Criminal Escapades. (Crime RP)

DeletedUser25825

Peter Simmons sat back from the breakfast table as he lit a cigarette and shook open the morning edition. His wife, Edith, began clearing away the dishes. He frowned and shook his head, slapping the paper with the back of his hand. “I can’t believe these cops”, he complained, “they get paid all that money, and they’re not getting anywhere on all of these recent jewelry store robberies. Crime is running rampant I tell ya! What have we had now? I think it’s been six burglaries in as many days?” He heard the familiar “Yes dear” from his wife of fifty years who was obviously not listening to him, and shook his head as he turned the page.

“It’s silly really. What with all the technology out there? You would think they’d be able to catch this guy.” He frowned, took a drag from his cigarette and blew the smoke out. Another article caught his eye, and he straightened slightly. “Hey! Edith! The Russian circus is in town! What do you think about hitting a show for old time’s sake?” He grinned and sat back as the nostalgia of childhood memories of all the sights and sounds of the circus flooded his mind. He took another drag from his cigarette, smiled and nodded as he sipped his coffee.

Afanas Gregorovich looked up at the soft knock at the door of his trailer. He answered with a gravely Russian accent, “Enter.” The door opened slowly and a small, waifish girl stood there. She was several inches shorter than five feet, and dressed in a white spandex and leotard outfit with black triangles pressed all over it in a comical array. Her face was painted white, with painted black lips and black tears running down her cheeks. She hugged a ratty teddy bear to her torso as Afanas smiled and gestured her in, while switching to Russian as he spoke, “Ah, Alya my little flower. What is it that you bring me tonight?” He turned from her as he removed the black silk shirt he was wearing, revealing a towering rose adorned cathedral with three spires, and a prominent star on his shoulder. He looked at the small girl over his shoulder as he pulled on a blazing red shirt. She stepped up to his desk , dug her slender fingers into one of the rips in her well-loved teddy bear, tugged a black velvet bag from within it, and placed it upon the desk.

He moved over to the desk and sat, before pointing at the wooden chair situated on the other side. He ordered, “Sit.” Alya moved to the chair and sat, placing her teddy bear atop her lap before resting her chin upon its head. He untied the bag and upended it, causing a cascade of glittering diamonds to spill out and tumble about his desktop. He smiled at his favored worker and nodded approvingly as he spoke, “Well done my Alya. You never cease to amaze me. You did this all in one hit?” She nodded. He looked at the pile of stones and asked, “These were in the case?” He spied the shake of negativity of her head. He nodded and said, “A safe? Very nice my little flower. You never give me reason to be unpleased with you.”

He scraped the stones off the desktop into his palm and slid them into the bag, which he tied and slid into his shirt. He stood up, which caused her to stand as well. He grabbed a large, black, great coat and held it out to her as he asked, “Alya, help me with this please.” She climbed onto the chair and stood upon its seat as she held the coat up for him to slide his arms into. He turned and looked at the diminutive girl, stroking her chin gently and spoke, “Come little flower. The show starts soon, and we can’t be without clowns eh?” She smirked ever so slightly at his nightly joke and nodded agreeably. He turned and she hopped down soundlessly to the floor. She followed him out of the trailer and towards the great tent that had been set up as center ring not far away.

Ok folks. This is a role play that will revolve around a grouping of criminals, who all specialize is specific tasks to accomplish a goal to be set in game, once characters are announced. The aim of this game is to bring together a set of individuals with all of the usual back drama that occurs when criminals convene. You get to choose your character’s actions and dealings, and either reap the rewards, or suffer possible consequences if you’re caught. I would appreciate it greatly if you were to choose amongst the criminal career path I lay out for better game flow, however, the choice of what you play is, as always, entirely up to you. So saying, I also urge you to try to play something outside your comfort zone if you feel like it. The choice might open new experiences for you in gaming. If you have any specific questions, I’ll happily address them, though I’d prefer keeping them to PM if we could.

The rules are simple. Most importantly, the rules set forth in the Campfire Forum are of course in play. If you’re unfamiliar with them, I invite you to read them before writing your character up. I would also really appreciate it if we could all keep our posts on this thread to a paragraph or more of text. I’m not a huge fan of one line responses, and I know the mods aren’t, and it’s fairly easy to write several sentences at a minimum when you try. So saying… the list of criminals.

