Daily Insights

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

The West is an international community, filled with people from all walks of life from all over the world. Many different belief systems are represented here. Many people have much they could share and all could benefit from the diverse opinions that could be expressed.

This thread is a place to put those thoughts and ideas that inspire us. From the Daily Gospel to the musings of ancient philosophers. From the inspired words of army commanders to the unique gems of a child.

I would ask that discussion that happens to flow through the thread be polite. It is perfectly okay to disagree with a statement or an idea. It is not okay to attack the person who posted the idea.

DeletedUser

I'll start with some wisdom from the Irish, since Oisinallen isn't around to give any.

When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to Heaven. So, let's all get drunk and go to heaven.

Don't give cherries to pigs or advice to fools

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat.

DeletedUser

"If I were to come across a rock on the ground, then based on atheistic theories, i would conclude that natural forces put it there, however, if i were to come across a wris****ch, i couldn't come to the same conclusion, such a piece of precision and complex machinery had a designer behind, however, how could a universe which functions with far more precision and complexity of a wris****ch, have been brought together by chance?"

DeletedUser

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."

Whomever knows who said it gets a cookie.

DeletedUser

The same man who said, "every man prefers belief to the exercise of judgment." Seneca the Younger (I was just reading about him not long ago.)

Unless you mean more recently, I believe that was either you or Divest?

DeletedUser

A little wisdom from soemone who never actually existed.

Over, under, around or through. There's always a way.

DeletedUser

The same man who said, "every man prefers belief to the exercise of judgment." Seneca the Younger (I was just reading about him not long ago.)

Unless you mean more recently, I believe that was either you or Divest?

One cookie coming right up, and for the record; I wouldn't dream about taking credit for those words.

Any takers on this next quote?

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction:
jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser;
a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic,
capriciously malevolent bully."

DeletedUser

"When in doubt, empty the magazine."
"When in doubt, call in an airstrike."
"Marines never die; they just go to hell and regroup!"
"The deadliest weapon in the world is a marine and his rifle!"
"Only two kinds of people truly know marines: themselves and the enemy. Everyone else has a secondhand opinion."

Why does everything about soldiers seem so bad-ass yet so depressing?

DeletedUser

I love these, i read them on some guy's profile In-Game:

"Captain! The enemies have tanks!"
"Great! we get to steal their tanks!"

"Captain! we're surrounded!"
"Perfect! We can shoot in any direction!"

"Captain!They have us outnumbered!"
"Splendid! It will be easier to aim!"

"Captain! We're the only ones left."
"Great! Now we get all the glory!"

"Captain! We won!"
"Damn"

DeletedUser

With Betsy's permission, I would continue posting the Daily Gospel in here.. but before that, I would post the permission from RBC . . :nowink:

Dear Nelson,

Thank you so much for contacting us. The moderator is right. All of our content is copyrighted and may not be reproduced in any form, electronic or print, without permission.

After visiting your site, what you are doing by only using the thought for the day from our devotional is fine. I am happy to grant you permission to use it as you currently are. Please understand that you may not use the entire devotional or post that on your site. But using the one sentence thought for the day is OK.

Thank you again for your integrity in contacting us.

Sincerely,
Ed Rock
Rights and Permissions Manager
RBC Ministries
616-974-2671
616-957-5741 fax
erock@rbc.org

So dear brothers and sisters, Gospel as taken from 365 Days with the Lord, and the Food for thought as taken/copied fromOur Daily Bread shall continue.

Have a great day with the Lord's blessing, everyone.. :ph34r:

DeletedUser10480

I'm an atheist.

I fully support the expression of Christian's daily devotionals.

DeletedUser

My previous quote was Dawkins.

As is the following:
" “I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.”"

DeletedUser

well that can't be true, because i am still very interested in the world and want to understand, which is the way God made us, to want to learn. Further studies in the science of the universe helps you grow in appreciation of the wonders of creation.

DeletedUser

Very much true, brother Blondie... as everything in the universe, is a reminder of our Good Lord God Almighty..

24th OF APRIL, 2010

Gospel for today:
John 6:60-69 The Words of Eternal Life

Food for thought:
He who abandons himself to God will never be abandoned by God.

:indian:

DeletedUser

well that can't be true, because i am still very interested in the world and want to understand, which is the way God made us, to want to learn. Further studies in the science of the universe helps you grow in appreciation of the wonders of creation.

Evolution. Big bang. 'nuff said.

DeletedUser

lol, it is in fact true that in a great expulsion of power and energy that the universe was formed.

and that is on topic because i read that in a magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.