comments here and elsewhere that you follow the Christian religion. I don't, but I'm more than happy to point out the error of your ways. Did you want me to quote the verses in the Bible that firmly contradict your assertions? ;)

DeletedUser19202

I was hoping you woudn't feel angered in such a way but oh well. Yes it was very wrong for me to say
"Ya, I'm calling your BS Hellstromm, wake up and smell your self-righteousness dude."
I truly apologize man, I was flustered and I should've been more respectful, BTW im in no way shape or form a christian. Please don't label me. I wish for the day in which you accept me as a brother

DeletedUser19202

nope, i just simply want this animosity between us to end. If apologizing doesn't help, then how shall i make amends? Now i know i'm an idiot and my thoughts are a bit bizarre, but I don't need someone peering over me reminding me that I'm dumb. I'd prefer a mutual respect between opinions, and once again i'm sorry for coming off like a stinky brain

DeletedUser

I never took offense to your comments, I'm just wanting to debate you to the ground on this and you're running off. Bah!

DeletedUser19202

It greatly saddens me that you feel the need to add insult to injury. Here's a tip for ya, and i'm overstepping here a bit but i feel the urge to, try to be less rotten to people and perhaps they will want to stick around and debate with you. I will go through the ground and to the core of the earth before I break to bullying. In the words of The Red Hot Chillipeppers Lead vocalist Anthony Kiedis,
"Little brother do you hear me, Have a heart oh come get near me, Misery is not my friend, But I'll break before I bend"
Always Love,
Doc

DeletedUser

Aw, the pity card. How cute.

Get a spine and debate the topic you decided to reawaken with haughty statements that you, conveniently, left undeleted...

Seriously though, this is a debate forum. You quite clearly jumped in, guns ablazing, and I quite respectfully fired back. Now you claim to be the victim...

The topic is, "Do ghosts exist...". It is not, "anyone see where I left my tiny violin?".

DeletedUser30224

My tiny violin is on the bottom of the lake where in the darkest of nights there just might be ghosts, pitty you can't see them in the dark :D

Ghosts do not exist, if they do I've never seen one, but would never give credibility to anything like it and would always consider it as an attempt to trick me.
Same with witches, palm readers, woodoo crap and all the likes.

Red Falcon

Even more harrowing than your average ghosts are the poltergeists and the demonic spirits. These types are said to possess living human beings and maybe even animals. They are even said to be able to attack using physical objects! Gosh! If ghosts are real, then perhaps poltergeists and demonic spirits are also real...

DeletedUser16008

Just remember people, about half the planet if not 3/4 absolutely believe in these things, what you can't prove dosn't exist actually may well, it may even be a simple thing like a social placebo effect ... who knows.

http://listverse.com/2013/02/16/10-crazy-facts-about-the-placebo-effect/

Faith and belief works in very very strange ways, I'm more than willing to consider the effect of thousands of years of the human Psyche affecting what is seen and experienced based on collective and social superstitious belief.

If some here had spent time in parts of the world others of us have you'd not be so sure all of it is mumbo jumbo I promise you, to many they are very very real indeed theres no doubting that.

If you think you know better good for you, billions would also say the same in opposition. I find it facinating that so many of the western mental conditions do not affect other cultures anywhere near as much, which probably just goes to show that its all most likely in peoples heads and dosnt really exist as well, but there you are in the US with nearly half the population on some mental illness drug whilst these mental illnesses and need for these drugs are virtually absent in many many cultures that believe most strongly in the spirit worlds ...The west is so convinced of its belief in the absence of ghosts/spirits etc it has to create its own demons inside their own societies heads and call them mentally ill ... really ? I think id rather call in the witch doctor and have him blow smoke over my child and them believe they are cured of a nasty spirit and have get on with their lives, than have what some parents allow the medical world to shove down their children's throats, often for the rest of their lives..... the witch doctor youd pay once the Pharma companies take a fat wet bite out of these peoples pockets for possibly the rest of their lives. How very convenient .....

