Feedback Day of the Dead 2021

Tsunami2016

IMO this event is good for new worlds, but again this year 0 sets for 90% of players on old worlds.
So on Xmas bags from 2020 should be worth more than in 2021 because there are much better sets.

I am really disappointed for this year with sets. Statistics are really bad - 22 released sets only 3 good for someone but me.

This events are now like presents for xmas when You were bad, got nothing or punch in the face.

Darkuletzz

IMO this event is good for new worlds, but again this year 0 sets for 90% of players on old worlds.
So on Xmas bags from 2020 should be worth more than in 2021 because there are much better sets.

I am really disappointed for this year with sets. Statistics are really bad - 22 released sets only 3 good for someone but me.

This events are now like presents for xmas when You were bad, got nothing or punch in the face.
Well. The only sets good this year are behan and Josephine, 1 of them can not be obtain.
I checked vaquero and jaguar. The only dif its The dodging. The rest its pretty identica. Like plus 20 aiming vaquero and some 60 shoting to vaquero.
And 50 apperance to jaguar and like 200 more dodging. Anyway The same outcome.
Josephine Will beat The crap out of this set day în and day out.

SB.access

Ok, so which one of these sets are available to get for non-nugget players?
been missing DotD event the previous years, so can't recall any experience doing this one.

CLAsSiCo

The West Team
Forum moderator
It does not - it did have it at some point but it got changed to Leadership.

Hi Al35ul
According to this : https://tw-calc.net/sets/dod_2021_set_8 , this set has some appearance point that is meaningless for a damagers Fort fight clothes set .
if it change to leadership then it will be useful.
Apart from all this, everyone expects a set that is not at least weaker than the old sets such as Phoebe and Joaquin in the Day of the dead event .
if inno don't want to upgarde Ron and make it better than what it already is then it's not worth for players to spend nugget to upgrade it ,at least release Union officer in Las vegas.

Last edited:

Al35ul

The west calc is not an official site, thus it is not always accurate and/or updated regularly.

Harriet Oleson

If you didn't use it last year, you should be able to use it now. At least that was true for the big flower pot I believe and the other ones. Like untouched at all from the moment you got it.
Yes it's untouched, I still have it in my inventory (when we use it even once, it disapears after a certain amount of days -something like 30 days after first use- even if we don't use it every day).
If I can use it for this event, that means I'll be able to use it from the beginning without waiting to win 20k flowers to unlock the new pot. But that's the new pot that I shouldn't be able to use in that case, according to what Al35ul wrote.
Ok, so which one of these sets are available to get for non-nugget players?
been missing DotD event the previous years, so can't recall any experience doing this one.
From what I understand of the presentation topic, Frida's set should be available entirely with flowers; the 2 others I'm not entirely sure how to get them. I suppose they'll be part of the prizes in the card game, but for Ron's set for example, there will be a questline "Ron's visit", so I don't know if there won't be any parts of the set in quest rewards for example.
If prizes at the card game, theoritically everything is obtainable for free, but the winning chances aren't so good ( (2/3)^5 = ~13% chances to reach stage 5), and the only way to play more per day or to "defeat death", it's to use nuggets. So in practice, surely not possible to win the 2 full sets without using nuggets.

SB.access

From what I understand of the presentation topic, Frida's set should be available entirely with flowers; the 2 others I'm not entirely sure how to get them. I suppose they'll be part of the prizes in the card game, but for Ron's set for example, there will be a questline "Ron's visit", so I don't know if there won't be any parts of the set in quest rewards for example.
If prizes at the card game, theoritically everything is obtainable for free, but the winning chances aren't so good ( (2/3)^5 = ~13% chances to reach stage 5), and the only way to play more per day or to "defeat death", it's to use nuggets. So in practice, surely not possible to win the 2 full sets without using nuggets.
I see.
And in Ron's quest, https://wiki.the-west.net/wiki/Ron's_visit , looks like there is a final reward where you choose either of the 3, and 2 of them is a set chest idk what set La Catrina or Mariachi is. :-D from set info it's a 2014 dotd set. no Ron stuff there

asdf124

@Harriet Oleson you need 3-4 "friends" to help you with cards or you cant win all full sets without nuggets. Its mathematically impossible to solo win.
You get 2 tries a day, if you do it perfectly and get lucky everytime. You can get it without nuggets. However, you are more likely not to get even 1 set. It isn't mathematically impossible.

Pankreas PorFavor

You get 2 tries a day, if you do it perfectly and get lucky everytime. You can get it without nuggets. However, you are more likely not to get even 1 set. It isn't mathematically impossible.

each set has 11 pieces. event runs for 20 days. if you never bought nuggets, you have only 1 try per day. 22 pieces, 20 free tries.
if you take out one of the duel weapons out of the equation, then a free player would not be allowed to guess wrong even once, and they would need to get a different item every time in order to "complete" both sets by having just a melee or a range weapon.
if that doesn't sound realistic, I don't know what does! :-D:no::lol:

Alduin

Spent 375 nuggets, hoping to get some bonds as well as 1-2 items. Found death 7 times on first try, thank you for such money trap event im glad i cant afford buying nuggets and not feeding this gambling nosense over some pixels.