Discussion:Adding to the forums

DeletedUser

Hey guys,

The team working here at the forum has just had a meeting in order to think of additional forums we could add to make the forum a bit more active.

This is the discussion thread, so everyone can tell me what they want. I am willing to consider anything that's within the rules.

Here is what we've come up with so far:
  • More off topic forums on particular subjects
  • A forum to prepare for the P&P from the fort update
  • A graphics section, for example signatures
  • Duelling competition sections in each world

Discuss..

DeletedUser

Sure that sounds good. Within the off topic there could be the debatables, games, honorific and maybe (i say this tentatively) a flame topic.

DeletedUser14280

I'd be more inclined to see a slightly more organized forum overall.
You know, so that I can find topics I'm interested in, easier.

What about a world news forum? So that we can talk about swine flu?

DeletedUser

Yeah, that is kind of what I was saying. More subforums. It would make navigation easier. maybe.

DeletedUser

Sure that sounds good. Within the off topic there could be the debatables, games, honorific and maybe (i say this tentatively) a flame topic.

I love the debatable, and game forum idea. Absolutely love it :) Will have to think about the other two.

I'd be more inclined to see a slightly more organized forum overall.
You know, so that I can find topics I'm interested in, easier.

What about a world news forum? So that we can talk about swine flu?

Could you just explain why you find the forums disorganized? (Not annoyed, I am very curious)

A world news, hmm, do you think that would be used?

DeletedUser

i'd like having a dueling competition section of each world. infact, i'd love it.

i'd also really like to get some maps of each world, based on family, made by players. im not very good with that kind of stuff, so, even though i have tried, i couldn't really make one myself. we could have the top families, (examples from w1) like Abandon Hope, Rock Ridge, galactic empire, stuff like that. it might be difficult, but it would be nice to see. while i know thats not a forum, it could become one if we got some players to start making them. only thing it would really require is for families to report to the map makers the list of towns in their family.

a forts forum would be good too

DeletedUser

we could have a church subforum in off topic as im seeing alot of churches being setup :D

Anywho I like the idea suggested by celxius on having like a news forum where people can talk about world issues and have a debate about it etc

DeletedUser

If there are lots of people interested in it, and it's within rules I don't see a problem with any section (we need to choose the select few best ones though).

Any I add will be put under trial, and if it's active enough then it stays :)

DeletedUser

we could have a church subforum in off topic as im seeing alot of churches being setup :D

Anywho I like the idea suggested by celxius on having like a news forum where people can talk about world issues and have a debate about it etc

I like the idea also ;)

i'd like having a dueling competition section of each world. infact, i'd love it.

i'd also really like to get some maps of each world, based on family, made by players. im not very good with that kind of stuff, so, even though i have tried, i couldn't really make one myself. we could have the top families, (examples from w1) like Abandon Hope, Rock Ridge, galactic empire, stuff like that. it might be difficult, but it would be nice to see. while i know thats not a forum, it could become one if we got some players to start making them. only thing it would really require is for families to report to the map makers the list of towns in their family.

a forts forum would be good too

How about just a Area for Dueling ;)?

Maps could be done i think, Morthy may have some idea how

And why a forts forum atm?

DeletedUser

How about just a Area for Dueling ;)?

Maps could be done i think, Morthy may have some idea how

yeah, maps would be hard. for now, just the dueling competitions.

And why a forts forum atm?

why not? then we can debate about how they'll be in an entire forum, instead of just in a single thread. we'll have so much more room to debate then.

DeletedUser

yeah, maps would be hard. for now, just the dueling competitions.

why not? then we can debate about how they'll be in an entire forum, instead of just in a single thread. we'll have so much more room to debate then.

Maps could be hard, yet they could be easy if we knew how :)
Also i agree with the part about that, but how about a subforum talking about Future updates that have been announced instead of just forts ;)?

DeletedUser

what do you mean a church forum?:huh:

DeletedUser

I'd definitely like to see a separate forum for all the games. I lost interest in seeing how high I could count many years ago.

DeletedUser14280

Why is it that all of the roleplaying games I've seen in the 'campfire stories' section are based in the west?
Is something wrong with swords-&-sorcerers, or high-tech?

I think that having a big list of topics can be intimidating to search through, especially if you're a newcomer.

What about having a game guides section of the help forum?
Enough people write them.

DeletedUser

what do you mean a church forum?:huh:

its a little joke dont take it serious, its because there are topics called 'The Church of blah blah' have a look in offtopic forum and you will see what i mean ;)

DeletedUser

A section dedicated to quests , rather than quest questions ending up in the FAQ section or the saloon

DeletedUser

this might be a though but a fourm for just spam posts.

now you might be saying wait there is no spaming on the fourm. well if people put all of there spam into one fourm for others to see if they want to see it or even know about said spam websites they can go there.

DeletedUser14280

I doubt that we need an adult forum.
Are mods of this game allowed? If so, maybe a mod/patches forum would be in order.

DeletedUser5046

Off topic section can have four section

• churches (also daily gospel can be seen here)
• debates (yeah a lot of debates about religions and scientific theories. . )
• games (weeee....counting and a lot of word games :D)
• archieves (i dun think kiss or shoot is a game..neither are some dead threads. . .)

just add if you want...

while saloon can have two

• ingame
•newspaper

:D

if there is something missing feel free to add...or if its a lot..feel free to change it

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

agree to angelaiah013 for having more games and clean the dead threads.