Dn5's video game of the week - "Fallout: New Vegas" (2010)

• Thread starter DeletedUser8950
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Yeah, it has a fare share of them. Fortunately they're only minor and shouldn't stop you from enjoying the game as it's intended. Altough I did lost 2 of my companions due to the glitches.

DeletedUser

I have had these glitches as well. which includes but is not limited to the game freezing up. now this isn't all that bad since the game does auto-save when you enter/exit buildings, fast travel, or sleep but when you are traveling across the Mojave Wasteland for a long distance it can be very frustrating. if you get 90% to were you are going.

DeletedUser

No vats for me. I made my character the ultimate sniper. Give him a regular sniper rifle and he can take out almost anybody. Give him a gauss rifle or a anti-material rifle and even the mighty deathclaw cannot stand up to me.

DeletedUser

I killed the legendary one with ONLY 3 hits. The :censored: legendary one, who is the strongest creature in the game.

DeletedUser

I killed the legendary one with ONLY 3 hits. The :censored: legendary one, who is the strongest creature in the game.

I killed that one up close and personal, in hand to claw combat.
Mind you, it took a few attempts and a solid dose of frustration ;)

DeletedUser

Im loving the exploritive feel of this game. Like just wandering the mojave aimlessly is just so fun. And everything has some sort of reward to it. Like maybe you find an abandoned gas station filled with much needed food. Or you explore a burnt barn only to find a giant ant bed filled with gigantic radiated ants.

It's one of those games where you can just go around doing nothing in particular and find so much new and exciting places and people.

DeletedUser

Yeah, it's awesome.

Shall we find another game to discuss?
It has been a while now, right?

DeletedUser

Yeah we did Red Dead a while back.

How about some sports titles like Fifa or Madden?

DeletedUser

NOt a huge fan of sport titles, but if you guys are then by all means, go ahead :)

DeletedUser

Might I suggest say...Dragon Age? Great game made by BioWare, great RP, flaws with some parts in the game, but overall, it's pretty nice.

DeletedUser

this is another thing my and John have in common I just find sports games to be like a 3 out of 10 for games (1 being kids games, 2 being viva pinata) but by all means if you want to do a sports game go right ahead

DeletedUser13682

QUICK!!! Insert F:NV comment before subject change! Great game, love it, only problem is the bugs. The choices are almost overwhelming, I've heard of people playing over 500 hours, and still not getting half the endings. I would give it a 9,4/10, because the bugs are so numerous.

DeletedUser

well I finally finished fallout new Vegas. I went the path of Mr house with using the NCR as a side alliance. and I got to say I wish there was more of a story line after like Fallout 3 had not just do the main mission then you are done.

DeletedUser

well I finally finished fallout new Vegas. I went the path of Mr house with using the NCR as a side alliance. and I got to say I wish there was more of a story line after like Fallout 3 had not just do the main mission then you are done.

8 out of 10, the story after the mainquest in Fallout 3 was a DLC!

It wasn't there until way later.

Also the epilogue in New Vegas is A LOT better.

DeletedUser

I did not realize it was DLC (I hope they come out with something for F:NV) thanks and I did like the Epilogue better.
but other then the glitches in the game (which have been said mention) I will give the game a 4 out of 5

DeletedUser

It's kind a sad that the final mission in F3 was also the weakest. It wasn't very well planned and I felt a bit disappointed. Also I had hopes that the final battle at the dam in F:NV would be a bit bigger, I mean I brought so much gear into it and ended clearing the way with the one-shot-one-kill alien blaster. Still, the epilogue was better than the one in F3.

DeletedUser

I'm a PC gamer, I loved Fallout 3, but since it runs best with Nvidia card, it has substandard graphics, when compared with ATI's. If Fallout: New Vegas ran better on ATI cards I would give it a better score then 8 of 10.