Discuss New World aka15

DeletedUser

Hmm, hope this isn´t a double post, lol. What do you think (this have been suggested before also) about a world that resets every year for example? That is enough time to build towns, forts and get a high level. And those who likes a fresh start of a world and test a new build and a new path in the game can join that world. And to prevent everyone from going there and "killing" old worlds make it a closed world. Open registerations for a time, close it and open again. What do you think of that?

well, then no one could have a full holiday set :(

DeletedUser

Aaah, now we're talking! Holiday set. One of the major reasons new players don't want to go on old worlds. Those ones that are aware of it's presence of course. There will always be some players that never discover holiday items exist. ;)

So you tell me. Would you like more to go on w15 when it opens and where you know there is no holiday set item yet, or you'd rather join some old world?

DeletedUser22575

Aaah, now we're talking! Holiday set. One of the major reasons new players don't want to go on old worlds. Those ones that are aware of it's presence of course. There will always be some players that never discover holiday items exist. ;)

So you tell me. Would you like more to go on w15 when it opens and where you know there is no holiday set item yet, or you'd rather join some old world?

Oh like the Holiday sets has anything to do with anything. I just got the necklace of enderment what..last month.

I certainly can't tell that not having it has has hurt me in any way, nor can I tell that parts of it or the whole set has increased my frequency of finding anything. But wearing that stuff is a good way to get ko'd if your not careful.

No holiday sets is a pretty feeble argument for a new world.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I know that new worlds kill older ones, and I love my old worlds, but I still want a new one. I want to play a new world and be in a fresh new town with friends from other worlds. I want to see if I can finally make a top 10 dueler using the plenty of targets around me. You cant really do that in old worlds, as the top 10 duelers are already level like 90ish, and all the towns are basically done already.

DeletedUser16008

lol like the holiday set is a consideration ... major reason my ass :rolleyes:

As for beta its wasnt created for players to "test" a build but rather to check updates etc for bugs ... it really is players like Jox that have twisted things to the point they believe their own propaganda.

Old worlds are easy going new ones are a race for whatever + why would you even bother with a new world unless you were bored with the one you were on anyway ? same as any old world..

Why am I answering someone who cant see my post ? because I still like to point out how ungodlike the noob is from time to time regardless of how much he looks in the mirror :D

Deleted User - 1278415

Well I think part of the reason no w15 has been brought about is that we have too many old worlds that w15 might be a closure of an old world and wipe the map of all details and reintroduce a world.

Though I see weststats - and westforts would be thrown out of whack with their data collected. It would be interesting to see if shops reproduced the same items as they once had if that were ever to happen or if praying/building at > 90% only or whatever myths there are for building to populate shops are. I think it is all random.

DeletedUser26398

well not the point to be in the hall of fame I want to have a new start and new alliances just to continue playing I really got bored from all my worlds I play W6 - W11 - W12 - Arizona - Briscoe and Beta too
maybe the new world will give for all of us a fresh start with new plans to do

DeletedUser

You see this all over the world. One camp wants 'new hardware/software' (NH) with features, another camp wants 'new features' (NF) on existing hardware/software. Every single company that innovates for a living goes through this.

You could argue that Inno has done a good job of both over the years, perhaps possibly weighed a bit more at new worlds rather than new features on old worlds (debatable).

The question is, why do you want a new world. Is it for the existing features of the game? Or is it for new features? If the latter, then you have to ask what new features will the new world have that one of the old ones don't have. If the former, again, you can get that in an existing world. BUT, it's always about customer retention balanced with customer satisfaction, balanced against features that always mess with the first two things.

So, how's this for a suggestion? Introduce something COMPLETELY new to an existing world. But something that doesn't directly affect existing users. Let's just pick something oddball, like a new character class. So in this example, let's say we get a new class called Religious. Only NEW players or restarts can be in the Religious Class. They can't duel, can't battle, but can work, and for arguments sake, say they can go to fort fights to bless people or something. Give them the ability to rise up in rank, and give them the ability to, dunno, increase the luck of the woshippers in that town, whatever, but make it appealing.

To summarize, if we want to retain interest in the game for older players and retain newer players, give them new features but on older hardware (ie existing worlds).

DeletedUser23701

New world would make sense if something new is implemented, what older worlds has not.
Just to open new world with same features -> no point.

DeletedUser22575

You see this all over the world. One camp wants 'new hardware/software' (NH) with features, another camp wants 'new features' (NF) on existing hardware/software. Every single company that innovates for a living goes through this.

You could argue that Inno has done a good job of both over the years, perhaps possibly weighed a bit more at new worlds rather than new features on old worlds (debatable).

The question is, why do you want a new world. Is it for the existing features of the game? Or is it for new features? If the latter, then you have to ask what new features will the new world have that one of the old ones don't have. If the former, again, you can get that in an existing world. BUT, it's always about customer retention balanced with customer satisfaction, balanced against features that always mess with the first two things.