I understand even schools encourage a shrink at the slightest unacceptable behaviour in some states often leading to drugged up children, well thats just dandy for them now isnt it ? but oooo ghosts of course they don't exist but the kids obviously are metally ill give em a drug and btw Cha ching... whatever it is it seems to me if there is a craze of exorcising the ghosts in the machine or brain, society figured out a way long ago to channel it far far better than taking mind and personality altering drugs...

Thats not to say there arnt some that need it but the majority certainly don't because most of the modern day depression illnesses and ADD etc are just a load of mumbo jumbo as well designed to make money out of people. Funny that where the medical world can't turn a profit theres a spooky absence of these conditions to such an extent........ Im of the opinion the supernatural was societies way of dealing with it in the past and I have to say it seems to me a lot more healthy in many ways than having half the population on mental drugs.

Is this connected ? oh yes I do believe it is, you substitute one social belief system for another, supernatural for the mentally unstable and make a very tidy profit ... and you can take that to the bank.

DeletedUser

Once again, you demonstrate that ignoring the facts leads to ignorant suppositions. Sorry Victor, ghosts don't exist and mental illness is indeed real. But keep on thinking that a tulip is a fairy in disguise or that yelling, "Obliviate," can cause us to forget how often you put your foot in your mouth.

Just remember people, about half the planet if not 3/4 absolutely believe in these things, what you can't prove dosn't exist actually may well, it may even be a simple thing like a social placebo effect ... who knows.
Umm, you're confusing paranormal with ghosts. This discussion is about ghosts and running on the notion that because a lot of people believe something, it must be true. That flawed logic was used to burn witches and torture people to exorcise their demons.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/16915/Three-Four-Americans-Believe-Paranormal.aspx

When it comes to ghosts, believers account for ~35% of the world's population (not 75%). Regardless, just because a lot of people believe in something doesn't make it true. If such were the case, every major religion in the world, and quite a few minor religions, would be true (quite a contradiction that would be... seeing as many of these same religions state the other religions aren't true).

I find it facinating that so many of the western mental conditions do not affect other cultures anywhere near as much, which probably just goes to show that its all most likely in peoples heads and dosnt really exist as well
You're confusing diagnosis with existence. More people in the U.S. are willing to undergo psychological or psychiatric analysis than in other countries, primarily because of a reduced stigma associated with those fields here in the U.S.

but there you are in the US with nearly half the population on some mental illness drug whilst these mental illnesses and need for these drugs are virtually absent in many many cultures that believe most strongly in the spirit worlds
Another false statement. What is it with you and pulling things out of your rectum?

49 million Americans take psych drugs, about 15% of Americans (not 50%). And, once again, don't confuse treatment with illness, or with severity.

...The west is so convinced of its belief in the absence of ghosts/spirits etc it has to create its own demons inside their own societies heads and call them mentally ill ... really ?
What is it with you and insulting Americans? You get off on that or something?

I understand even schools encourage a shrink at the slightest unacceptable behaviour in some states often leading to drugged up children, well thats just dandy for them now isnt it?
Goes to show how little you know about the U.S., and how far off topic you go (with fabrications no less) just to continue with generalized attacks on another country's residents.

Back on topic: 68% of British believe in ghosts/spirits and 55% believe in God. What does that say? Not as much as 12% of British believe they saw an apparition (psych meds anyone?).

The bulk of your post was way off topic and warrants a different thread. How about it? Wanna start a new thread on the topics of depression, ADD, etc, of which you demonstrate little knowledge or insight, but put up a lot of unsubstantiated talk? Maybe you could start it with these articles:

In the future, try not to insult an entire nation's population. That's just bad form ol' chap.

DeletedUser16008

Just one example, you do realise the Chatholic church has thousands of verifications according to doctrine on the spirit phenomena right ? in the name of the father the son and "the holy Ghost" its not for me to decide these people are all liars thats your bag, if it brings comfort or even focus and harms not others, then im all for it and dont care at all what they believe.

I don't care if ghosts exist or not, I don't care what you think or what you don't it, dosnt make you right or wrong it just means you have an opinion... one that is no more valid than probably father Giles ghost hunter extraordinair.

