Daily Tactics - Getting rid of the telegram spam!

DeletedUser34084

Proposal
Daily Tactics!

Current Workaround
Uhm, getting rid of group telegrams/spam or chat topics?

Details (I'm not that good with Details)

Any Town Founder will be able to set/modify the daily tactics, or if they're too lazy to modify the tactics, they could allow other players (non-town founders) to do it (See image 1)

Okay, enough about ranks, where are we gonna see theese daily tactics? Well, aa new tab will be added to the fort window, a tab where players could easily see what fort they must deffend/attack, and what the tactics are.

I dunno what other details to write so... here's a FAQ:

How are we gonna change the daily tactics? With a simple click! (implying that you have the rights to)

Someone changed the tactics and they're really wrong! What am I supposed to do?
Don't panic! You'll be able to see the changes made (Including who made them).

What if players don't check the daily tactics?
I'm guessing we could have something like the Quest Tracker, that'll open every time you log in (See Image 3)

Abuse Prevention
The only bad thing would be trolls, modifying the tactics and making them look "funny"

Visual Aids
Rights:
[spoil]
3Q4DR.jpg

[/spoil]
The window:

[spoil]
3Q5IY.jpg

[/spoil]

Reminder:
[spoil]
3Q6Ew.jpg

[/spoil]
Summary
I believe it's a good way to get rid of those annoying tactics telegrams we get every day :3
And I dunno, less telegrams could mean less memory used for the game!

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

PS: I did not come up with this idea, I just translated it and made those nice images :3
Original Idea (Got his aproval to post it here)

DeletedUser

awesome idea, though still i guess that info should only show if a fight got a blue line or red line around it(means alliance fight), or if your signed in for a side you get the info

DeletedUser34084

or if your signed in for a side you get the info
Well most people send the telegrams as a heads up, saying that they got a fort to deffend/attack. Geting the informations only when you're signed in for a battle isn't that good.

DeletedUser

Well most people send the telegrams as a heads up, saying that they got a fort to deffend/attack. Geting the informations only when you're signed in for a battle isn't that good.

thats not what i mean, if your attacking or defending a fort, all in alliance get that blue (or red if its your town) line around a fortfight in fortoverview. i am just saying the message should only show for those who have. basically the message only shows to people that got remote sign in, those that have to sign in at the fort to participate will only see it after they signed in.

this is for simple reasons that otherwise any outside alliance could see what your tactics are etc

DeletedUser

thats not what i mean, if your attacking or defending a fort, all in alliance get that blue (or red if its your town) line around a fortfight in fortoverview. i am just saying the message should only show for those who have. basically the message only shows to people that got remote sign in, those that have to sign in at the fort to participate will only see it after they signed in.

this is for simple reasons that otherwise any outside alliance could see what your tactics are etc

Those tactics are only for the members of the alliance, so they can know what battle to join.

If someone who is not a member of the alliance joins one of the battles, he will still can't see the daily tactics.
If a Town Founder adds a battle in which neither the atacking town or the defending one are part of the alliance,the members will see the battle in the daily tactics even if they didn't sing in at the fort.

DeletedUser30224

Good Idea, overly complicated.

I have a suggestion for you though: When people join a battle, at the screen where they need to set their toons and targets, just add the tactic to that screen.

Generals and captains can change tactic. You don't even need to keep a tactic chronicle, just add the name of the player who set the tactic, just like in a chat message.

DeletedUser34084

Good Idea, overly complicated.

I have a suggestion for you though: When people join a battle, at the screen where they need to set their toons and targets, just add the tactic to that screen.

Generals and captains can change tactic. You don't even need to keep a tactic chronicle, just add the name of the player who set the tactic, just like in a chat message.
You're missing the main point of the suggestion. I'm looking to get rid of the telegram spam, what you said, got nothing to do with what I said.

DeletedUser30224

You're missing the main point of the suggestion. I'm looking to get rid of the telegram spam, what you said, got nothing to do with what I said.

What I said has at least 80% to do with what you are proposing. I am sure no-one's sending telegrams to non-alliance members to advertise their battles, and for alliance members you have alliance chat topic.

You titled this thread "Daily Tactics - .." Most of your proposal has to do with Displaying tactics of a battle and only a small part of the proposal has anything to do with advertising battles on the Quest Tracker.

Tell you what, the Quest tracker is for quests, the Notepad is for notes, if you want to add Daily tactics there, it's just going to be ignored, like notepad is ignored. In fact I am sure many of our members have the quest tracker pop-up disabled anyhow to save space on the monitor. So while your attempt is with good intention, your resolve is weak.

Just advertise battles in the Alliance Chat topic, like everyone else. The Battle Topic appending to battle screen is a good idea, I grant you that. However I wouldn't support anything as complex as you are suggesting ... it's not neat, simple and easy.

DeletedUser

Yes, we have the alliance chat, but there's not enough space in topic to describe the orders for all the battles in a day.

This suggestion is not about the tactics (where to stay, put your target or something like this), it's about telling the members of the alliance in what battle to fight.

For example, in a big alliance there are at least 2 or 3 battles in a day, but there are not enough players to fight in all of them, so the leader sends everyone a telegram like this :
DEFENCE
HFO Fort
time: 21:57

Here, because is a small fort, are expected to come only the soliders with HP over 7.5k and other classes with HP over 4.5k

DEFENCE
Just Us
time: 4:17
Here comes anyone else who want to fight in a battle. It would be nice if a tank protects the flag from the beginning.

We won't go in attack at the fort Carciuma

However, the members of the alliance that does not want to join in a battle will receive this message , won't read it and in a few days will have the inbox filled with useless telegrams. This is what we are trying to stop with this suggestion

DeletedUser30224

I agree with mass spamming, it's a bad habbit and doesn't work as the senders want's it to work. I know the feeling of filled inbox after you have been away for a day. I'm also not suggesting to put tactics as well as fort battle advertising on alliance's cat topic, just the battle advertising.

Example:
Alliance topic: DEFEND small XYZ - HIGH HP ONLY then ATTACK big ABC - everyone welcomed
XYZ topic: Start from south, target FLAG
ABC topic: Start from East, target DT

You don't need to send telegrams, that's a bad habit. People think that mass tele's are an answer to low attendance, when in fact that's not quite true.

DeletedUser

I agree with mass spamming, it's a bad habbit and doesn't work as the senders want's it to work. I know the feeling of filled inbox after you have been away for a day. I'm also not suggesting to put tactics as well as fort battle advertising on alliance's cat topic, just the battle advertising.

Example:
Alliance topic: DEFEND small XYZ - HIGH HP ONLY then ATTACK big ABC - everyone welcomed
XYZ topic: Start from south, target FLAG
ABC topic: Start from East, target DT

You don't need to send telegrams, that's a bad habit. People think that mass tele's are an answer to low attendance, when in fact that's not quite true.

You are right, using the alliance's chat topic is a nice idea and a lot of alliances are actually doing that. However, they are still sending telegrams, because a lot of players have made a habit of reading the telegram. Alliance leaders really feel like they did something wrong and apologise if they forgot to send a telegram in one day.

I don't think that "daily tactics" would completely stop alliance leaders from sending telegrams complaining about low attendance, but it would certainly decrease the number of spam telegrams.