Daily Tasks to include Fort battle

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date

Deleted User - 1278415

OK, I just had an epiphany on this and not a good one either. In fact, I had it in my sleep and it bothered me so much that I had to get it down and hopefully think of a suitable "fix" for the problem (don't you hate it when you dream about a game - something is seriously wrong with me now :razz:)

This feature could be ripe for abuse and here's how:

1. If the daily completion is based on the person getting into the battle then it gives a heavy advantage to the higher level players and cliques (big alliances) who will rank their own friends and allies leaving the newer players, less social players, players outside the alliance and lower level players at a decided disadvantage.

2. If the daily completion is based merely on attending a fort fight (ie: signing up and being at the fort at the beginning of the battle) then it can be abused by the lower level players and players outside an alliance who merely sign up for battles they know they have no chance of getting into (or a small fort battle with about 200 people on site for example) and get the free check mark on their daily tally sheet and move on. They could even sabotage their own chances of getting ranked by wearing a scythe, not-battle clothing and a poor fort fighting weapon or no weapon at all.

If a suitable idea can be presented to prevent abuse, then this is still a great idea that I think should pass (I still believe in this idea anyway, just not sure how to resolve the potential for abuse/misuse).

You bring up a good point with it being possibly abused... but isnt #1 already happening by people getting the attendance bond from just being at the fort.

And as for #2 I think just walking to the fort should be merit to getting a bond... weather it be abuse or not. I spend hours sitting at a fort so I dont get dueled waiting and to get nothing is sometimes a let down. Vs I could have been in an unpopulated area working towards quest/tasks etc.

Im all for making it either 1 fort battle, or 3 duels.

So, either do 3 duels, or 1 fort battle to finish "that" task.

I like this option.

DeletedUser

I like it too, but just to play "Devil's Advocate" here .....

When submitting, just clarify or define what "1 fort battle" actually means but I like your 3 NPC or 1 Fort Battle (attempt) as well. Then it wouldn't have to be a 3 out of 5 either by combining both the NPC Duel with the Fort Fight attendance (and here's the "Devil's Advocate" part ..... but by combining them it still doesn't give the non-duelers another avenue to fulfill their daily quest requirements because the 3 NPC duels are so pathetically easy that they might as well say, "Exchange 15 Energy for 1 bond and 1 of the daily fulfillment requirements too"). On the non-Devil's Advocate side, even the most dueling skilled dueler/FF should be able to craft 3 items, do 3 NPC duels or a fort fight, and 2 regular duels but it's the absolute pure FF build that might have a problem with doing 2 real duels (especially when they're KO'd) or 4 jobs/products depending on the day of the week (So the pure FF build is still likely to not like the 3 NPC duels or 1 FF over the option of separating them into 2 separate requirement categories).

Last edited by a moderator: