Do Ghosts Exist?

DeletedUser

tehee :D

when i checked to see if it had already been posted i found nothing though. don't blame the new guy *hides* :p

DeletedUser19202

Ghosts most definately exist. If you don't believe in them then just spend a night or two in a known paranormal hotspot. Anyone who hasn't had an encounter with a ghost and says that, "no, ghosts don't exist" rather than "it's possible that they do exist", I think are too scared to even want to believe in ghosts in the first place.

DeletedUser

"Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, etc."

That "ghost" enough for you. I tried it, the whole shi-bang. Nope nothing.

Ghosts don't exist, but what I believe is that a soul continues on to a baby within a woman, but loses its knowledge so it has no knowledge of dying... or of anything at all.

DeletedUser

Ghosts most definately exist. If you don't believe in them then just spend a night or two in a known paranormal hotspot. Anyone who hasn't had an encounter with a ghost and says that, "no, ghosts don't exist" rather than "it's possible that they do exist", I think are too scared to even want to believe in ghosts in the first place.
I have been traveling the countryside, and visited a buttload of so-called haunted houses, slept in a few so-called haunted sites, etc and so on. So now are you going to tell me, "if you haven't seen a ghost, it's because you're not a believer!?"

At what point are you going to accept that, over centuries of storytelling and decades of extensive technology available, not even one iota of evidence has been obtained to substantiate the existence of this fairy tale? I mean, are we to believe in leprechauns simply because we haven't found evidence to disprove their existence?

Posing the challenge of proving a negative is the typical huckster, snake-oil saleman, evangelist trick.

DeletedUser19202

I have been traveling the countryside, and visited a buttload of so-called haunted houses, slept in a few so-called haunted sites, etc and so on.

I would really love for you to share your ghost adventuring stories. Where did ya go and how did you feel when you were there?

DeletedUser

I went through 19+ States and a multitude of locations. I didn't feel anything. No goosebumps, no cold feelings, no scary little creepy crawlies, nothing. Details as to locations will not be shared because, well... it's my trip and not yours, so nyaa. :p

I have a counter-request. Provide evidence. ;)

DeletedUser16628

I don't believe in ghosts either.It's your mind playing tricks on you is all that is.
When adults express a belief in ghosts, angels, the soul or whatever I see it as a vestige of this juvenile propensity to believe uncritically.Now does this adult belief apply to UFO'S as well?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I cannot completely deny that unexplainable things happen. What is called "paranormal" is whatever we cannot logically explain (not counting lies from people who pray on believers to make a buck). But that can easily be explained by the fact that we do not use our brains to their full capacity. Whatever our brain cannot logically explain/perceive/define enters the "paranormal" category and is defined by terms such as: ghosts, UFO's, telepathy and so on. Just because we use words such as "ghost" to define something our brain cannot define, it does not mean that was we encounter is an actual ghost by definition (as we know it). When someone claims to have seen a mass of fog in a certain shape and calls it a "ghost", it does not necessarily means that mass is the soul of someone who passed away. It can be anything, something that might be easily explained (believers confuse things that our brains can easily define just because they believe), or something that our brain cannot define (due to the above stated reason).

DeletedUser

all supposed 'paranormal encounters' in supposed 'ghost hotspots' are mere psychological effects. you know that the place is supposed to be haunted, so your body overreacts to even the slightest noise, and as your psychology is overreacting, your mind creates supposed movement in inanimate objects.

DeletedUser

Hi duduie, it is not true, we use our entire brain. The notion that we use only a portion of our brain was posed by a science fiction writer, but it has been debunked time and time again, only to come up time and time again, JUST like debunked ghost stories. Fancy that...

DeletedUser22575

I have definitive proof ghosts do not exist. Every day no matter if its cold, hot, rainy ..you name it .....I have to go clean my horses stalls and clean horse poop.

Now I know if ghosts existed there has to be at least one old cowboy ghost out there. I have asked time and time again for him to show up, grab a pitchfork and start scooping.

Of course I could be wrong and maybe all those ghost are just lazy. :)

But at any rate horse poop is tangible, it can be seen, smelt, and stepped it. Ghosts are not. So until one shows up and proves me wrong and starts scooping horse poop I have wasted my allotted time on ghosts.

DeletedUser19202

Ghosts are souls who haven't let go of this life yet, something is keeping them on the in between of our current dimension and the otherside, where the birth of our souls occured. Their reason may be to look after something or someone they love, or it may be the fact that they don't know their dead. To deny the existence of ghosts based on the fact that you haven't seen one is truly self-righteous. Ya, I'm calling your BS Hellstromm, wake up and smell your self-righteousness dude. :p

DeletedUser34315

Ghosts are souls who haven't let go of this life yet, something is keeping them on the in between of our current dimension and the otherside, where the birth of our souls occured. Their reason may be to look after something or someone they love, or it may be the fact that they don't know their dead. To deny the existence of ghosts based on the fact that you haven't seen one is truly self-righteous. Ya, I'm calling your BS Hellstromm, wake up and smell your self-righteousness dude. :p

Well, I haven't seen me winning the lottery but, I quote "To deny the existence of ghosts based on the fact that you haven't seen one is truly self-righteous."
Using the same logic: I've never seen a person with 4 arms and a chicken comb on their head, but hey! I can't deny the existence of such a person. There must be some because I cannot prove there is not.
As for the "ghosts" in general- I've slept in graveyards overnight (odd camping trip, that was) without seeing or hearing a blamed thing. Not 5 minutes ago i tried the bloody mary thing- Nothing happened, apart from my cat meowed angrily about being woken up by me chanting "bloody mary" and "I've got your baby" and loudly spinning in circles.
Tell me- did i miss a step to summoning the ghost? Because, clearly she must exist, if i cannot prove otherwise...