Hacker: An individual with superior computer, and more importantly internet navigation skills

Boxman: An individual who specializes in locks. Today’s day and age also includes electronic security system knowledge.

Con: An individual whose mastery of disguise, accents, and acting earns them things through trickery

Driver: An expert in anything motorized and how to improve/fix it

Tough: An individual who specializes in weaponry, and hands on fighting, for when everybody else screws the pooch

Burglar: An individual who specializes in breaking and entering into buildings

Fixer: Theoretical leader of the group. Person responsible for representing the members in the underworld.

I’ve introduced the character I intend on playing in the entry of this thread. Here is the sheet I would appreciate to represent whom you choose.

Name (Real Name): Alya Petrova

Alias (What you call yourself, or are known in the criminal world as): None

Age (Real Age): 23

Height (Real height): 4’6

Weight (Real weight): 90 lbs.

Occupation (Cover) - (Criminal activity, cover job if you use one): Burglar (Circus acrobat)

Equipment (What you own for your criminal activity, and anything else pertinent): Black cat suit, lamp black, shark skin gloves, rope and grapple, glass cutter, small crowbar. Official Russian passport, Visa, circus clothes.

Bio (Put as much or as little as you’d like. Justify your skills at least): Alya was born in St. Petersburg. Though it was deemed she would never talk because of a birth defect, she was accepted and loved by her family. When she was 10 years old, Chechnyan Serbs attacked her family, and she witnessed the brutal murders of her father, mother, and older brother. The traumatic event shocked her to the extent that her body shut down its usual biology, and she ceased growing. Though she is 23 years old, she appears no older than early teens at best. She was a comrade of the state for a short stint, until she tired of the abuse of the overseeing matron and she stole off to make her own way in the world. To survive, she became a master pickpocket, often using her child-like appearance to woo unsuspecting marks close enough to pick. She made the inevitable mistake of picking the wrong target, when she chose Pytor Jovachev, a captain of the Russian Mafia. He was amused by the brazenness of the small woman, and impressed enough with her skills to inter her into the mafia, involuntarily. Death or join always makes the decision simple. She was given to Afanas Gregorovich, who had a nice cover circus business going. There she was trained as an acrobat, and burglar. She has been working for the Russian Mafia for the past thirteen years. They’ve recently travelled to America, the land of opportunity, both to entertain the crowds and rob them blind.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Name (Name): David Polten

Alias (What you call yourself, or are known in the criminal world as): Raine

Age (Age): 26

Height (Real height): 5'11

Weight (Real weight): 160 lbs.

Occupation (Cover) - (Criminal activity, cover job if you use one): Con (Bartender)

Equipment (What you own for your criminal activity, and anything else pertinent): Black Blazer with black Slacks or alternatively a Tan blazer with blue jeans. mens cologne, hairgel, Beretta 92FS for just in case things go really wrong.

Bio (Put as much or as little as you’d like. Justify your skills at least): Adopted at an early age by an Italian immigrant family at the age of two, David never learned of his parents, in truth, he never grew to want to know anything about them. His foster parents were far too interesting for him, they were connected, as well, which brought all sorts of company to the house, from family friends to trained killers, he soon realized that his parents were more than just a couple with the friendship of odd and dangerous people, but they were major players in an Irish-Italian run Mafia. It was called The Patrick's Rizzo, and it was as ethnically diverse as most mafia clans get in upstate New york. The family however, was met with lesser reception from other gangs, as being a mixed-culture party, some pro-Italian and pro-Irish mafias threatened to shut it down. The loose restrictions on recruiting gradually began to strain at the mafia, and slowly began to tear them apart. Soon, young David and his family had to leave New york, and they made it to New Jersey, where on his 13th birthday, a police raid took his foster father away. Soon after, he became cruel, yet cunning, and began to hone his skills at the local laundromat. By age 18, he had taken a suave stance, and impersonated some of his favorite Italian actors, getting his voice to sound like that of Mickey Rourkes. By this time, his foster father had been released from prison, and was not simply visiting his foster mother... He had been set up, and he had been blaming her for the years he had spent in the prison, and he hadn't been given a good time there either, and his emotional scarring caused him to blow the apartment to pieces, with the police barring David and other tenantes who just happened to be away from entry.

