Votes: 116 84.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 15.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diggo11

In response to this thread I would like to propose the following on deletion times for low level players.

Proposal
To unclog Innogames' servers by removing low level players who are inactive at a faster rate.

Currently
Currently accounts are deleted after 45 days (28 on the German Server). Unfortunately this means we have masses of low level players who gave up on the game and purely taking up space. This means there is less room for potentially paying customers, forcing Innogames to purchase more server space.

Details
We propose a second deletion time is added to remove these low inactives. (Note that the default time still applies for the remainder of the player base.) Level One accounts would be deleted after 5 days of inactivity. There has also been debate over adding a third period for Level 2-9 accounts of approximately 22 days, but we have failed to reach a conclusion here.

In addition to this we would like a warning mail sent to an e-mail account 3 days prior to deletion (excluding level 1). This would help reduce instances of semi-active players losing their accounts, mainly if the middle bracket of deletion was introduced.

Visual Aids
Below are some stats showing the extent of the problem we are attempting to fix. Note the obvious level one problem, and that very high level 2-9 total!

3331298744_4de07fa592.jpg

Also this link will direct you to a table showing all deletion times. Note the middle one is purely OPTIONAL.

Summary
Ultimately the aim of this game is to generate maximum revenue for Innogames. So the less money they spend on new servers due to noob overload the more money they'll make which is in everybody's interests.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

What if I'm level 28/29 and my internet has a problem for a month?... it would just delete me which is not very fair.
The current rule is 45 days not 28.

Diggo11

Rules said:
§8) Account deletion
A player can be deleted for a variety of reasons. If an account is inactive for over 28 days it may be automatically deleted.
I'm just going off this. Anyway I'll just make that point less specific.

DeletedUser

Level 1: You must log in at least once every 3 days to avoid deletion.
Level 2-9: You must log in at least once every week to avoid deletion.
Level 10-30: You must log in at least once every 2 weeks to avoid deletion.
Level 31+: The current 28 day rule applies.

Level 1: Agree 100%.
Level 2-9: Agree 100%

I would change
Level 10-19: 2 weeks (maybe)
Level 20+: 45 days

Once you get to level 20, I think you've put enough effort into the game that you shouldn't be penalized if you have a problem such as the one CraZ mentioned.

Diggo11

Anyway the numbers don't matter as long as they are tighter. I'll change 'em for you. Apparently 2/3 of World 1 players are Level 1 :eek:

BTW can we get clarification on that. I had thought 45 myself before I read The Rules which say 28 :huh:

Last edited:

DeletedUser

They say 28 because on the germen servers it's 28. here it's 45.

DeletedUser

Since you changed it to what I said, I guess it would be silly to say I don't like it. ;)

DeletedUser

It's OK by me, although a bit complicated. What about simply changing the level 1 rule to 3 days? That alone would solve the majority of the problem, and would be extremely simple. Or even make it level 1-3. After all, by the time you hit level 4, you're hooked. :)

I'd vote for this as is, but would prefer fewer categories. JMO.

DeletedUser8950

Agree with 1 and maybe 2, but everyone has internet/computer problems sometime. It's creepy having to travel through fields of greenhorns though.:eek:hmy:

DeletedUser

Our worlds are 45 days -

Level 1's should get deleted much sooner but it sounds like it's hard-coded on their end, and so not likely to get changed. And when they say hard-coded ... they mean it ... we still have not got the extra secret quest from the v1.14 update cause it was hard-coded to a specific date (which was b4 we got the update.)

Diggo11

I'd vote for this as is, but would prefer fewer categories. JMO.
Would anyone else like fewer categories? I think the Level 1 and 2-9 are fair enough, but perhaps the 10-20 are excessive. I didn't really think it through I just decided to fix a problem ;)

DeletedUser

Yes, I'd like fewer categories. Way it seems to me, the main problem is with lvl 1 graveyards. On world two, of 24865 players there are almost 10000 level 1 players. I would like to go with something like:
lvl 1: 3 days
lvl 2 - 5: once a week
lvl 6 onwards: normal

Red Falcon

In response to this thread I would like to propose the following on deletion times for low level players.

Level 1: You must log in at least once every 3 days to avoid deletion.
Level 2-9: You must log in at least once every week to avoid deletion.
Level 10-20: You must log in at least once every 2 weeks to avoid deletion.
Level 21+: The current 45 day rule applies.

The point to this idea is to help filter the low level inactive players who are clogging IGs servers. The more active players they can get on every server the more money they make which is good for The West. This does many things including the survival of the game, preventing those annoying ads and hopefully hiring more developers to speed things along!

Not a good idea at all! If my Internet somehow went down and it stayed down for longer than the required period of time, then my account would be long gone! Thumbs down to this one!

DeletedUser

I think it should be levels 1-5 to log in every week and leave the other levels as they are now, once the inactive level 1s go it should free the worlds up.
It's mega rare that something would go wrong with your internet or computer for a month+

DeletedUser

I'd say the same, keep it as simple as possible. If you have a short period cutoff for levels 1-3 that would appear to solve the problem.

DeletedUser

Levels 1-3: 5 days, then you poof.

Levels 4-99: 45 days, same as now.

Everybody happy with that?

DeletedUser

what if some people are stupid and cant get to level 4 in 5 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.