DeletedUser19202

Well no one else has seen a four armed person with a chicken comb in their hair, unless Goro from Mortal Combat awoke after a night of partying and decided to walk the streets. Other people have seen ghosts though. Brake free from your self-righteous shell man. Your examples included things like "I tried" & "It didn't happen when i did it". Self-righteous my friend.

BTW, there are ways to communicate with ghosts, you probably shouldn't dabble in it though because you'll seldom get the attention of whom your looking for. Usually it turns out rather aweful. Don't be afraid though for ghosts don't have the power we do, they can't physically harm us but they may leave mental scarring.

DeletedUser

Well no one else has seen a four armed person with a chicken comb in their hair, unless Goro from Mortal Combat awoke after a night of partying and decided to walk the streets.

I saw him! I know I did! Yes, okay, I was completely drunk out of my tiny little mind, but I'm convinced that I saw him!

Other people have seen ghosts though. Brake free from your self-righteous shell man. Your examples included things like "I tried" & "It didn't happen when i did it". Self-righteous my friend.

That's just mind-blowingly ironic.

BTW, there are ways to communicate with ghosts, you probably shouldn't dabble in it though because you'll seldom get the attention of whom your looking for. Usually it turns out rather aweful.

So...you're claiming that you've spoken to the dead. Could you give me some proof, other than "I did it, honest!"

DeletedUser34315

Brake free from your self-righteous shell man. Your examples included things like "I tried" & "It didn't happen when i did it". Self-righteous my friend.

BTW, there are ways to communicate with ghosts, you probably shouldn't dabble in it though because you'll seldom get the attention of whom your looking for. Usually it turns out rather aweful.
Ah, yes, Gandalf the uninitiated, unfit to meddle with ghosts... NOW who sounds self righteous?

So, because others have said they've seen things, those too must exist?
Bigfoot?
Aliens?
Loch ness monster?
Chupacabra?
Vampires?
Werewolves?
The list goes on and on.
Y'know, yesterday, I saw an eight foot tall alligator walking on his back legs. He walked up to me and said, "Hey buddy! Got a light?" I grabbed my .900 magnum patented laser cannon that i stole from some weird green short person, and i blasted that alligator into a smoking pile of hide.

Don't believe me? Too bad. I, my dog, and my next door neighbor all saw it. Clearly, since we all saw it- it must have happened.

Edit: Saw tigermite's post. Well, see? There are 4 armed chicken comb people! Call the media!

DeletedUser19202

now I haven't much of an idea on how to properly contact the dead, you need to consult a non-fake psychic on that matter. Of course we all know about weegie boards but I've heard from many sources that that's like shooting in the dark, often stirring up trouble. Spirits are pestered by people who do this, it's like, "Hey you, ya you. Come talk to me. No, stop what your doing I don't care, come here now. HEY!!!!" and so on and so forth. If you are truthful in what you saw, others who have their eyes open can sense it's the truth. Liars & close-minded people can always poke fun and laugh. Let's agree to disagree my brothers cause this can go on forever

DeletedUser

now I haven't much of an idea on how to properly contact the dead, you need to consult a non-fake psychic on that matter. Of course we all know about weegie boards but I've heard from many sources that that's like shooting in the dark, often stirring up trouble. Spirits are pestered by people who do this, like, "Hey you, ya you. Come talk to me. No, stop what your doing I don't care, come here now. HEY!!!!" and so on and so forth. If you are truthful in what you saw others who have their eyes open can sense it's the truth.

So, now you're saying that you haven't actually contacted the dead, but because you heard a third-hand story told by that tramp down the pub then it must be true!

Liars & close-minded people can always poke fun and laugh.

Again, this is just so ironic. You are making claims, yet calling us liars and close-minded people when we call your bluff and ask for some proof.

others who have their eyes open can sense it's the truth.

Self righteous folks you mean.

Let's agree to disagree my brothers cause this can go on forever

Yes. It can.

DeletedUser19202

So, now you're saying that you haven't actually contacted the dead, but because you heard a third-hand story told by that tramp down the pub then it must be true!

(Doc)"You can read people when they talk to u, whether their full of BS or if their honest. Some people are great at concealing themselves but that means you have to be greater at detecting."

Again, this is just so ironic. You are making claims, yet calling us liars and close-minded people when we call your bluff and ask for some proof.

(doc)"Youre assuming that I called u a liar and a close'minded person, but i never pointed that at u or anyone else in this room nor would I"

Self righteous folks you mean.

(doc)"no, people who can read through the BS"

Yes. It can.

on and on and on and on, but to be honest i wanna quote Billy Joel, "I'd rather laugh with the sinners, than cry with the saints." I believe this whole-heartedly