From the years afterward, David took to a life of crime, talking people into giving him what he wanted, whether it be free money, beer, sex, or respect, he could con someone into whatever he wished. But, by age 24, he had gotten sloppy from too much beer, and was forced to attent Alchoholic meetings.

And now, he's back on the streets, hoping to get back into the curve and smooth tounge his way back to the top of cons.

DeletedUser25825

Afanas, Alya, and several of the performers entered the bar David was working the night shift for. Afanas was loud and obnoxious as he ordered several bottles of vodka and glasses for him and his party in a heavy Russian accent. The group moved to a corner and began boisterously talking in Russian, and laughing often. They quickly downed the bottles, ordered more, and seemed to settle in for a serious night of drinking.

Alya slipped away from the group after an hour or so, and moved over to an arcade poker machine. She climbed onto the bench and studied the game for a few minutes, watching the machine go through its enticing "you should play me and win" routine, before she slipped a quarter in. One of the performers shouted out at her, and she looked over her shoulder and grinned in his direction. She returned her attention to the machine and played until her credits were out. She climbed off the stool, and walked towards the group again. She gasped as the sound of several coins hitting the floor and rolling under another table with several other patrons was heard. She scrambled down under the table, as the men sitting at it laughed. She soon emerged and clutched her few quarters to her chest as she rejoined her group. Afanas looked at her and she nodded almost imperceptibly. He grinned and held his hand out towards her. She offered him a credit card, which she pulled from within her sleeve. Afanas called over the waitress and placed it on her tray before she walked away. Alya slipped away from the group again and moved to the bar. She climbed onto the stool and nodded at David. She placed several quarters on the bartop and pointed at the row of chip bags hanging near the register.

DeletedUser

David just looked at the cute little girl, smiled, and pulled one of the bags of chips from the shelf, with an ever-careful eye kept on her. It wasn't usual for any of his patrons to bring daughters into his bar, and the fact that they were Russian patrons kept him on his toes. He didn't trust the Russian Mafia, which these people had to have some affiliation, their sharp dressed happy presence menaced him. He laid the chips on the counter and gently rubbed on one of the quarters, pressing his index finger against the face of George Washington as he moved it towards himself with a smile. "Hey Little girl, is that your daddy?" He asked, a proper grin crossed his clean shaven face as he looked at the Russian man she had stood beside seconds ago. His group was a good size, and David kept his suspicions vacant from his friendly face.

DeletedUser25825

Alya took the bag of chips and the remaining two quarters. She tucked the coins into her pocket and ripped the edge of the bag with her teeth, before tearing it open entirely. She crunched on one as she looked over her shoulder at the laughing group of people, who were becomming more and more inebriated, and then back at David as she nodded while smiling. She ate another chip, and looked over her shoulder at the group, before returning her attention towards David. She smiled easily enough, ate a third chip and spun the stool around childishly. She stopped as she faced the bar again, and looked over her shoulder as her slender fingers began to tap an anxious pattern of impatience on the bar top. She returned her attention forward and looked at David, lifting her eyebrows slightly noting him staring at her, as she consumed another chip.

She looked over her shoulder again as the boisterous Afanas yelled out, "Alya!" She left her chips, and slid off the stool. Afanas yelled out something in Russian to her, and several of the people with him nodded their heads as they laughed and clapped their hands. She nodded her head and looked around the establishment. She moved over to an empty table. She stepped up onto the straightbacked chair, placed her hands on the backrest and slowly and smoothly, dispersed her weight so that she performed a handstand atop the narrow surface. She watched the floor and chair with great determination as she shifted slightly and pulled the chair up to balance precariously on one leg. Her Russian family, and most of the bar for that matter, applauded. She slowly lifted the hand that was not over the last contact point of the chair and floor, lifted it for balance and dropped her straight legs down in a V shape so that she balanced on one hand on the teetering chair. The bar really liked that and began hooting and hollaring. She straightened her legs and dropped the chair back onto two legs, before dropping it to four as she dropped out of her handstand onto the seat. She did a flourishing, flipping leap over the back of the chair and landed solidly on the floor. She stood up straight and bowed low, as the bar all applauded appreciatively.

