Dead Server Consolidation?

CoffeeMan

Dear Dev team,

There are quite a few worlds with active players (Paying players) who are in dead worlds.

What is going to be done to get these folks (myself included) into an active world?

Opening a new world for me to start fresh and pay more money is not a resolution.

I plan on only spending in my current world, if the world becomes more active.

If my world becomes more dead than it currently is, me and my money will find something else to play.

Signed,

Every paying, long standing customer

bwdk900

A very good idea!

Plus there should be implemented some new entertaining tasks for high level players like Fort Championships, new quest lines, new daily activities etc. I would also like to see improved map with some more stuff that moves/animate so it keeps being interesting, not just a picture. If the server is dead even low level players barely can have fun and eventually leave.

Hope this year The West stuff will propose some changes that players postulate. Otherwise me and my colleagues will switch the games.

Al35ul

All worlds are monitored and migrations will open when player activity ''drastically'' drops. We find out about possible migrations routes around the same time as they are announced, thus, when there will be some, both you (the players) and us (the West team) will find out at the same time. :)

Alduin

Dont migrate people that has extra ap/sp with nuggets on servers such as colorado where you cant buy any. Pretty sure few jumped on action on colorado with extras.

asdf124

Dont migrate people that has extra ap/sp with nuggets on servers such as colorado where you cant buy any. Pretty sure few jumped on action on colorado with extras.
That argument is silly, cause due to how many years most veterans wouldn't care if you bought sp/ap's. Do you even know how costly it is to buy ap's/sp's? For old worlds like arizona, maybe they'll have more skill points etc but not cause people bought em. Specially since most of the worlds that migrated to colorado didn't have the buy feature.

panos-the-best

All worlds are monitored and migrations will open when player activity ''drastically'' drops. We find out about possible migrations routes around the same time as they are announced, thus, when there will be some, both you (the players) and us (the West team) will find out at the same time. :)

Maybe they should change their standards... I mean, i play in Juarez and the world is only 2 years old, yet it has become pretty dead in forts, duel activity and market.... I can't imagine older worlds apart from Colorado (or maybe Arizona?), how they are...
Even financially, in a no active world, are people going to spend the amount of money they would spend in an active one?
I think the result of not opening migration routes in time, is just leading to people being less active and when the migration finally comes, maybe it is too late to bring those people back.
The example of Colorado that more players even if it is an almost 10 years old server, still create new characters indicates that players like to interact with other players. Maybe Inno has forgotten that in those kind of games, players are both costumers and products, and the better the product is (active players-worlds), the more costumers spend.

Now, which world should migrate to which world,how it will be more balanced etc is an entirely different talk, which is to be done only if Inno decides to actually open migration routes. When every year better and better sets are introduced, I dont think that a 10 year old character has a tremendous advantage over a 3-4 year old character.

Anyway, in my opinion, the later migration routes open, the more people will have already quitted, so Inno should reconsider things about migration.

Sorry guys if it was too big to read.

Pankreas PorFavor

No, but i can ask you similar question :D Do you even know how costly buying nuggets from turkey ?

"Buy skill points allows you to purchase skill or attributes points for a base cost of 18 nuggets per skill point and 54 nuggets per attribute point. Every time you purchase a point the price for the next point increases by 18 for a skill point and 54 for an attribute point."
18+36+54+72......
80 eur = 4000 nuggets = 20 skill points and you still have a few nuggets left
for 100 euros you can buy 4850 nuggets = 22 skill points
23rd skill point will cost you 414 nuggets, 24th will be 432 etc.

If you choose to buy attribute points, 80 euros will buy you 11 APs. 12th AP will cost 648 nuggets, 13th 702, etc. (btw 20 EUR = 850 nuggets)
You can do the rest of the math, I'm sure.

to sum things up:
4000 nuggets gives you 20 skill points. with that amount of nuggets you can get a decent number of additional turns during events.
upgrading a coat or pants to level 1 usually gives 25-30 SPs and 2-3 APs.

my oldest character collected 248 APs and 754 SPs since I started playing. depending on the gear I wear, I have more than 520 APs and 6300 SPs. anyone buying SP/APs with nuggets would have to spend thousands of euros to make any relevant advantage this way, they'd better spend that on tombolas. but if they actually decide to buy SP/APs, we better say "thanks for keeping the servers running" than "you're not welcome here".
SP/AP purchase makes no real difference, IMO.