So, how's this for a suggestion? Introduce something COMPLETELY new to an existing world. But something that doesn't directly affect existing users. Let's just pick something oddball, like a new character class. So in this example, let's say we get a new class called Religious. Only NEW players or restarts can be in the Religious Class. They can't duel, can't battle, but can work, and for arguments sake, say they can go to fort fights to bless people or something. Give them the ability to rise up in rank, and give them the ability to, dunno, increase the luck of the woshippers in that town, whatever, but make it appealing.

To summarize, if we want to retain interest in the game for older players and retain newer players, give them new features but on older hardware (ie existing worlds).

So in other words introduce a class that could play the game..not be dueled....an advantage that every other class does not have in this game. So they could work, progress in levels, etc, without the same risk that every other class had.

Every class should face the same risk that could effect their progression, not one class receiving "special treatment".

Not a chance, and this suggestion is just part of a anti dueling agenda.

DeletedUser

Look TJ, that was just a wild suggestion. They couldn't duel nor benefit from fort fights, which in my opinion is a significant enough sacrifice to outweigh the 'dueling protection'.

But that wasn't the point, the point was about something NEW on older worlds. If you don't like the idea of a non-dueling class (FFS people, let's not start THAT debate again), whatever, suggest another new but significant feature. Drive customer retention while adding customer value.

And BTW, I've played more duelers/soldier-duelers on my worlds than any other class. I have NO anti-dueling agenda, that was an irrational conclusion to my previous post.

DeletedUser22575

Look TJ, that was just a wild suggestion. They couldn't duel nor benefit from fort fights, which in my opinion is a significant enough sacrifice to outweigh the 'dueling protection'.

But that wasn't the point, the point was about something NEW on older worlds. If you don't like the idea of a non-dueling class (FFS people, let's not start THAT debate again), whatever, suggest another new but significant feature. Drive customer retention while adding customer value.

And BTW, I've played more duelers/soldier-duelers on my worlds than any other class. I have NO anti-dueling agenda, that was an irrational conclusion to my previous post.

The problem with something new for a new world is it would require new programming just for that world.

The way it is now they can just use the same..so which do you think they are going to do.

DeletedUser

You're right TJ, it would be easier to just copy and paste into a new world. I'm not talking about programming efforts per se, just saying that if you *assume* that the current players on older worlds are loyal players, some of whom have helped Inno get this far, then customer retention must be a key concern for them, in addition to new customer acquisition.

My suggestions are based on the concept of retaining existing customers, not so much based on acquiring new ones.

Deleted User - 1278415

The problem with something new for a new world is it would require new programming just for that world.

The way it is now they can just use the same..so which do you think they are going to do.

TJ is correct if the programmers are going to do extra work then it is going to apply to all worlds.

The developers had to do a lot of work apparently just to make the premium on w2-w10 to not allow for skill purchasing but allow the rest of the abilities of enhanced premium.

It sounds like it should be easy as a switch... but apparently not. Heck it took them about 2-3 days more to figure out the 2=1 hour jobs after the golive of w2-w10 enhanced premium.

DeletedUser

Its a big YES from me guys totally new world means totally new players and totally new towns and politics.

And after all the Devs after programming like heck will get some profits by the premium so its no big deal from them I think.

But as many people are saying no to premium as it discriminates non-premium users from premium users.

But I think they should make a new world.

DeletedUser

I was for a new world as that will be the only way I come back.But the more I think about it the truth is it kills the old worlds and I'm not even talking about 1-10 I'm talking 11-12-13.Still plenty of good fun to be had in all 3 of those worlds can't speak for 1-10.

Every 'old' world that isn't world 1 or less than 18 months old is already dead. Would anyone really object to the closing or worlds 2, 3, 4, 5 ,6 ,7 , 8?

DeletedUser

If you think a fresh start in a new world where players can buy skills and attributes is the solution to any problem you are wrong.

And that is where the game went wrong... The Dev's, accountants and the likes of Diggo/Hellstromm didn't see that. Everything in this game should be earned. When players can buy skill points, energy refresh , teleport across the map & purchase items it takes a while to drop, the whole game changed.

Having a credit card doesn't make you good, it makes you overpowered. And the real players of this game know that. The original premium features, plus the placate shaman are all that's needed to keep any world ticking over.

DeletedUser

So in other words introduce a class that could play the game..not be dueled....an advantage that every other class does not have in this game. So they could work, progress in levels, etc, without the same risk that every other class had.

Every class should face the same risk that could effect their progression, not one class receiving "special treatment".

Not a chance, and this suggestion is just part of a anti dueling agenda.

I'm pretty sure a premium feature 'undeulable' is on the agenda, but who cares? You can acheive that by being very good, the games focus has shifted from dueling to fort battles any way.

DeletedUser

new/old worlds

I don't know if it's possible, but why not combine 2 old worlds together, reduce the amount of travel, have a bigger map. Everyone would have new allies/enemies to make, new forts to conquer, new towns to duel, etc. Yes i know some people play on both. And they'd have to choose 1. But better than let the worlds die.