Decrease in Items FOund since latest patch

DeletedUser6359

Just curious if anyone else has experienced significant decreases in the items they've found since the new patch went in. As a good example I did 8 hours each, beginning with 100 motivation, of selling guns to Indians and Trading with Indians (16 hours of work) and did not geta single item drop. Normally when I do an 8 hour stretch I can count on finding at least one item, even if it's something I've already found. Bare in mind I have all the premiums and ana adventurer character build so my chances should be realatively high comparatively. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this...

I've also found this to be the case on both worlds 3 and 5 with otehr jobs as well such as Evangelizing.

One Armed Ninja

Heh, before the patch I went for about 30hours treasure hunting beofre finding an item other than one aztec gold i managed to get.
And yes I am an adventurer with bonuses on that world

DeletedUser363

Well , I am doing treasure hunt on W5 after the patch, and the only item I found is an aztec gold (I am an adventurer also). I must say I am dissapointed in that job. Maybe this

DeletedUser

You guys need to figure the chance of getting an item drop in a 2 hour period is pretty low ... I'd guess somewhere in the 10-15% range.

So if you did 8x2 hour shifts you might not have 1 item.

The Motivation change regarding finding items from the v1.16 patch is very minimal when you figure you're only reducing the chance of finding an item by 6 or 11% from its base number if you do 2x2 hour shifts starting at 100% Motivation.

If someone ran a log of say 1000x 2 hour shifts all ending at 94% Motivation then you'd have a pretty good idea of the base rate.

Now if you're one of those guys who dropped Motivation down to single digits on high Luck jobs ... well it's time to do more jobs ...

DeletedUser6359

I'm just basing my observations on personal experience. I've been doing high luck jobs for a while now...Trading with Indians, Proson Guard, Transporting Ammo, Selling GUns to Indians, Evangelizing...and I've always had good luck finding an item in 8 hours of work. With the new patch 8 hours is my limit before I move onto another job. I fully admit my experience might not be normal though. Might be I've been spoiled. :)

DeletedUser

You're getting ~1% less items now if you do 2x2 hour shifts starting at 100% Motivation.

ps It is guaranteed that someone will post they got 3 items in a row today.

DeletedUser6359

LOL...like I said...I mighta been blessed with really good luck. *shrugs* I've seen some pretty ubeleiveable crap. GOt 4 bars of silver from one, 2 hour job assignment once. I got 3 Grizzly bear heads from one, 2 hour assignment as well. I've had more Huckleberry SLingshots and Figero's Razors thatn I care to think about. Selling Guns to Indians has been my biggest diaappointment thus far. I've managed to get TWO fancy bow ties...what are the odds of getting somethign nice and having stinkin' repeats...though the resale on that item made it worth the loss of somethign else that mighta been more useful.

DeletedUser

what i don't care about is the fact that your LP in the job doesn't seem to affect the luck chance
i been finding items as often now with a LP of 60 plus as i was when i was LP 7
yeah yeah i know its a whine but dang

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6359

Doesn't affect the chance but I honestly beleive it affets the quality of what you find.

DeletedUser

You're getting ~1% less items now if you do 2x2 hour shifts starting at 100% Motivation.

hehe yep it like when somebody still hasn't found the union flag in 30 levels yet and then another guy says hehe i found 3 by level 15

drag that guy around back and place the flag pole in its proper place

DeletedUser

Doesn't affect the chance but I honestly beleive it (Labor points) affets the quality of what you find.

Labor points does not effect the value of the item you can find -

(Allegedly) only Motivation effects the value of an item you'd find. I say allegedly cause I've seen some proof to the contrary that dropping Motivation down very low (sub 20%) does not seem to reduce the value of an item found...

DeletedUser

:D

I got 2 then nothing than another one in an 8 hour run on transporting ammo yesterday ,that was starting at 100%

DeletedUser

I havent noticed a down turn in either quality of drops or the quantity