DAY & NIGHT IN THE WEST!!! :-)

Agfob

Howdy ladies & gents :)

I proposed this 3 or 5 years ago once, but I will try again now :)

The idea is to have:

DAY & NIGHT IN THE WEST! :)

As we all know we have players from all over the world playing this game so its nice that it is always day in the west no matter where or when you log in.

But ....

wouldnt it be more interesting if we had day & night? (we could use Server Time here)
this could effect the west in many ways:

a. jobs
certain jobs could be more/less dangerous at day/night. e.g. hunting pumas at night, maybe not so good. robbing a bank might make more sense.

b. fort battles
the attacking side might have a bonus here as the defenders have a hard time seeing them in the dark.

c. duels
more aim could be needed to to better hit in the dark at night.

d. quests:
your ideas here :) ... / It could of course also be job related, as see a.

e. crafting:
crafting at night might be more or less effective, depending on what you are crafting..

This are just some ideas to get the ball rolling, I am sure some fun could come out of this if we would get DAY & NIGHT in the west :)

much obliged,
Agfob

Last edited:

bosurker

I like the idea a lot, but the list of things I'd like to see before this is worked on is quite a long one. There are so many tweaks, fixes, and additions that we are in desperate need of - and this would really take the back-burner for me.

DeletedUser37529

as for myself, I love the idea, we are on a world wide server, to just pretend that it does not matter would be silly to me, I live on server time anyway..... even though my real life time is central USA...... why you may ask, well , is because in real life I am retired due to personal reasons... and I love the game enough to adjust my life to it a bit when I can. But I see the idea of day and night as a natural thing, most other online games do so now, I play The Last Stand, a zombie game, which does this...... makes the game more real as such to me....... is not an unreasonable idea at all by Agfob, cheers sir....... once again.......

E

Agfob

Saw this earlier , already proposed and rejected.

https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/night.41565/

Not that I'm against it, but we won't see that change unless you make it somehow 'premium' feature :)
I like the idea a lot, but the list of things I'd like to see before this is worked on is quite a long one. There are so many tweaks, fixes, and additions that we are in desperate need of - and this would really take the back-burner for me.

Why was it rejected if only 27% said no? :-O

DeletedUser38681

It's a very good idea and would love to see it on the west soon

DeletedUser36927

Agree, this is a very interesting idea. It may be too complicated perhaps - but would add some realism and new challenges to the game.

WanderingStranger

The biggest problem is that some players are going to be stuck in these negatives or positives. So when they are online and want to duel they could have a negative bonus just for living in a different time zone. It wouldn't be as big of a problem on most servers but we have players, quite literally, all over the world.

DeletedUser38638

It is a good idea - and it has the potential to inject new life into the game.
More realistic and more tactical advantages.
So how can we give it a commercial angle - to make it interesting for the developer to implement?

DeletedUser38790

This a great idea that would provide an additional layer of challenge to the game. Currently, there are a few of the "time of day" quests that can be a pain (based on individual time zone), but they can be accomplished. This is a great idea to add depth and strategy. Thanks

DeletedUser25802

with the jobs and questing, i could understand that items might drop better at night but be more dangerous. as to FFing and Duelling changes for night time? nah i don't like that aspect at all.