The waitress, Beth, who had been serving the group, approached David while the bar patrons all began talking loudly about Alya. The Russians returned to their own boisterous conversation. Beth leaned over to whisper to David, "Hey Dave? The card that Russian group gave me for their tab? The machine says it's stolen. I called the police already. Just giving you a heads up." David's attention returned to the Russian group, and noticed they were two members shorter than they had been before the display Alya had put on.

DeletedUser

David leaned against the bar with a deep sigh, he shook his head as he closed his eyes, thinking about what exactly might happen in the next ten minutes. He ran his hand up his face, feeling himself break out into a sweat, and he watched the Russian crowd as they continued their happy gestures toward one another. "Hey, just don't let any more go missing, I don't want them stealing from here, alright." He said to Beth, with a wink and a smile. She passively nodded, and David reached around behind him and plucked a 37 year old bottle of whiskey, precariously placed as to prevent himself from grabbing it mistakenly at an unnecessary time. "Tell em' it's on the house." He smiled, as he placed the curious bottle of whiskey on the counter, and gently ran his hand across hers. She just nodded, smiling. He couldn't tell if she was blushing through her makeup, but regardless, she would do as he told, and not just because she worked for him. David glanced at the young gymnist girl, noting how her preformance was quite effective at drawing attention, and then he smoothed his chin at the thought of loading his gun and making sure that the back room was still locked, but he couldn't leave the bar unattended, and he certainly didn't want to kill anybody. He looked towards where Beth had gone, hoping to catch a glimpse of her as she walked away, but she had already proceeded into the bar crowds. Then, he thought of just cracking himself open a can of beer and drinking for the hell of it.

DeletedUser13682

Name (Real Name): Philip Marston
Alias (What you call yourself, or are known in the criminal world as): Colonel Michael Ambrose
Age (Real Age): 39
Height (Real height): 6'3"
Weight (Real weight): 263 lbs
Occupation (Cover) - (Criminal activity, cover job if you use one): tough (Colonel in Xia(Blackwater) sometimes poses as military colonel)
Equipment (What you own for your crimina activity, and anything else pertinent): MARPAT (desert and forest) ACU (same as MARPAT), AR10, black shirt, pipe bombs, passports and fake IDs for many countries (mostly in Europe and Middle East), Garmin Nuvifone, kevlar vest, flask of whiskey, M1911A3, jeans, jump boots.
Bio: In the beginning, Philip Marston was born, to loving parents in the Our Lady of the Nurses Hospital and Clinic, in Boston Massachusetts. Growing up, Philip was attracted to video games like Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Halo series, basically, all war games. This made our boy Philip want to join the military,but his parents would not allow it. Philip would go through law school, become a lawyer, and free 'innocent' men from their imminent doom. That just didn't fly with Philip, so on his 17th birthday, he ran away, stealing his dad's 1964 Camaro, and trading that in for fake IDs, birth certtificate, passports, permanent entry into the national database, and a new name. Philip's new name was Michael Ambrose, chosen for purely arbitrary reasons. Seriously, no idea where it came from. So, Michael served proudly in the USMC, achieving the rank of Chief Warrant Officer 2, while serving in locales, such as Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Korea, Japan, Turkey, Germany, Russia, but his favorite one was Saudi Arabia. Now, these tours of duty contributed greatly to his final choice.
After his last tour of duty, Michael began to get restless, so he joined up with Xia, a private military contractor, or PMC for short. Until recently, Michael has been serving in nearly the exact same places he had been serving, but with some problems. There had been indications for a while now, that Michael might be growing to be a little touched in the head, if you know what I mean. Michael was going crazy, war will do that to men. Now Michael had a friend in Xia, who could hack nearly anything. Michael convinced his friend to erase the crazy reports, but it wasn't fast enough. The higher ups, caught a whiff of the craziness that was Michael, and had him kicked out of Xia. Before he left, Michael had his friend change his rank in the Marine Corps to Colonel, due to the leverage a field officer gets, compared to a warrent officer.
Now, Michael wanders the streets, hoping that somebody will pick him up, so he could use his skills once again, this time for any purpose, good, or bad.

