Votes: 54 70.1%
  • No

Votes: 23 29.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser30224

There will be a two week period available to vote. (May be extended if needed.)

If the idea wins 80% of the vote, it is sent to the developers who will respond with feedback and the idea will be linked in the ideas passed to developers.
If it loses the vote by not attaining more than 79.99%, it will be moved to the archives. The idea will then be placed on the list of items to not post again.

Original thread can be found <HERE>.

Proposal

It is always a problem when a general isn't online, or when players enter the game too late. Generals always have to refresh before seeing exactly who is at the fort, who is online and if they have refilled or not their HP.
I would like to present an idea, that could help resolve these existing problems when ranking at fortbattles.

Current Workaround

Currently, before every single battle a general has to be prepared with 20 or even 30 minutes before a battle just to give ranks and, mostly on very populated worlds, has to make efforts not to make mistakes.

Details

It would be a simple system, where the general can insert a few details, conform any chosen tactic of his own, by which ranks would be given automatically.

For example he would set: Players above 4k HP (6k HP in case of soldiers) and ON would get Captain.
Players lower than 4k HP (6k HP in case of soldiers) would get Soldier.
Players outside of the alliance would get Reservist/Traitor.

I don't know if automated strategy would prevent players from free game or that it would ruin the fact that organizing the players is the job of the leaders, not a systems', but it would be nice to be able to make a strategy inside of the recruiting page and the system could automatically move players by the given criteria.

Abuse Prevention

I have no idea if there could be any abuse about this system, I think this is a necessity in order to ease and simplify ranking and also improve and make battles fair, much more organizable and more fun, no more pain in the bubu :p for generals and/or players.

Visual Aids

First of all, there would be a Strategy button, where you can adjust the automatic recruiting and adjust a manual/automated strategy.
By leaving there the recruiting menu, you still can recruit manually, this way not being forced to use the system.

nd8.JPG

By clicking on the Strategy menu, you get to the next step.

zujy.jpg

Under the priority menu, you can see the priorities set by the general.
You can set more priorities, first would be HP equal or greater than 4k (6k for soldiers) and ON and positioned by strategy. These options can be modified by opening it. There will show you the screen where you can adjust the automated recruiting (image below).

By clicking on the Modify button, you will get a screen where you can create or modify strategy (two images below).

ek6u.jpg

ek7i.jpg

Above is an improvised (but not original) strategy creator window. Go back with the Back button, erase the strategy by clicking the X. Chose different colored arrows, different characters. By checking the box under the characters you make online the selected character. This way you can specify where do online and offline players have to be placed. You can select in the priority menu if the system has to accept only those who are placed by the strategy or others too.

By clicking on the instructions players get to a menu where a strategy is written if those shown on the battlefield are not enough.
t4w.JPG

Summary

This way, everything related to the battle would be in one windows, generals wouldn't have to literally work in order to fulfill players' requirements.
In my opinion this is excellent in the same way for players as it is for the generals. I think for INNO is just a little plus work, but something simple that could easily improve ranking and increase activity at fortfighting a lot, this could not only keep existing players that often fight over ranking, but would, in the same time, keep newcomers, too.

Administration

Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

DeletedUser

ranking system

i think the ranking system is not such a good idea the whole point of ranking is to select those people you like in the fight

also there are things a computer cant account for and a ranker can like
- full leadership players these players tend to have less health
- offline or online sometimes people are online from the start or offline from the start there are also those that come online in round 10 or so and onliners are more usefull the offliners
-people that arrive late if you set jobs for example and you get there 2 min before start you can tell a ranker but automated ranking will not know or too late
-it might take away the point of coming online for a fortfight
-what if your 3k hp and the minimum is set on 4k you wont get a rank and the lower ranks will become a random draw this is not encouraging either

it will be more of a random draw and thats the whole point of ranking to prevent that you can start a fight without ranking anyone and you randomly get players
ranking is work but not hard work it doesnt take a lot of effort either this encourages rankers to let a computer do the ranking and thats no good in my opinion

the strategy button is a genius idea though

DeletedUser

i think the ranking system is not such a good idea the whole point of ranking is to select those people you like in the fight

You select whoever you would like to fight.

- full leadership players these players tend to have less health

It is just another option which could be implemented, and another options which can be chosen manually if you prefer.

- offline or online sometimes people are online from the start or offline from the start there are also those that come online in round 10 or so and onliners are more usefull the offliners

That's why I said you can still use manual recruiting, you could even lock a choice which the system could not rewrite and make exceptions in recruiting.

-people that arrive late if you set jobs for example and you get there 2 min before start you can tell a ranker but automated ranking will not know or too late

I already said, that the system is working from the beginning of the attach until the fight starts. So it does not matter if you are there with an hour before or 1 second, the system will rank perfectly.

-it might take away the point of coming online for a fortfight

Why do you say that? I didn't say something like that. If you are offline, the system won't rank you. If the general will choose you as a player who does not come online, than you won't be ranked. I already said you cannot really abuse the use of this system.

-what if your 3k hp and the minimum is set on 4k you wont get a rank and the lower ranks will become a random draw this is not encouraging either

You can set onliners to have priority, so this way it does not matter so much your HP. You would've had to read it more carefully.

it will be more of a random draw and thats the whole point of ranking to prevent that you can start a fight without ranking anyone and you randomly get players

It won't be random, it will be perfect and without mistakes, simple, efficient and fast. This is the goal, not ruining the existing system.

ranking is work but not hard work it doesnt take a lot of effort either this encourages rankers to let a computer do the ranking and thats no good in my opinion

Through a long period it isn't easy, either. I already said a hundred times that you can use manual or automated ranking, if you or the player prefer. But you can mix it and rank perfectly by the given criterias and the past experiences with the players.

the strategy button is a genius idea though

It would be really helpful, yes, I hope some words would get to INNO and give them ideas.

Good luck!

DeletedUser30224

The voting process for this idea has ended. Approval rating is smaller than the minimum of 80%

This proposal has been rejected.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.