Dinosaurs and Relics in need of an update?

Do you think that the premium option "Placate Shaman" should be added to world one?

• Yes, I'm tired of having to wait for the shaman to come down on its own

Votes: 28 30.8%
  • No, it would defeat the purpose of keeping world one classic

Votes: 59 64.8%
  • I can see positive and negative sides to this (explain in post)

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I have a different opinion that I will explain in a post.

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

DeletedUser1121

Dont understand why you claim people will quit. So you waste all your effort in the game and quit because they change one aspect. More people are probably quiting or going on permanent vacation because there is no placate shaman and 2 hour vs 1 hour jobs.
The fact that you don't understand that people will quit when expanded premium comes to world 1 doesn't change much to the fact that they will. I for one will quit this world (the only world i still play) if the premiums will come.

There is 30000 players on arizona and 15000 on world 1. The numbers speak for themselves.
True, there are more players on the full premium worlds. But those worlds are being recommended on a rotating basis. W1 has even been closed for new registrations for quite a while.

Lets put the vote also in perspective 49 /15000 say no 23 /15000 say yes. 0. 32% NO 0.15% YES.
.32% vs .15% is still 2 to 1 no matter in which perspective you put it.

In tribal wars there was always surveys in game. Given that the decision was taken without consulting 1 player an in game, start up, pop-up survey would have been more appropriate.
This is not an official survey by inno. Derek was just curious to see how many people share his thoughts.

DeletedUser563

im not going to respond to most of what you say desi although i respect your opinion. Fact is software companies need to take their customers opinions into account there is lots of case studies to that effect. If they did it didnt come to my attention. You cannot empirically state that a lot of people will quit just as I also cannot empirically state that a lot of ppl are quitting because of it. That is the software analysts and designers jobs to assess this. And it can only be tested by a full world survey. The ppl that usually are active in forums is anyway not the ppl that will quit. Forums is mostly ignored by the majority of players. And no it isn't 2 to 1: the minority cant decide for the majority.

Furthermore this whole discussion and most of the votes was decided by issues around the "golden gun". It seems rather that the golden gun was poorly designed and thought out with stuff like stack bonuses and introducing it after the raid quest which leaved a lot of experienced players that could not obtain it because they selected the wrong path.

Little positives was also mentioned like higher fort participation due to the fact that a person that has not specced for fort fighting can easily respec and explore fort fighting with such a change.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1121

im not going to respond to most of what you say desi.
Thanks for not responding on most what i said. It makes the forum so much better when we all just say something and don't back it up. I will respond to what you have said though.

Fact is software companies need to take their customers opinions into account there is lots of case studies to that effect. If they did it didnt come to my attention. You cannot empirically state that people will quit just as I also cannot empirically state that ppl are quitting because of it. That is the software analysts and designers jobs to assess this. And it can only be tested by a full world survey. The ppl that usually are active in forums is anyway not the ppl that will quit. Forums is mostly ignored by the majority of players.
Let me quote Elmyr again:
It doesn't matter how many people on w1 want expanded premium, they can play on other worlds. For people who don't want anything to do with the new premiums, their only option is w1. If w1 goes expanded, their only option left is to quit.
So, no matter how many designers look at it. If I do not want to play with premium options, my only other option is to quit. Letting this world stay classic has been a result of some furious discussions in the past where lot's of players stated what i said before.

And no it isn't 2 to 1: the minority cant decide for the majority.
Maybe you actually should have read what i posted. That way you should have known that this poll isn't about making a decision. This poll is made by the request of Derek1982. He was curious if others shared his opinion on adding premium features to W1.

ow, and it is 2 to 1.

edit:

Little positives was also mentioned like higher fort participation due to the fact that a person that has not specced for fort fighting can easily respec and explore fort fighting with such a change.

Last Activity: Today 13:25
Current Activity: is covering up the mess! Dinosaurs and Relics in need of an update?

Thanks for editing your post after i replied.

Yeah, positive. Have you read this post: Boycott Fort Fights?
Fort fights are real fun on other worlds.. Getting shot to pieces because everybody can do the hardest quests in a few weeks if they pay.
But lets not get this into another GG flame thread. Just pointing out that easy reskilling brings a lot of problems aswell

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser563

well i stated my opinion thats why i didnt discuss your whole response and the keyboard of my laptop makes it hard to type else you would have had a 5 page discussion:tumble:. I'm not certain where my penalty count or infringement meter is:) else I would double post. Yes GG sickens me saw a battle today with 11 golden guns in it vs 1. Last page took me to 4 not 5 :p. Funny also no alternatives was discussed how bout increasing the amount skill respec goes down with. I actually read through the whole discussion and is aware it is not a vote. But have expressed minority views that was actually incorporated in my opinion in the last update. So dont discount the role this forum plays.

DeletedUser41

Awww come on Del & Realm not you guys as well :(

Gotta say it's the only one left on the original system leave it for exactly the same reason as Elmyr has given.

If you introduce shaman the whole personality of the place will go along with the magic...You should be proud of W1 it created legends and its a taste of the real old west ( so to speak )

Yea im there somewhere under an alias ( im a wanted man yknow ) and I love its classic.

I voted no.

DeletedUser

I picked the 3rd one. The positive is that it would make it easier for me to respec and finish the quests I haven't done. The negative is that I probably wouldn't do it anyway, but it would be easier for everyone with premium and upset a lot of people without it.

DeletedUser6752

Dont understand why you claim people will quit. So you waste all your effort in the game and quit because they change one aspect. More people are probably quiting or going on permanent vacation because there is no placate shaman and 2 hour vs 1 hour jobs. There is 30000 players on arizona and 15000 on world 1. The numbers speak for themselves.

Lets put the vote also in perspective 49 /15000 say no 23 /15000 say yes. 0. 32% NO 0.15% YES. In tribal wars there was always surveys in game. Given that the decision was taken without consulting 1 player an in game, start up, pop-up survey would have been more appropriate.

I will quit.

I'm in w1 as well as 3 other worlds - the only one where I kept premium after the changes is w1. In the newer worlds, I just wander around, doing a few jobs every day.
The only place where I still have any real interest is in w1 - and if w1 changes to the new expanded premiums, I'll just pull the plug on the game completely.

I've been playing the game since 2008 - I've welcomed some changes, and disliked others. But by and large, the game has remained playable for me. Now only w1 is "playable" to me, and if it goes the way of the other worlds, then the game as a whole will become far too different from the way it was when I started playing - when I decided that it was a game I enjoyed.
Should I keep playing because my pretend character is too precious for me to give up? Would you spend money on something, and just keep spending it so you can mentally justify the money already spent as not having been "wasted"? if w1 changes, I will cut my costs and end it. I've done it before - reluctantly - in other games. It wasn't easy - I made friends there and enjoyed the social aspects of the game even when the gameplaying became unrecognizable from when I started playing. But I won't spend time or money just so I can log into a game I no longer find enjoyable, and make smiley faces at people I've never actually met.