DeletedUser25825

Name: Madelyne Albright

Alias: The Mad Fox

Height: 5'7

Weight: 140

Equipment: Silver Lexus IS F10, Pager, Pay as you go cell phone, Fake credentials for several identities, HP P2000 SK & Federal Conceal Carry Permit, Tailored business suits, Two residences, possibly more.

Bio: Madelyne Albright, better known in the criminal world as The Mad Fox, was born into old wealth. She grew up wanting for nothing. She attended exclusive private schools with other wealthy and political children, and eventually earned an MBA in Business and Management from Yale University, where she was also inducted into the Skull and Bones Society. After joining the business world, she quickly bored of it, and directed her efforts, and limitless seeming connections into the criminal world. She is widely known amongst the professionals as being at the top of the game. Very rarely is she sought out, but it's generally thought to mean big things for people she taps for any given reason.

Mad stays fit, and still lives the good life. She always dresses in expensive, tailor made business suits. She is known to be fair in her business dealings, and very few of those associated with her have eneded up in a bad way. She maintains two known residences. One is a three bedroom apartment in Manhattan, and the other is a large home in North Aurora outside Chicago, IL.

As Michael was walking down the sidewalk, he heard a honk from the street. It caused him to look over, and spy a Silver Lexus pull in near him. He was of course, instantly on guard, as war does that to a body. The driver side door opened, and out stepped a woman in her mid-thirties. She was dressed in a dark, business suit and wearing Costa Del Mar mirrored sunglasses. Her black hair was tied back in a tight bun. She walked around the car and stepped up onto the sidewalk.

She casually leaned against her car, and looked up and down the sidewalk for a moment before addressing him. "My name is Ms Albright", she stated simply before continuing, "I doubt you know who I am, but I know who you are. More importantly, I know of your abilities. I'm going to cut to the chase with you. I have an upcoming engagement with several parties, and I'm in need of some protection that isn't interested in foibles and niceties if I require it. I'm told that you might be such a person." She reached up and lowered her sunglasses to rest on the tip of her nose and looked at him with shocking blue eyes. "The offer is simple. You stay with me, do what I ask, and when the deal is done? You walk." She pushed her sunglasses back up and straightened. She brushed her suit off and began walking around her car. She paused at the door and asked, "If you're interested, hop in. Otherwise, I'm sorry to have wasted your time." So saying, she opened her door and climbed into her car. She unlocked the passenger door and waited.

DeletedUser25825

ALYA

Alya straightened from her bow and noted that what Afanas wanted to happen had. Egor and Lev had slipped away, and were most likely breaking into the back office at this moment. She moved towards the table of Russians, and gave false smiles as several patrons felt it necessary to tussle her hair as she went by. She'd made friends apparently. She stopped at the table and Afanas smiled at her. He spoke to her praisingly in Russian, to which she nodded with the same false smile she'd kept plastered on her face as she walked to the table. After a few moments, she pointed at her teddy bear sitting on the bench, squished between the remaining performers. They laughed mirthfully, the vodka definitely kicking in, as they grabbed it and tossed it to her. She caught it, turned and stopped short of bumping into Beth carrying the bottle to the table. Beth smiled down at her, and she smiled back, before side-stepping around her and returning to the bar where she'd left her chips.

She climbed back onto the stool and looked at David, noting his attention drawn towards her family. She ate a chip, as her eyes flitted up towards the wall clock cleverly concealed in the rows of bottles. No bar wanted to openly show a clock, to see how long you've wasted at the bar, yet they always felt it necessary to provide the time. She ate another chip figuring it wouldn't be long now. She looked at David, as she became aware of his attention on her again. She tilted her head slightly as she studied him, and then looked to her right as the door opened and two uniformed police officers entered. She looked back at David, smiled genuinely, and slid down off the stool. She began to wander through the crowd towards the back as the officers moved into the front of the crowd. The Russians, obviously noticed the police and quieted down considerably so as not to draw immediate attention their way.

Alya disappeared into the hallway that led towards the back.