Paranormal study includes ghosts last time i checked, im confusing nothing and advocating nothing as true re ghosts, just that most parts of the world believe in the spirit world whether you like it or not.. spirits - ghosts whatever you choose to call them.

I was also being flippant re the % in the US as an example but trust you to take it literally :rolleyes: its no secret that the US has far more use for psychiatrists and sure its embraced, it makes MONEY on the insecure and preys on the weak minded and intolerant of normal behaviour with the backing of Government.. the young has always been erratic.. its called growing pains and being young, big deal, I see no reason to castrate peoples personalities with drugs.

No point citing the British Brian-washing Corporation either its nothing but a government propaganda tool and yes itll grow here too but only due to peoples stupid belief there is something wrong with them when in fact its just societies growing intolerance and demand to CONFORM and bend peoples wills to have the perfect little worker... nice little control tool dont ya think ? sorry im not fooled by it one iota. SKY is about as unceredible media as you can get and the mental health foundation is a self serving, self promoting private funded organisation. 1 in 4 people will experience some kind of mental health problem in the course of a year ? LOAD OF RUBBISH ... You have a bad day or week your down so what thats life ... its nothing to do with mental illness...to claim its an illness is a very dangerous road to go down. About 10% of children have a mental health problem at any one time.. TOTAL LOAD OF BS... this is dangerous propaganda BS HS im surprised you even linked it... I place no stock in any of them.

I'm not going to go into details but ive worked with kids and adults formerly on tranc meds and frankly its all a con and destroys personality, none of them are on meds any longer and wish they had never been in the first place.some believe in ghosts btw others don't ...

Just for the record the US ISNT the west sorry to pop your bubble, its just one country among many. I don't give a hoot about any nation and least of all the UK which suckles on the tit of the US for far too much BS, but when its the world leader in tranquillising its own people don't look at me pal look at your own sad state of affairs. 15% if thats the figure its around what ? 50 million ? not bad for a first world country. :no: You do realise many in the profession are unstable themselves and is what led most into it in the first, place to work themselves out. Sok im not going to give links thats just a personal quote to me from a very very respected and majorly published Professor of cognitive psychology here, im sorry but im not going to cite his name for obvious reasons but he was including himself and him being married 6 times im not going to call him wrong

Im sure people can decide for themselves without having someone tell them what is or isnt real, especially over something that neither of us care about I really don't care if ghosts do or don't exist any more than you... fact is you want to like so many others convert people to your option whereas im happy to let them make their own deductions.

Listen to all, follow none and that my man includes those that would have you go ghost hunting or to a seance and those that demand they are all just a figment of peoples imagination and trickery.

PS I wish youd stop trying to tag me as a US hater when im anything but. I can't help it if the US is such a messed up place and gives such a wonderful example of how to subvert and control people in so many subtle and profitable ways.

Sorry if that upsets you, I got past flags, colours, sex and borders years ago, I just see people these days.

You can start any topic you wish HS my personal experience of people with mental illness is pretty solid and im afraid drugs are the easy way and in general imo a cop out and failing of society to accept people are what they are. Thats not to say some don't seem to benefit and others do in fact benefit but so many more and the majority don't need anything more than self esteem, self belief and confidence. People are supposed to be different it is society that demands they conform and thats where the fault lays ... a nice little box to slot everyone into.. dont fit ? well theres got to be something wrong with you .... naaa I don't think so somehow, its called being human.

DeletedUser34315

Listen to all, follow none and that my man includes those that would have you go ghost hunting or to a seance and those that demand they are all just a figment of peoples imagination and trickery.

So, are you saying that there's nothing worthy of being followed/believed completely?

DeletedUser

Just one example, you do realise the Chatholic church has thousands of verifications according to doctrine on the spirit phenomena right ? in the name of the father the son and "the holy Ghost" its not for me to decide these people are all liars thats your bag, if it brings comfort or even focus and harms not others, then im all for it and dont care at all what they believe.
The Christian "holy ghost" is not a ghost, it is a transliteration on the concept of God's power. That you didn't bother to study theology is apparent. As to addressing ghosts within Christianity, all Abrahamic doctrines make it abundantly clear that ghosts do not dwell on earth, do not haunt. I mentioned this earlier and you avoided my providing you verse in argument, which seems now to have merely been a ruse so you can once again pull out this red herring.

