Deafeating the ice cold Mr. Brown.

DeletedUser

I tried searching for this but it kept telling me that all of the words I used were too short to be searched for.

So, any tips? He's pwning my face.

DeletedUser

*Bump* Just got KO'd in two rounds vs this man. Didn't even get to hit him.
Anyone got any tips?

DeletedUser

I defeated him on the second try. I'm a builder (not pure, I have a few points in other skills), used the feather hat, yellow checkered shirt, pilgrim shoes, bone necklace and crowbar. Looked where Mr Brown aims, and dodged accordingly.

DeletedUser

As a pure builder who has not even the skill points to do the Wappee grandfather quests for respecing... What are my options? Start leveling to get skills into dueling?

BTW KOed in 4 rounds.

DeletedUser

Hint on weststats:
You will only be able to accept one of these two quests. They will both appear at different times.

When do they appear?

DeletedUser

it just says at different times, not at exactly what time

the sheriff gives u the quest. what does that say?

DeletedUser

does the ice cold mr brown appear as soon as u complete the challenges before?

DeletedUser

they just talk about mr brown etc but was just wondering whether I should keep checking at a certain time, its alright I'll see soon :)

DeletedUser

there is no indication as to which Mr. Brown u r about to duel when it actually appears, is there?

DeletedUser

I haven't finished the fort job yet ,-) I just like to know a little ahead. Never done it before :) I'll just play it by ear.

DeletedUser

found out now :p to answer my question for others.... he doesnt appear Automatically.....u don't have to actually DO anything but read the quest info and all is explained.

Rip

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Drunk vs Sober is determined by what time you visit the questgiver and is explained in the in game instructions.

After accepting the quest you'll only be able to duel him during the same time of day each day (2h window)

If you go for the Sober one he is very very tough to beat as a pure builder. It appears he uses a ranged weapon (i.e. you need high reflexes to minimize the damages -- I couldn't beat him until I was able to equip a conquistador's sword) He has very high aim so he'll hit you a lot no matter what way you dodge until you equip a lot of dodging equipment.