Dinosaurs and Relics in need of an update?

Do you think that the premium option "Placate Shaman" should be added to world one?

• Yes, I'm tired of having to wait for the shaman to come down on its own

Votes: 28 30.8%
  • No, it would defeat the purpose of keeping world one classic

Votes: 59 64.8%
  • I can see positive and negative sides to this (explain in post)

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I have a different opinion that I will explain in a post.

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

DeletedUser14006

Wondering if a moderator could implement a poll to see what the majority of world one players (at least the ones who visit westforum) think towards our dinosaur world joining the 21st century with the introduction of placate shaman.

I for one am bored to hell with such a slow paced and rediculously high priced shaman and want the 'placate shaman' premium introduced to this world.

Wondering who agrees and who is against this.

DeletedUser41

Its the only premium i would agree with on this world, quite like the slow 2 hr jobs and pace.

Only world not to have level 120's you actually have to work for your rank here :p

Any other premium on this world would be terrible and if the only way to get the shamen reset was to introduce other premiums then i would rather live without it.

Actually makes getting the golden rifle a real achievement. Going for it at the moment, taken over 6 months just to get 2 keys from the quests i would be gutted if all my money and time has been wasted yet again.

Just my opinion.

DeletedUser14006

I would only want the 'placate shaman' introduced myself here on world one, on my old account I had key 1 and 2 also but not interested on attaining them this time around.

I just would like the 'placate shaman' option as it makes respeccing a lot quicker and a damn sight cheaper and with the option to respec once in a while it keeps the world fresh and open to new choices for individuals.

DeletedUser

It would be nice to have this shaman addition, just so long as there is a workaround is implemented to prevent abuse, last thing any of us want is the chain re-spec dueler/fort fighter.

DeletedUser14006

As on all other worlds the option to perform a complete respec is based on how much IG money you are prepared to spend in conjunction with how many nuggets you are prepared to spend.

Usually for a complete respec it costs me around 360 nuggets and $80k-$90k IG cash so I do not see a real way that it can be abused.

DeletedUser1121

i have quit all the worlds that have the shaman reset.
Personally i like the fact that you will need to plan and work to reskill on w1

DeletedUser14006

Planning never worked for the dinosaurs :)

Seriously though, I get what you are saying Desi and everyone is entitled to their opinion, afterall this is what this thread is about.

Do you think you can use your mod powers and get a poll setup to see what the opinion of others are bud?

DeletedUser1121

i can always try to use my powers for good.
lets see how that works out...

DeletedUser

Like I said before w1 should remain original without any of the new premium.
If we create a poll for this one it will just open the door for other ones,I am sure many people will like to see 1 hour jobs too.

That being said tbh I don't mind either way.So far I've spent 250 g for the shaman so believe me I feel the pain :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 819397

Created a poll for this, as requested. Have fun :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1121

wow first to vote :)

needless to say, i voted No, it would defeat the purpose of keeping world one classic

DeletedUser14006

Thanks Lord Regal ;)

Needless to say I voted yes, now I just need all you other dinosaurs to wake up long enough to vote the right way unlike Desi and the other two who voted before I did :)

DeletedUser

I think that it should be implemented in W1, but only the shaman. It doesn't really change the world very much as you can already re-spec, it just would shorten the amount of time between them. It would really be helpful to those that want to quest, or even if you want to try something new.

But I do not want people being able to buy skill points, that changes the game entirely.

DeletedUser563

cost skill point for me 640 i.e. 59 days to get to 50 . ap is now 360. "classic" right thats classic. Change it in my opinion.

DeletedUser618

I understand the impatience of some in respect to the time and $ needed to respec. But no, no and no. Us dinosaurs like W1 the way it is.
Dinosaurs are resistant to change.

DeletedUser

Maybe they could reset the shaman costs to zero for a nominal fee like 50 nuggets.

Another way for IG to make money

DeletedUser14006

Maybe they could reset the shaman costs to zero for a nominal fee like 50 nuggets.

Another way for IG to make money

This is how the 'placate shaman' option works on other worlds but for 18 nuggets, that is what we are discussing :)

DeletedUser

I can see positive and negative sides to this (explain in post)

Pro: Cheap respeccing
Con: Derek comes back

But seriously, I'm undecided. I like the idea of it, but I don't like what's happening with newer worlds with rampant GGs. w9 is already starting to get a bit of an unbalanced GG situation too and it will take even longer for w1 probably. I guess the fact that the devs are aware of the issue could mean the overpowered sector bonuses will be resolved before it becomes a problem on w1.

Abstaining for a bit before aye or nay.