DeletedUser

Name (Real Name): Vladimir Makarov

Alias (What you call yourself, or are known in the criminal world as): Cobra
Age (Real Age): 21

Height (Real height): 6"2

Weight (Real weight): 200 Lbs

Occupation (Cover) - Tough

Equipment (What you own for your criminal activity, and anything else pertinent): Desert Eagle(Semi-Automatic Pistol), Dark Jeans, Black Short Sleeved Shirt, Sunglasses, Black Loafers, Swiss Army Knife & SMG

Bio: Vladimir grew up in the back streets of Moscow.His life was filled with crime & death.Vladimir at the age of 9 started the art of crime himself, beginning with bullying and mugging other children around where he lived.He visited the local Police station at the age of 13 for when he had killed another child for money.He had stayed there for 7 weeks, listening & asking whenever he heard of the word "crime".He soon learned of a group called the Red Mafiya.Once he left the Jail he quickly found a contact in the Red Mafiya.He became known for his quick weaponry skills & powerful fists.When Vladamir was 19 years old, a man called "Red" offered Vladamir $5,000,000 to do a quick and easy kill.Vladimir accepted before asking who he was going to kill as he usually does.If he had known who his objective was he would of immediately refused.His job was to kill the Russian Secretary of Defence.Vladimir had all the information.He was to be given the $5,000,000 after he killed the Secretary.He hid out in an alleyway across from where the Secretary would be getting out.He had his pistol ready as the Secretary left his Limosuine.He pulled the trigger as soon as he saw the Secretary's cold, bald head.The sound of the pistol was deafining to Vladimir.The bodyguards fired in Vladimirs direction, but they were too slow.Vladimir was already half way down the next street.He had recieved his payment in a coffee shop.As "Red" passed him the briefcase, a shot was heard outside.Vladimir through himself away from the table as a bullet struck the wall beside where his head was.He immediately removed his Desert Eagle and fired at "Red" and killed him instantly.Vladimir left the country soon after that and has been an International "Tough" known as "Cobra".

DeletedUser25825

MADELYNE

Vladimir found America to be everything that Russia said it wasn't. Sure, there was capitalism, there was decadence, but it was free. No black markets to buy most anything. No lines for simple goods. This was the good life. That is, if you were working in something honest. Crime? It was easy to find, but not so easy to become established. The Italians hired Italians, the Russians would most likely kill him for betrayal, and the Asians were worse than the Italians. They had a family tree so straight, he was surprised degeneratives weren't born out of it. He was wisely waiting on the fortune paid him by "Red". It was too soon, and he was too hot. So he was forced to settle for a low rent, POS one roomer in a place only criminals or the desperate ekeing out what might pass as a living would dare enter.

It was for this reason, he was extremely surpirsed, and quite suspicious, when he entered his apartment and located a bulky, white envelope with a gold fox embolized on the front. After inspecting the outside, and detecting no manner of explosive device probability, he tore it open and found a note written in Russian, and 50 one hundred dollar bills. It read,

Greetings Cobra. I have become aware of your recent arrival to this country, and the circumstances for your hasty departure. It is for this reason I nearly opted against approaching you. I have a job for you, but it involves a mere brush with a cell of your former employers. It is for this reason, I have opted to contact you via written communication as opposed to a face to face. If you're interested in tempting fate, all you need do is place an X on the mailbox located on the corner of Sycamore and Ash St. at a time of your choosing. You have one week, as the job is time sensitive. The payout, I assure you, is well worth the risk. Enclosed you will find an incentive to perhaps sway your decision. Keep it, with my compliments.

The Mad Fox

DeletedUser13682

Michael was walking down the street, reading the newspapers, looking for any ads for soldiers of fortune,mercenaries, or bounty hunters. As usual, there was nothing there. Nobody wanted the help of soldiers. He tossed the paper to the ground, and headed home. On the way, a Lexus pulled up to him, prompting him to stop. Out from the car came a woman, a few years younger than him, wearing an expensive suit, expensive sunglasses, driving an expensive car, everything about her spoke of a lot of money. Her name, according to her, was Ms. Albright. The lack of a wedding ring fit that description. "Good morning, Ms. Albright," Michael said.

