Cross Server Markets

DeletedUser18328

Whats the possibility of making the Market include ALL servers. It would provide a greater pool of goods to buy from.

DeletedUser36098

possibility is zero .. been stated by inno a few times now that I can remember

DeletedUser36559

Either it would ridiculously hard to find an item or items would be dirt cheap and so easy to obtain. I can normally find most items if I look at the market enough times but some rare items will take a while before they pop up.

DeletedUser36192

Can this idea be resurfaced? I'm not so sure about other servers but it's become increasingly difficult to buy/sell items on markets in El Dorado. Prices either become absurd to purchase or no one is willing to sell at all.

Proposal:
Have inter-server trading possible between all current servers (maybe leave out galv until after it has experienced a christmas where all the old sets are released).

Details:

Have the market be integrated across servers - could bring the prices down of items across all servers, open up a much larger 'market' to other people to buy and sell. Availability of rares may increase and help people to obtain achievements.

Abuse Prevention:
Don't let people over the same IP address sell to themselves cross server (which i predict would be the biggest issue esp. if people were to use different alias on each server).
Could have a forced linkage of accounts (same way those on same IP address should declare to inno about it here and in tribalwars they do the same).

Summary:

Inter-world trading to revive currently dying markets on older servers.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes.
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List?
Yes, but resurfacing.

DeletedUser26820

Well, if the market is dead, then so is the world and I'd think at that point it would be a better idea to close that world and migrate those toons to another, more active one.

Additionally, you'll encounter gear being distributed to worlds where it was never available.
For example, Freeman's gear to Galveston.

Third point is there's nothing to stop me from posting something for sale on market in Briscoe and then buying it by my other toon on Galveston. I'm "pushing" gear across worlds to another account. And I think that's the deal stopper.

DeletedUser36192

If you read my thing i did bring up pushing via IP addresses. I mean i'm not saying it's perfect but considering they're not open to letting us migrate gotta try something....

asdf124

Yeah, I'd smuggle lots of stuff via 3'rd part.

Smuggling can be made which would open up a smuggling business.

It is fine with me if it excludes new worlds like dei said.

DeletedUser26820

Completely understood, Crook.

I did read, and no disregard or offense to your proposal, but if Inno is not going to give man-hours and dollars to implementing much more simple and common sense suggestions, they're not going to dedicate man-hours and dollars to monitoring IP addresses.

A couple analogies I'd reference is:

** The shoplifter that doesn't consider it stealing until they caught;

** The Jumping Frog of Calavares County by Mark Twain.
A town was so "christian" and moral, every citizen carried a town coin that reads "Lead us not into temptation"
A con man shows up, turns the town upside down, and leads them all into temptation.
Every citizen in town is ready to kill each other.
At the end of the book, the coin is changed to "Lead us into temptation", as in, so we can be tested in fire and judged as to our high morals if still true to them.

I see your proposal not being accepted by Inno as not wanting to lead the players of their game into temptation.

If my analogies make any sense.....