Do better inno

OlliePie

There is a Irish belt, a Scottish belt, a Northern Irish belt, a Welsh belt and a British belt. Where is the English belt. Inno isn't discriminating surely?
Inno isn't openly being racist, encouraging discrimination and ignorance.
England isn't a British Belt. English isn't British.
England and being English and speaking English is part of being British. Britain is made up of Scotland, Wales, England and Northern Ireland. Each have their own languages, their own parliaments the list is endless.
Don't steal the identity, don't show your ignorance, don't discriminate and don't be racist.
Do better inno

Pankreas PorFavor

Britain is made up of Scotland, Wales, England and Northern Ireland.

I am not trying to be provocative, this is an honest question - isn't Britain just Scotland, Wales and England, and together with N.Ireland they make up the UK (The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)?
I know it is a sensitive question, but would people say that UK = Great Britain, do people in Northern Ireland consider themselves British or Irish? I understand that this is as much political as it is a geographical question, but it caught my eye and I thought I could ask, hopefully without stirring any trouble.

anyway, there's about 40-something country belts in the game, right? a lot of countries are left out, and they could feel discriminated. but this is really funny, that they excluded England and all the other parts of UK are included :D I'd say it has more to do with lack of knowledge than bad intentions. Maybe they'll add and English belt "soon", when they start updating belts some time in 2023... :D

OlliePie

The point is they included everyone else but not England.
Britain is not England.
And it is Great Britain and NI. But the NI belt was included as was the Irish. But no England.
Plus not to be confused with the British Isles.

Pankreas PorFavor

I understand your point, all off the UK + Ireland is covered, but not England. It's because a person who was dealing with it at Inno is sloppy and/or doesn't know much about history, politics and/or geography, and quality control is not something the company cares too much about.
Some time ago there was another player who was upset because there is a Croatian belt and Albanian belt in the game, but no Serbian belt.

I have gaps in my knowledge too, but I ask about things I don't know - is Northern Ireland really Britain like you say? It is UK, but is it Britain? I'm not asking just you, if there are players here from N.Ireland, I'd like to hear what they say.

OlliePie

No its GB and NI. Its murky at times as some NI regard themselves as British yet others Irish. NI is NI and has its identity as does Ireland, England Scotland and Wales.
The whole history of NI, Protestants, Catholics and occupation is a whole other conversation not to be had here.
Earlier I mentioned NI and Britain in the context of belts as they are available not in the context of GB and NI or UK.
However, its flowered up you cannot ignore one and include the others its plain rude.

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
There is a Irish belt, a Scottish belt, a Northern Irish belt, a Welsh belt and a British belt. Where is the English belt. Inno isn't discriminating surely?
England and being English and speaking English is part of being British. Britain is made up of Scotland, Wales, England and Northern Ireland. Each have their own languages, their own parliaments the list is endless.
Don't steal the identity, don't show your ignorance, don't discriminate and don't be racist.
Do better inno

I will pass it on as a players suggestion to the Dev. team :)

OlliePie

I will pass it on as a players suggestion to the Dev. team :)
Hardly a suggestion as blatantly ignored and ignorant. Remove all others as a show of respect. Or as inno does normally encourage negativity and leave because facing the issue will show backbone and understanding.

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
I do not want to think that there is so much to discuss about this, but the developers have to get to know things, get to be able to change them - they do not see the conversations on the various fora, but are dependent on things being submitted to them, and the better understandable argumentation that is presented the easier it is to get things through the system.
It is not always due to direct reluctance that things are not implemented, but most often due to the way it is communicated to them and whether they actually get it dissuaded.

DeletedUser34084

Thank you @OlliePie for bringing this really important issue out there and having them fix it. The game's fixed now, people! Finally playable!

OlliePie

Thank you @OlliePie for bringing this really important issue out there and having them fix it. The game's fixed now, people! Finally playable!
Well. You know Rome was not built in a day.
On the first day God created day and night.. On the second day sky land and seas, on the third day plant and trees. And on the fourth day moon, stars and sun for the day. On the fifth day God created water filled with creatures and air filled with birds. On the sixth day God created land filled with creatures, Adam and Eve. On the seventh day he blessed the day and rested.
Perhaps Inno could use Gods time management to get things done... Just a thought

Do better inno

Ollie - do you think the devs got together, sat in the room and said "hey, these belts, let's purposely leave out England!" ?
Look at the belt IDs, these have been added over years. There's a difference between blatant racism and adding things over time and nobody ever thought about it. I'd rather have the devs work on fixing the game than spending time adding/fixing items (that includes upgrading the shop items)

and besides, they still have this belt/set. You want to discuss racism?

OlliePie

Okay Roland, let's discuss the games lack of standards in general.
Let's discuss the trolling and bullying that goes on.
You start....

You opened the door to racism, not lack of standards.

I asked a question - do you think that Inno/TheDevs purposely sat in a room and decided against England? Do you think they purposely sat in a room and said <this country> but <not this country> and it was because of blatant discrimination?

There are over 150 country flags in the world. Inno has 55 (if I counted correctly) flags.
Does that mean Inno is racist towards 100 countries? Highly doubtful.
As I said before, look at the ItemIDs. Flags were added over time. All that was needed was a request to add, not an accusation of racism.

Don't use the term 'racist' loosely. Have facts. It's a serious issue and throwing it around for any petty use devalues acts of racism.

OlliePie

So, by being ignorant and not knowing difference is okay just don't mention racism.
Doesn't matter how long ago they did the belts. Message still. Stands.
British is not English or England.
And it is discrimination
It is racism
It is wrong no matter how small you think it is.
Yes there are far more things wrong with the game.
But whatever,
Ignore it because its not your identity.... Your country etc etc etc
Blah blah blah

You are saying they're being ignorant. You are saying they don't know the difference.

I'm saying it's very reasonable that some flags were added, some more flags were added, flags might have been requested to be added, and nobody ever suggested England. As I've pointed out, there are around 100 flags of countries or territories in the world that have not been added.

It doesn't mean they are racist.