Anyway, in my opinion, the later migration routes open, the more people will have already quitted, so Inno should reconsider things about migration.

exactly. it's common sense! "we will enable migration when we lose enough players" is just another example of Inno damaging this game.

Alduin

"thanks for keeping the servers running" than "you're not welcome here".

I mean, partly agree with your opinion but theres plenty sets to buy with gold or events like DOTD only favoring people who pays. No need to add Summer Spirits sale is common. Imo if they really need money they would create new content rather than reselling stuff like Summer Spirits etc.

Pankreas PorFavor

I mean, partly agree with your opinion but theres plenty sets to buy with gold or events like DOTD only favoring people who pays. No need to add Summer Spirits sale is common. Imo if they really need money they would create new content rather than reselling stuff like Summer Spirits etc.

I was referring to buying SPs and APs and how some people think this is a big deal and players in Colorado would be at a disadvantage if players from other worlds would be allowed to migrate. in my opinion this is irrelevant. I said nothing about the sales and events because this is the same in all worlds.
I believe players in Colorado should be happy if migration routes to their world would open.

Alduin

Yev, i personally not happy. Partly, some parts im not happy some parts im happy. Like extra 4-5 player for FF is better than nothing. Part that im not happy is amount of people came with fat inventory that accumulated over years and getting their union alongside with them. I used to be competitive on FFs, was hitting 35-40k on level 120-130, than cortina came now i hit 15-20k while our new union buddies still doing fine. That makes me ask, why i have to pay to be competitive? Its not for this game, theres several games does this godly level inno would be raindrop if compared. I know that they being company and have workers to feed, taxes to pay etc but why making games pay to win instead of pay to progress easyly ? I really got bored to sit on lowest level of pyramid scheme because i dont want to pay or because i cant afford buying any content.

2014 Thank you for calling inno. Your call is very important to use. Please hold while we assist other games.
2015 Thank you for calling inno. Your call is very important to use. Please hold while we assist other games.
2016 Thank you for calling inno. Your call is very important to use. Please hold while we assist other games.
2017 Thank you for calling inno. Your call is very important to use. Please hold while we assist other games.
2018 Thank you for calling inno. Your call is very important to use. Please hold while we assist other games.
2019 Thank you for calling inno. Your call is very important to use. Please hold while we assist other games.
2020 Thank you for calling inno. Your call is very important to use. Please hold while we assist other games.
June 2021 Hi, this is Hr Nyborg, let me change some things, I will .... <cutsoff>
July 2021 Thank you for calling inno. Your call is very important to use. Please hold while we assist other games.
Aug 2021 Thank you for calling inno. Your call is very important to use. Please hold while we assist other games.
Sep 2021 Thank you for calling inno. Your call is very important to use. Please hold while we assist other games.
Oct 2021 Thank you for calling inno. Your call is very important to use. Please join our world that will be basically inactive next year when the new one opens.
Nov 2021 Thank you for calling inno. Your call is very important to use. Please hold while we assist other games.

RaiderTr

Yea same generic answer of last 4 years.

Thanks for nothing, I guess.

They could avoid "drastic drops" by consolidating the servers. This will keep the customers engaged. This game was great when the servers were much more full and the social aspect was one of the best and unintentional features. I'd rather be on a world with 4000 chars than 400. However, I'm also not interested in joining a new world and rebuilding from nothing.

Inno - stop being reactive and start being proactive.

The current state sucks. Roll the dice, consolidate the worlds, it really can't get that much worse.

Inno really missed the opportunity last year. People were stuck at home, and the ones that had stopped playing but came back to check out the game returned to dead worlds.

Thanatoss

Just stop crying about migrations. If pvp was playable i would enjoy playing on as many worlds as possible (and also if didnt have so many events that need multis to win set)

CoffeeMan

With all due respect, I find it hard to believe that as the Developer, you don't have an active board telling you how many people are in a server at any given time or what their high and lows are.

Surely you have a system in place that indicates player activity per server.

If you don't that's even more alarming.

Kidd Kalypso

I have been preaching consolidation for years to mostly deaf ears. Innoits as a rule only believe in releasing one new world per year in the 3rd/4th quarter for the cash grab. Has been that way since I have been here anyway.
Migrations, or a consolidation to one world to make a real world that we all used to have in the v.1? Sadly a pipe dream. Something to hope for though, just like this big project the fat chick promised :p

As always, ymmv.