damage

• Thread starter DeletedUser11019
  • Start date

DeletedUser11019

this is a DISCUSSION about items that may have been broken scratched or damaged.

not so recently i had a wee person damaged some of my items, they returned it as if nothing was wrong.
clearly the camera was broken,,and the cd's look like some one took them to the beach.
and even more distant was damage to a hard drive, causing a great loss of list and addresses of a great many world renown doctors veterinarians and other good natured people, who once a year get together.
the result from that is actually animal like behaviour, and even more surprising is that nobody got the story correct and shoved blame around on one another,,causing distrust and even a pack of lies...trying to hide the true facts.

question,
why is it that when people damage your things, they think a funny smirk and a slap in the face is actually going to make up for it, or replaice the product, even when confronted with detailed lists and repairs they still insist that they are in the right,,,when most of past and future actions conclude guilt and even added insult.

why is it that when you lend out things, they always seem to have gone through a battle when you get them back?

what is the correct response?
1. run em over with a car.
2. seek legal advice.
3. seek revenge in other darker allies then the person who did the damage.
4. contact them, and inform of the problem
5. seek police and get a case number and start an investigation.
6. crawl away and sob like some while the bullies run rampant on a new target or play thing.
7. make sure listing of the company as a bad one(registered multiple offensive)
8. hand them a copy of all the receipts.
9. buy a brand new copy, and demand the money back.
10. other.

have you ever lent a cd and had it scratched?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My usual response is to ignore it. If a person always returned things broken or damaged, I just wouldn't lend them more items to destroy. When I do lend things to someone, I usually think of it as a gift; if I get it back, that's great but if I don't, it doesn't cause bad feelings between friends/family members.

DeletedUser11019

is actually a good answer.
personally i would do the same.....im an increadibly reasonable man. but when it comes to other people things being broken,,,reason does tend to fly out the window...

but what if that item was not even yours? and some one broke it?
where does the responsibility go? and what would be the correct approach?
seeing as now the fight is not yours , but on the behalf of some one else.
or
say a rather new mining program worth 1.7 million dollars was lost due to some one giving out an IP address. (1.7 million as in per day)
it cost that much, because you cannot suddenly stop a mine, just to train personnel, they use simulators, really brilliant ones with a 3 dimensional scope screen,,,everything down to a grain of sand must be calculated on these programs,,to give them the correct idea and feel if being truly underground,,the same simulators that are made for tanks.
but due to a child like manor and even insulting service record and lets not mention help desk and team,,,,resulted in loss of pay, no pay for one months of workers, some contracts being delayed,,and it does harm stock markit,,and even company shareholders......

say, if some one stored info on your computer about a small company they wanted to make, and some how those files were wiped....now no company and no way of getting the address's.

DeletedUser

I guess I have a harder time relating to something like that. If I had a program worth $1.7 million, you can be sure I'd have the information securely backed up, both on and off site. The same is true for information on a company I was planning on starting. The info on mine is saved on 4 separate hard drives, and the most important things are also on disk. The few times someone has stored anything of importance on one of my computers, I saved it on both the C and D drives on a computer that I never use online. If all of those precautions didn't prevent a catastrophe, I'd just tell myself that it wasn't meant to be and move on.

DeletedUser11019

true,
things like your own company do take time and effort, and people do make mistakes,, but an slap in the face is something that is really in bad taste .

i would not worry too much about it, worst case cenario is that your cuaght out in a lie, or get involved in a situation thats not entirely your to start with.
just that the fact that there are people who really do not care for what is your or even respect your property,,making others like your self having to bend over backwards just to protect and defend what is yours.....and what if you skipped a back up date? and the power cuts while in a email letter?