Democracy for Towns!

DeletedUser

Great in theory; but let me ask you this.
Have you tried explaining a weighted voting system to a 14 year old?

Do you know the percentage of people that play this game that are under 16 and not exactly the sharpest knives in the box?

DeletedUser3741

Most 14 year olds should know algebra, If they dont then I suggest they stop playing and pick up a math book, and probably other study books while they are at it.

DeletedUser

Most 14 year olds should know algebra, If they dont then I suggest they stop playing and pick up a math book, and probably other study books while they are at it.

Have you been to a public school lately? I fear for our future.

DeletedUser3741

Have you been to a public school lately? I fear for our future.

Actually yes, since Im only 19 and graduated last year, and I know what you mean.

Regardless if they dont know how to solve it, theres always calculators or they can just google it...

Or someone who is not an idiot could tell them the answer (and perhaps teach them how to do it while their at it)

DeletedUser

I think the original point was, that younger players would prefer not to be troubled by anything more than light mathemetics while playing what is essentially a game.

Some of us enjoy stats and figures to assist us to improve our enjoyment in a game, I personally do not. That doesn't mean I wouldn't make an invaluable addition to any town, it just means I have no interest in maths.

Point being, whatever is decided, it needs to be user-friendly. You have a target audience. They don't want to have to wade through crap to play a game.

DeletedUser

This is not mandatory in any way. If they are too lazy to add money + 20xHours, then they can remove Weighted votes out of their town's constitution.

Edit: I just counted weighted votes for my town's voting poll. It takes one minute.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

When this first caught my attention, my thought was, 'omg totalitarin policing bull crap I'm gonna have to start a war over'
thats what i thought when i read it to. but i respect your views but i personally dont agree that all towns should be forced to use it.

DeletedUser

Thanks for your support! :)

And as in for forcing towns...
No, no, NO!

I have already said multiple times that nobody is going to be forced! :blink:
(goes back and changes the front page)

DeletedUser

@ Hank - In relation to you constitution thingy, being that its founded on freedom and democracy etc, what are your views on this kind of behaviour?

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=5973

Our constitution is founded on freedom and democracy, therefore I think Hank would agree with me when I say there is room in The West for absolutely any form of game-play a player chooses to implement. "Duke of Westminster" and his followers are as free as we are to use their imaginations and follow a code of behavior that they feel is right for them.

DeletedUser

@ Hank - In relation to you constitution thingy, being that its founded on freedom and democracy etc, what are your views on this kind of behaviour?

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=5973

I have no views on this idea, because the creator did not provide enough details of what and how he is going to implement. As it is right now, it sounds like a stack of Non-Aggression Pacts... with some things I cannot quite follow up on...

DeletedUser

I have no views on this idea, because the creator did not provide enough details of what and how he is going to implement. As it is right now, it sounds like a stack of Non-Aggression Pacts... with some things I cannot quite follow up on...

Lamorra actually asked you what your views on this "kind of behaviour" were in relation to our
constitution thingy, being that its founded on freedom and democracy etc[/unquote]

I took that to mean that Lamorra was asking what your/our ideas were about the "Duke of Westminster" implementing a new facet into the game, not what our personal views were on the content of his idea "The League of Nations" - because obviously if that was what he was asking, then I would have to agree that without more details we are not in any position to comment.

I still stand by my previous comment that the "Duke of Westminster" is free to throw up any suggestions of how he would like to set up his gameplay :)

DeletedUser

Lamorra actually asked you what your views on this "kind of behaviour" were in relation to our
constitution thingy, being that its founded on freedom and democracy etc[/unquote]

I took that to mean that Lamorra was asking what your/our ideas were about the "Duke of Westminster" implementing a new facet into the game, not what our personal views were on the content of his idea "The League of Nations" - because obviously if that was what he was asking, then I would have to agree that without more details we are not in any position to comment.

I still stand by my previous comment that the "Duke of Westminster" is free to throw up any suggestions of how he would like to set up his gameplay :)

Now I see the point ;)
Yes, if Duke and his followers want to create it, definitely :)