Resolved Customized tomahawk and pistol

DeletedUser33947

What is this thing about? I have it but I don`t know what its for

DeletedUser23201

its a free weapon that lvls as you do, so at lvl 1 its does 1-10 damage, at lvl 50 it does 51-60damage etc.. other than that i don't think there is anything special about them, but we'll see

DeletedUser

I'd say is pretty unique and special. Only weapons that keep up with you as you level. There's better weapon choice? Yes. But when you level up, you don't have to hurry up and buy one every step of the way. You can just wait and get the special ones here and there (like Belle's and Hernando's as you do the quests) ;)

DeletedUser

I'd say is pretty unique and special. Only weapons that keep up with you as you level. There's better weapon choice? Yes. But when you level up, you don't have to hurry up and buy one every step of the way. You can just wait and get the special ones here and there (like Belle's and Hernando's as you do the quests) ;)

It's not unique since everyone has one.
Also, continue like this and our poor merchants will soon have to completely close the shops.

DeletedUser22685

It's not unique since everyone has one.
Also, continue like this and our poor merchants will soon have to completely close the shops.

Gunsmiths have been useless since named weapons became commonplace, even more so after level 70 because of the golden weapons. These custom weapons are better than the golden weapons at level 120, I'll be happy to see a few of them in amongst the mass of gold.

DeletedUser31022

Gunsmiths have been useless since named weapons became commonplace, even more so after level 70 because of the golden weapons. These custom weapons are better than the golden weapons at level 120, I'll be happy to see a few of them in amongst the mass of gold.

How are these better than the golden weapons? They only have small increase in the minimum damage 121-130 compared to 101-149 but with the golden weapons there are also SP applied giving them a much better use value.

Now if we could actually customize our weapons using crafting items giving our personal weapons individual skills then they would be much better and more than just another useless item in the inventory.

DeletedUser22685

How are these better than the golden weapons? They only have small increase in the minimum damage 121-130 compared to 101-149 but with the golden weapons there are also SP applied giving them a much better use value.

Yeah, I didn't take those SP into account. Perhaps they're not better, but they're at least comparable, which can't be said about most other weapons. Not to mention the fact that you have to do literally nothing to obtain these weapons.

Mathiason said:
Now if we could actually customize our weapons using crafting items giving our personal weapons individual skills then they would be much better and more than just another useless item in the inventory.

That could be an interesting idea if you develop it further.

DeletedUser31022

My idea for the upgrading using crafting would be using the 300-350 lvl craft items that don't have any real use yet.

I'll detail it and post my thoughts in a proper thread?

DeletedUser22685

Sure, any ideas are welcome. Though these weapons are probably already way overpowered considering everybody gets them for free, but if the overall damage is reduced I can see some customisable add-ons being a good addition.

DeletedUser29831

But ClothCalc doesn't choose it. Aaaah, Inno is sabotaging my game. Why did they give something away for free? Before we had to make our own guns by old CD-ROMS and motherboards. (mutter, mutter)

I really like the customize idea. :-D

DeletedUser

The weapons might not replace the best weapons at 120, but they might make a difference as lower levels level up. I'm not entirely sure though, my level 70 doesn't have his golden Colt yet (well, he may, haven't gotten that far yet tonight), but Belle's is still better than the new firearm.

But ClothCalc doesn't choose it. Aaaah, Inno is sabotaging my game. Why did they give something away for free? Before we had to make our own guns by old CD-ROMS and motherboards. (mutter, mutter)

I really like the customize idea. :-D

CD-ROMS? Whippersnapper, in my day we used 5 1/4" floppies.

DeletedUser

Those were the days of real floppy disks, where both the disk and its casing were "floppy".

The weapons are definitely helpful for low level players, although my L42 adv on Enewetak is having a devil of a time trying to beat Mugridge. I might have to wait for Belle to beat him.

DeletedUser

It looks like the new weapons are good until you get to level 45 then Belle Starr really outmatches them.

Then, when you level up to 120, they are actually very good as they are similar to Wyatt's in that you get a close group of damage over the Golden Colt that has a much wider range. You get an average damage of 125.5 compared to 125 for GC, but, a higher minimum damage. The only thing it lacks are any skill points.

DeletedUser

For me, this item is useless. I got my golden colt at about 55-60 level and the only problem was Drilling for oil, which is not a problem anymore

Red Falcon

I quite must disagree because at level 120, these weapons not only do less damage than the golden weapons, they also provide no bonuses whatsoever. :no:

DeletedUser22685

I quite must disagree because at level 120, these weapons not only do less damage than the golden weapons, they also provide no bonuses whatsoever. :no:

Firstly, they do more damage than the golden weapons and with a smaller range which means they're more consistent. Secondly, if you'd care to read the rest of the thread, you'll find that your point was already addressed.

Yeah, I didn't take those SP into account. Perhaps they're not better, but they're at least comparable, which can't be said about most other weapons. Not to mention the fact that you have to do literally nothing to obtain these weapons.

DeletedUser

The main thing with Customised weapons is that while they keep up with you, thus saving you some money, they have no bonus points nor are they a set piece. So not everybody will be using them.

They'll certainly help against NPC battles, but when it comes to getting personal, duellers will drop them pretty quickly.

Also, because they're easy to get, they're no fun. "I got the Custom Gun" isn't going to be exactly a bragging point.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In the worlds I play in, in Russia, the customized weapon's damage has been downgraded. Now it's only 91-100 damage at level 120

DeletedUser

In the worlds I play in, in Russia, the customized weapon's damage has been downgraded. Now it's only 91-100 damage at level 120

That was a while ago, and it's everywhere. Nothing like that will ever just be on one language server.

DeletedUser

That was a while ago, and it's everywhere. Nothing like that will ever just be on one language server.

Well, except on German servers where the gun also provides +20% Economic influence on other .EEU servers... ;)