Dear mad alice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

MadAlice Today at 10:06 AM
Hello. I'm the recruiter general for San Jose. Our town has currently expanded into more than one town, and we are also growing in another special way. You are receiving this message because you have been selected to join our network.

You will always have the option of joining our group of towns, but there is something else I would like to invite you to participate in.

Should you choose to join our town group, we would like you to participate in a new network of spies that we have created. These spies use an external forum to bring our duelers information on the cash of that town. They also post important information about the town, and participate in a secret program to take over other towns to add to our empire.

If you are interested in joining our group and becoming a spy, or simply leaving and joining our town. Please do not hesitate to contact me.

Also remember, that everything is kept confidential. No one will ever be able to see you posting on the forum other than our spy managers, so you don't have to fear anyone ever finding out.

--Alice

Could you please stop trying to recruit my members? Its a rather bad form. And to expect them to spy on my town for your duelers... Well that's just low class now isn't it? I'm sure you have tired to turn people in all the towns... At least now all the town owners will know about your campaign.

In old west terms, You sir/madam are a yellow bellied snake. Crawl away home fore I sick my dog on you.

DeletedUser

No. I want everyone to know. I would also like to get someone to infiltrate their group of spies. So that we can start booting this den of snakes out of our towns. There is place room for this kind of backstabbing. Oh I'm sure this will bring a world of hurt down on my head, but hopefully this will trouble the other town leaders, and they will respond in kind.

DeletedUser

In world 4 someone stole a town, here this is happening. And all of this just adds to the game, to the idea of the wild west.

DeletedUser

I'd hardly say a "spy" is a staple of the ways in the old west. I say well done to Idaian for calling Mad Alice out on this.

DeletedUser

In world 4 someone stole a town, here this is happening. And all of this just adds to the game, to the idea of the wild west.

I'd say in the west unless you were a no good varmint, you'd be a aghast at this. This is definitely a black hat move. Most men had the honor to not associate themselves with such scum.

DeletedUser

Sun Tzu - The Art of War

XIII. THE USE OF SPIES

1. Sun Tzu said: Raising a host of a hundred thousand
men and marching them great distances entails heavy loss
on the people and a drain on the resources of the State.
The daily expenditure will amount to a thousand ounces
of silver. There will be commotion at home and abroad,
and men will drop down exhausted on the highways.
As many as seven hundred thousand families will be impeded
in their labor.

2. Hostile armies may face each other for years,
striving for the victory which is decided in a single day.
This being so, to remain in ignorance of the enemy's
condition simply because one grudges the outlay of a hundred
ounces of silver in honors and emoluments, is the height
of inhumanity.

3. One who acts thus is no leader of men, no present
help to his sovereign, no master of victory.

4. Thus, what enables the wise sovereign and the good
general to strike and conquer, and achieve things beyond
the reach of ordinary men, is foreknowledge.

5. Now this foreknowledge cannot be elicited from spirits;
it cannot be obtained inductively from experience,
nor by any deductive calculation.

6. Knowledge of the enemy's dispositions can only
be obtained from other men.

7. Hence the use of spies, of whom there are five classes:
(1) Local spies; (2) inward spies; (3) converted spies;
(4) doomed spies; (5) surviving spies.

8. When these five kinds of spy are all at work,
none can discover the secret system. This is called "divine
manipulation of the threads." It is the sovereign's
most precious faculty.

9. Having local spies means employing the services
of the inhabitants of a district.

10. Having inward spies, making use of officials
of the enemy.

11. Having converted spies, getting hold of the enemy's
spies and using them for our own purposes.

12. Having doomed spies, doing certain things openly
for purposes of deception, and allowing our spies to know
of them and report them to the enemy.

13. Surviving spies, finally, are those who bring
back news from the enemy's camp.

14. Hence it is that which none in the whole army are
more intimate relations to be maintained than with spies.
None should be more liberally rewarded. In no other
business should greater secrecy be preserved.

15. Spies cannot be usefully employed without a certain
intuitive sagacity.

16. They cannot be properly managed without benevolence
and straightforwardness.

17. Without subtle ingenuity of mind, one cannot make
certain of the truth of their reports.

18. Be subtle! be subtle! and use your spies for every
kind of business.

19. If a secret piece of news is divulged by a spy
before the time is ripe, he must be put to death together
with the man to whom the secret was told.

20. Whether the object be to crush an army, to storm
a city, or to assassinate an individual, it is always
necessary to begin by finding out the names of the attendants,
the aides-de-camp, and door-keepers and sentries of the general
in command. Our spies must be commissioned to ascertain these.

21. The enemy's spies who have come to spy on us
must be sought out, tempted with bribes, led away and
comfortably housed. Thus they will become converted
spies and available for our service.

22. It is through the information brought by the
converted spy that we are able to acquire and employ
local and inward spies.

