Dead Server Consolidation?

Malnaborg

With all due respect, I find it hard to believe that as the Developer, you don't have an active board telling you how many people are in a server at any given time or what their high and lows are.

Surely you have a system in place that indicates player activity per server.

If you don't that's even more alarming.

First of. I love how i still can be mentioned on this forum :-D
But as a statistik, we do have a page in the tools, where we can see active players and full list of players on a given world.
I thing i have mentioned this before. BUT if that (small) active player amount still uses money enough to have the world going, i guess that is enough for Innogames to keep the world spinning / open new ones without closing old ones.

So to ask for lower activity, before a world would be closed / migrated is in my view funny. Because you ask the active players to stop playing, so they can move to another active world. So maybe we should all go on vacation mode for the rest of the year, and then see what the Innogames people would do with that :-D

asdf124

With all due respect, I find it hard to believe that as the Developer, you don't have an active board telling you how many people are in a server at any given time or what their high and lows are.

Surely you have a system in place that indicates player activity per server.

If you don't that's even more alarming.
Guess for players the system in place is valentines/DOTD events, surely you can't use that to determine how active a world is huh?

So let say an average of players vs flowers/hearts produced overall would be a fair system. Deducing that a newer world would be more inactive if x y z.

CoffeeMan

New World - A game that is 1-month old, is going to be doing server merges to make sure their worlds are actively populated.

There is no excuse other than greed for not wanting to make sure that your current player base feels enjoyment when they play your game.

Beefmeister

The West is in kind of a delicate situation though, it's definitely not similar to New World.
I'm not sure, but I assume 50% of the population on the west servers are the same players (number might be bigger). Under different names or not, I don't know. A big amount of the other accounts are multis.
Some of them play on all the worlds.
Let's say one of those solutions would be to merge 3 servers at the same time. You'd lose at least 1 account.

Even Colorado got to the point where you can't fill a medium anymore. Since the pandemic started, it had a surge in players (don't quote me on that)...but it's definitely obvious that it lost at least 25% of the player base since then.

The Las Vegas world, as a new one, has the worst numbers in more than 5 years. I don't see any solution at all going forward.
It's just gonna die eventually - the game. And honestly, it's good that it dies. With the current management...it's exactly what is supposed to happen.

And we...as a community, honestly, there's absolutely nothing we can do. There was no coincidence that the forum was simply revived when @Malnaborg started to listen to suggestions.

Last edited:

CoffeeMan

The West is in kind of a delicate situation though, it's definitely not similar to New World.
I'm not sure, but I assume 50% of the population on these servers are the same players (number might be bigger). Under different names or not, I don't know. A big amount of the other accounts are multis.
Some of them play on all the worlds.
Let's say one of those solutions would be to merge 3 servers at the same time. You'd lose at least 1 account.

Valid point here, one that would need to be massaged, but still has viable options to avoid people having multiple characters on a single merged world.

Vegas for example should have been a "Merge to" world, where folks could opt into a merge over, allowing them to pick a character/server they want to move from.

Either way, I'm glad I stopped spending in this game, they got me for a few hundred, but it could have easily been much worse. Luckily I caught on before hand.