Votes: 116 84.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 15.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I think we all agree that the hordes of inactives are a problem, but this suggestion really is kind of pointless (no offense Diggo). The devs know it's a problem too. Either they're planning on fixing it, or not. I highly doubt we've suggested anything they haven't thought of.
We sure have had some (useless) fun arguing though! :D

Diggo11

Elymr that might be true, but its not on the 2009 planned changes, meaning they probably haven't.

DeletedUser

They might not think this issue concerns us. I'm sure they regularly do things to tweak the servers and other issues that don't directly affect us and they would probably consider this issue the same thing: none of our business.

DeletedUser

And they might actually want the inactives there for 45 days, to reduce the load on their servers. I don't know if they could handle the traffic if everyone on the server was active.

DeletedUser

And they might actually want the inactives there for 45 days, to reduce the load on their servers. I don't know if they could handle the traffic if everyone on the server was active.
Hmmmm...

I would prefer 2 premiums and 8 players rather than 20 inactives.
I would too, and I should think Inno would as well. Inactives don't pay, and it doesn't take many payers to support another server or a little more bandwidth.

DeletedUser

As I said a few pages back ,they want the inactives as it boosts numbers they can show playing the game.

Would you click to play an online game that has 300,000 players (thats how its advertised) or one that has 50,000 ?

Diggo11

When I look at a game it is one that has been (a) recommended (b) advertised (c) made by the same company as another I already play such as this one. I couldn't care any less how many players it has.

DeletedUser

When I look at a game it is one that has been (a) recommended (b) advertised (c) made by the same company as another I already play such as this one. I couldn't care any less how many players it has.
+1. But that's just 2 of us hardcores. What about the broad masses? :unsure:

DeletedUser

I just got asked to play by a friend. I've never even looked at the numbers.

DeletedUser

So lets tell them it DOES concern us and we WANT it done.
I agree - can't harm to tell them, even if they know. As you also pointed out, it is not on the planned list yet - so surely we have a good excuse to list it.

+1. But that's just 2 of us hardcores. What about the broad masses?
I saw the ad from TW, and decided to check it out - the numbers playing had nothing to do with my decision to try it out. And I wouldn't put myself in the hardcore player league...

DeletedUser

Perhaps the lure of being in on the ground floor is just as exciting as the lure of a buzzing hub of hipness.

DeletedUser

Hey this could be one of the surveys suggested in another thread - how did you find out about The West? :)

DeletedUser

that would be interesting.

My guess is over 75% from tribalwars.net, and most others from a friend.

DeletedUser

I came from an mmorpg site's browser game list. There's a thread in saloon about where everyone came from with a lot more answers if you really feel like doing a census.

Status
Not open for further replies.