23. It is owing to his information, again, that we can
cause the doomed spy to carry false tidings to the enemy.

24. Lastly, it is by his information that the surviving
spy can be used on appointed occasions.

25. The end and aim of spying in all its five varieties
is knowledge of the enemy; and this knowledge can only
be derived, in the first instance, from the converted spy.
Hence it is essential that the converted spy be treated
with the utmost liberality.

26. Of old, the rise of the Yin dynasty was due to I
Chih who had served under the Hsia. Likewise, the rise
of the Chou dynasty was due to Lu Ya who had served
under the Yin.

27. Hence it is only the enlightened ruler and the
wise general who will use the highest intelligence of
the army for purposes of spying and thereby they achieve
great results. Spies are a most important element in water,
because on them depends an army's ability to move.

DeletedUser

You know I bet those shape shifting lizard men use spies as well alice.

Personally, (And I'm sure it's not just my view) You should be able to trust your town mates. You may not place value on trust, honor, and convictions. But I'm pretty sure that others in this game do. Putting the light of day on your conspiracy to get an advantage over the rest of us thru betrayal will hopefully unite the rest of towns against your low down underhanded comeings and goings.

Preach sun tzu all you want, I'd rather not backstab my freinds.

DeletedUser

Let's not forget who built the railroads.

Was it brigands in black hats? Relying on their spy network to cause others to turn against the people they had been working with?

Or was it the evil alien reptilian shape shifting overlords? You made yourself one big conspiracy to be believing in all that stuff. Course what do you care? Your spies are expendable are they not?

DeletedUser

kroesus has admitted to being just as honor less as Mad Alice.

It is a game and the point is to win SIR. LOL BTW I help[ to authorize this action. You never know we may already have at least 1 in your ranks.

DeletedUser

D00d Sun Tzu can do a roundhouse kick faster than the speed of light. That means if you turn on a light switch, you'll be dead before the lightbulb turns on.

That also means that according to Einstein's law of relativity, Sun Tzu can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday.:huh:

Sun Tzu can slam a revolving door.

And finally don't forget, that while it takes 14 puppeteers to make Sun Tzu smile, it only takes 2 to make him destroy an orphanage.

" 14. Hence it is that which none in the whole army are
business should greater secrecy be preserved."

DeletedUser

D00d Sun Tzu can do a roundhouse kick faster than the speed of light. That means if you turn on a light switch, you'll be dead before the lightbulb turns on.

That also means that according to Einstein's law of relativity, Sun Tzu can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday.:huh:

Sun Tzu can slam a revolving door.

And finally don't forget, that while it takes 14 puppeteers to make Sun Tzu smile, it only takes 2 to make him destroy an orphanage.

" 14. Hence it is that which none in the whole army are
business should greater secrecy be preserved."

Oh yes treat those spies well...
If a secret piece of news is divulged by a spy
before the time is ripe, he must be put to death together
with the man to whom the secret was told.

And then throw them away.

DeletedUser

Fortunately this is a game. Not everything directly applies.

Of course next time you're leading an army of fifty thousand men against the armies of Sun Quan, go ahead and risk the entire campaign by allowing them to live. 2 Lives are an easy sacrifice for the success of a war.

DeletedUser

Fortunately this is a game. Not everything directly applies.

Of course next time you're leading an army of fifty thousand men against the armies of Sun Quan, go ahead and risk the entire campaign by allowing them to live. 2 Lives are an easy sacrifice for the success of a war.

Have fun with your den of snakes. Now the world knows how vapid your sense of sportsmanship is.

DeletedUser

I don't like this. I don't like the idea of spies, infiltrating peoples carefully constructed communities with the sole object of destroying them. It's cowardly, underhanded, and generally not very nice.

HOWEVER!!! It adds a new dimension to a game that in my opinion desperately needs something new to keep people interested. The game is lacking in depth, simply level up, build a store no-one will use, level up, build a bigger bank, level up. What MadAlice is doing is not against the rules, and in the Wild West someone's got to be the bad guy. It's not the path I'd choose, but I feel that it lends the game a little bit of frontier authenticity, and it adds another layer of strategy.

I say well done MadAlice for creating a niche for yourself, and to everyone else, it happened in the olden days, so we should be prepared for it in a simulation of the olden days.

DeletedUser

It's a nice little nasty trick. I'll give you that. Too much gaming for you apparently though.

But then, I wonder how much it's helped your little empire, since it seems too much work to maintail all your spies loyal.

But then again, you could've asked ME!!! What, I'm not even worth trying? Although, you should've asked nicer.

"You are receiving this message because you have been selected to join our network." <- What the hell? Not a good way to do it, dumbass. I'm one of the money makers in Ldaian's town. Why don't you come get me then, if of course, I'm worth it.

Dumbasses.

p.s. Just read your in-game profile, MadAlice. I'd say you need to ease off your internet a little bit. A professional help could be considered, too, cause I think you're nuts.

And stop quoting other people's Chuck Norris' jokes.

Dumbass.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I was contacted by her too, tried to recruit. Seemed to be a nice woman at that time.
And the recruiting + spying is a completely normal thing...)

Status
Not open for further replies.