Not a bug Damage from "Serving in the Army"

DeletedUser38299

I was doing the job "Serving in the Army" and took 1498 damage twice in a a row (46% of my max hp each time). With work clothes on it shows 17% damage. Naked it shows 35% damage.

I should have had a 17% chance to take 17% damage. I received 46% damage 2 out of 2 times.

Is this a bug or am I missing something here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34295

I don't think the risk of you taking damage (the one showed in work window) is directly proportional to the amount of damage you can get. At least that's not how I've experienced it. But I'm not sure how the damage is calculated.

DeletedUser38299

Window shows: DANGER 17%. The danger shows how likely it is to get hurt and how much you can get hurt doing a job.

Either that window is inaccurate in words or something is bugged..

DeletedUser37191

purps, the text is wrong, and that number is just the probability of getting hurt.

Unfortunately, the game doesn't tell you the max damage of the job...
For that you should check the tw-db job list: http://tw-db.info/?strana=prace

Weird, I was talking about this yesterday in-game...:blink:

asdf124

purps, the text is wrong, and that number is just the probability of getting hurt.

Unfortunately, the game doesn't tell you the max damage of the job...
For that you should check the tw-db job list: http://tw-db.info/?strana=prace

Weird, I was talking about this yesterday in-game...:blink:

It is also proportional to your current max hp(whichever you have at end of job i.e. When it finishes)

DeletedUser22685

Each job has a number of different potential injury texts, with each one dealing a fixed amount of damage as a percentage of your maximum health. Apparently, according to the link above, TW-DB yet again took the liberty of data mining the game's admin tools to find what those percentages are.

The more labour points you have in a particular job, the lower your chance to receive damage and the lower the damage you'll take each time. However, certain injuries and jobs are still more lethal than others.

DeletedUser38299

OK checked that DB and the % chance to get hit is accurate with the in-game window % ( I was just unlucky). Its the damage done that is wrong on the in-game window. The in-game window shows 17% and states that's the % chance AND % dmg. But by the hits I took and looking at that DB it's only accurate for the chance to get hit. So thank you I will use the DB and not the in-game window in future.

asdf124

OK checked that DB and the % chance to get hit is accurate with the in-game window % ( I was just unlucky). Its the damage done that is wrong on the in-game window. The in-game window shows 17% and states that's the % chance AND % dmg. But by the hits I took and looking at that DB it's only accurate for the chance to get hit. So thank you I will use the DB and not the in-game window in future.

You can figure out how much % damage if you take the taken damage/the max current hp when ended.(if it isn't a program, you can manually data mine which should be legal)

DeletedUser37191

asdf, the problem is that damage isn't always the same % of your hp, but it's "up to" some % of your hp.

You need to do the job many times to estimate the max damage...

Each job has a number of different potential injury texts, with each one dealing a fixed amount of damage as a percentage of your maximum health. Apparently, according to the link above, TW-DB yet again took the liberty of data mining the game's admin tools to find what those percentages are.

The more labour points you have in a particular job, the lower your chance to receive damage and the lower the damage you'll take each time. However, certain injuries and jobs are still more lethal than others.

purps refering to the message when you hover over the danger info:
3a1f67e6ea9d46c18bc76bad04e3ce46.png

That warning is wrong. Perhaps if Inno would tell us the truth more often, that'd reduce the need for outside sources :hmf:.

DeletedUser22685

asdf, the problem is that damage isn't always the same % of your hp, but it's "up to" some % of your hp.

You need to do the job many times to estimate the max damage...

Actually you'll find that each injury (as identified by the injury message in the job report ) will always deal the same amount of damage provided your LP remain the same. If you do a job with 0 LP, you'll take damage according to the base percentage value of that particular injury. This base value then decreases as your LP increase, as does the chance to get hurt. It looks like TW-DB have listed the base percentage values of the most dangerous injuries you can suffer whilst doing each job, ie. the highest percentage of your health that you can lose if you do the job with 0 LP.