I don't care if ghosts exist or not, I don't care what you think or what you don't it, dosnt make you right or wrong it just means you have an opinion... one that is no more valid than probably father Giles ghost hunter extraordinair.
An opinion comes out of something, but there is nothing here. So no, it is not an opinion to state that nothing exists where nothing exists. It is self-evident.

Paranormal study includes ghosts last time i checked, im confusing nothing
Indeed, it also includes leprechauns. Oh, and canines include chihuahuas. You are posing another logical fallacy in your arguments.

I was also being flippant re the % in the US as an example but trust you to take it literally :rolleyes:
I see, so insulting everyone in the U.S. is something flippant on your part. Nice... how exactly does that make it okay?

Im sure people can decide for themselves without having someone tell them what is or isnt real, especially over something that neither of us care about I really don't care if ghosts do or don't exist any more than you... fact is you want to like so many others convert people to your option whereas im happy to let them make their own deductions.
you presume too much.

I actually do care that people delude themselves. I don't think it's a good thing, particularly considering there are so many charlatans out there willing to take one's money because of one's delusions.

As to the rest, you continue to go way off topic.

DeletedUser16008

So, are you saying that there's nothing worthy of being followed/believed completely?

Not at all. Much as some would just love to direct how people perceive things, they can make up their own minds what to believe in without all the "follow the sandal follow the gourd" demands from others on a topic no one can really fully answer.

The topic was do ghosts exist ? no one was ever going to step up and say they do, heres my experience of why i think so out of fear of being ridiculed .. as is usual for anything not citable, This is debate AND discussion theres no pre requisite to having scientific papers on every subject when its about what people do or don't believe in that is uprovable either way.

Heck if someone wants to sit at a table and have a message given to her by her dead budgie for $5 as long as it brings peace of mind who cares if its real or not. ?

Look HS you may care if people wish to delude themselves but frankly as long as they arn't hurting anyone it dosn't bother me in the slightest. I care when they start telling society mental illness is so widespread and people actually believe that... If you cant see the correlation between an imaginary apparition making a few bucks and imaginary metal states making billions then lets call this topic done.

DeletedUser

I care when they start telling society mental illness is so widespread and people actually believe that... If you cant see the correlation between an imaginary apparition making a few bucks and imaginary metal states making billions then lets call this topic done.
Your ignorance on the subject of psychology or psychiatry is not the topic of debate. However, to return to the topic of debate, you do realize billions of dollars are being made by feeding into the notion of ghosts, right? People are being hoodwinked all the time. You claim one is bad because you "think" it's not true (mental disorders) and think people are making money on this falsey, and then turn a blind eye to the other (ghosts/hauntings) in which people are making money on this falsey.

p.s. Sometimes your arguments bite you in the butt and I gather to say your butt has collected quite a few bitemarks on this discussion alone.

DeletedUser

I agree with hellstormm. There is a money trail behind every theory. It's like a path of bread crumbs. These "Ghost Hunters" sometimes make people pay, so they can "investigate" people's homes for paranormal activity. Hollywood has a hay day with ghost. Places often make their "hauntings" a tourist destination!

Im not saying ghost are real, or they are not. Im saying that things are exaggerated for the sake of making profit.

DeletedUser16008

Oh my we are in a grumpy mood lately arn't we ? Yes if you want to put an industry around ghosts it makes a fair bit but then again its spread around very thinly and helps local economies with gimmicks tourist destinations etc and is generally seen as entertainment. Being hoodwinked or being conned into needlessly taking drugs ? .. yup thats hard to choose between :rolleyes: I know which one making a profit dosn't bother me but oh well.

PS Since I don't happen to care about the existence ghosts any more than you do I don't feel bitten at all, on the contrary ive just been chatting and showing that you have no basis for any argument for or against the existence of ghosts just an opinion or personal belief.

Start a thread on psychology or psychiatry and ill give you the opportunity to show my ignorance on the subject by all means.