So while you would need to do a job a whole bunch of times to be sure that you've found each potential injury text that it offers, you'd only need to receive each one a single time to find out how much damage it'll deal, and then that'll go down with higher LP.

DeletedUser37191

I'm quite sure I didn't change clothes between these two jobs :blink:
3d2635416baa4d90a789d53fa2735f88.png

DeletedUser34295

There's a percentage that isn't fixed, but works on an "up-to" basis. So for example, looking at TW-DB we see that from Picking Agaves, there's a 22% chance of getting hurt, and when you do get hurt you can lose up to 25% of your maximum HP. So you can get anywhere between 0% and 25% of damage. It's not a fixed value that's the same each time :)

DeletedUser37191

There are different levels of damages for each job.

There's a percentage that isn't fixed, but works on an "up-to" basis. So for example, looking at TW-DB we see that from Picking Agaves, there's a 22% chance of getting hurt, and when you do get hurt you can lose up to 25% of your maximum HP. So you can get anywhere between 0% and 25% of damage. It's not a fixed value that's the same each time :)

That's what I believe, but in the previous page futu suggested the opposite:
Actually you'll find that each injury (as identified by the injury message in the job report ) will always deal the same amount of damage provided your LP remain the same. If you do a job with 0 LP, you'll take damage according to the base percentage value of that particular injury. This base value then decreases as your LP increase, as does the chance to get hurt. It looks like TW-DB have listed the base percentage values of the most dangerous injuries you can suffer whilst doing each job, ie. the highest percentage of your health that you can lose if you do the job with 0 LP.

So while you would need to do a job a whole bunch of times to be sure that you've found each potential injury text that it offers, you'd only need to receive each one a single time to find out how much damage it'll deal, and then that'll go down with higher LP.

DeletedUser34295

Oh, I missed that. I guess the base value for each different injury might be fixed (as we see in the images there are two different injuries, based on the messages). What TW-DB is showing is still the maximum injury you can sustain though.

There's also the fact that you can't lose all of your HP (go from full health to 0) in a single job, according to the wiki.

DeletedUser37191

Oh, maybe that's what he means, each specific injury text being linked to a specific injury %.
That still means I'd have to do the job a large number of times until I'm sure I've found all possible injury texts...

DeletedUser34295

I would assume each job has about 2-3 injury texts each, based on how many times they repeat themselves after doing the job many times.

DeletedUser22685

I thought I'd mentioned "different injury texts" enough times to get that point across. I even said something close to these exact sentences:

Oh, maybe that's what he means, each specific injury text being linked to a specific injury %.
That still means I'd have to do the job a large number of times until I'm sure I've found all possible injury texts...

But anyway, that's indeed what I meant. The two screenshot injuries are clearly different; falling into a cactus is apparently more dangerous than collapsing from heatstroke, and probably less common too, though you'd have to test that. TW-DB will still show you the highest percentage of damage you can possibly take in one stint doing each job, though, and like I said, that's with 0 LP so it's generally going to be less.

Like Wondertje said, there usually aren't more than 3 or 4 potential injuries from each job, but some of them are so unlikely to occur that you may never find them. Look at Craft Dynamite, for example. There's one injury that job offers with a damage rating of 99%, but it's extremely rare. The listings on TW-DB - particularly for those type of high difficulty jobs where a super dangerous injury has been thrown in on top of the more common ones just to add to the risk - are definitely worst case scenarios.

EDIT: I'll also be the first to admit that my knowledge of the game hasn't exactly evolved over the last two or so years so there are many things I'm not aware of these days compared to in the past. If the information I'm giving turns out to be wrong I'll gladly accept defeat, but I don't recall any major job system changes recently that would have affected this.

DeletedUser38299

Thank you for all your answers. In conclusion to my post then; INNO needs to change the hover over text (example below) to read "The danger shows you how likely it is to get hurt during a job".
And remove the "and how much you can get hurt". Then we can use that data-base to see the max amount of damage we might take.

3a1f67e6ea9d46c18bc76bad04e3ce46.png