Michael listened to Ms. Albright, the name not ringing any bells, she was right. He didn't know her. That made the following offer difficult to accept. Though he was looking for an opportunity like this, Philip didn't know whether to accept. But, he decided to anyway, and got in the passenger side of the Lexus. "Now that I've accepted, Ms. Albright, I'm going to need to know everything you can tell me. Also, we're going to need to stop by my apartment. There's some equipment there that I need to grab. Also, for now, just call me Martin or Colonel Ambrose for now. Don't worry, Ms. Albright, whatever you need me for, it will get done. Failure is not an option."

DeletedUser25825

MADELYNE

Mad watched traffic as she navigated the streets. She looked briefly at Michael, then returned her attention to her driving. She responded, "All right Martin. Here's the deal, and what I require of you. I am assembling a team for a job, which I am not currently at liberty to divulge. What I require of you, as I stated already, is protection. It's that simple. The parties I am contacting, are not known for being the nicest of people." She grins as she continues, "I'm just a woman after all. I need a big tough guy to make sure they don't get any bright ideas." Michael was quite certain she was lying at that point as she continued, "The pay is good. Five thousand cash a week, until your services are no longer required." She looked at him again briefly, before looking back at the road. "A clothing allowance too I believe. I'll take you to Imparali's and we'll get you fitted with some more respectable and presentable attire." She whipped the wheel to the right and pulled up to the curb outside Michael's dwelling. It did seem she knew about him after all, or at least where he lived. She turned to regard him and pointed at the glove compartment. "Your first week, in advance. Get what you need, and be back soon please." As Micahel opened the glove compartment, he found an envelope containing five thousand dollars as promised.

DeletedUser

Vladimir slipped down the street.He pulled his coat up higher on his face.'Should I do this?Should I?' Vladimir asked himself over and over as he reached the mailbox.He quickly removed the cap of the marker and marked an X on the mailbox, before hailing a cab and quickly going back to where he currently lived.The feeling of nervousness left him as he entered the comfort in his room.He sat down on a chair and then suddenly, he felt like removing his weaponry from it's hiding place in his case.He removed the case from underneath his bed and placed it onto the bed.He flipped it open and gasping with surprise he found that his weaponry were place openly.He suddenly realised that the people who had sent the envelope had also searched the room.He felt un-safe and scared, but lay down on his bed and forced himself to go to a nightmarish dream.

DeletedUser25825

MADELYNE

The next morning Vladimir woke to a blinding headache. Sleep had been rough. He kept having recurring nightmares of "Red" walking up to him, head half-removed from Vald's bullet, grinning as he lifted his own pistol and pulled the trigger. As Vlad laid back down trying to get to sleep again, he was jolted awake by a soft knock at his door. Figuring the Mafya would just assume kick his door in rather than politely knock, he at least checked the peephole, ensuring he was armed of course.

He spied a caucasion woman who stuck out like a sore thumb in this neighborhood. She was immaculately dressed in business attire with her black hair tied back in a tight bun. She had beautiful shocking blue eyes. She reached forward, knocked softly again. She waited a few moments before holding up a bottle of Cristall Vodka in one hand, and digging into her outer suit pocket to pull out two shot glasses. Her choice of Russia's premeir choice of vodka was not bad, but most importanty she was showing she was not holding a gun in either hand. He heard her muffled voice ask, "Mr Makarov? I believe you indicated you wished to discuss some business?" through the door.

DeletedUser13682

Michael nodded in agreement. "Of course. Anybody tries anything, they're going to the spirit in the sky."Michael looked down at his clothes. "I don't see anything wrong with my clothes. They work. But if you want something different, I'm sure I can figure something out." A few minutes later, they arrived at Michael's apartment. "Wait here, I will be out in a few minutes." Michael got out of the car, grabbing the envelope of money, and ran inside. There, he grabbed his vest, a long suitcase containing his AR10 and M1911A1, and a canvas bag containing his MARPAT, ACUs, pipe bombs, passports, and whiskey. He heads back out, and sets everything in the trunk, except for the vest, which he puts on under his shirt, and pistol, alsounder his shirt, with its holster.

Michael got back into the car, and they drove again. "Honestly, I've only shopped for clothes at the NEX and some of our employer's stores. They usually didn't have fancy clothes, and I haven't had to wear anything better than what I'm in right now since I was 6, so, it will take me a few minutes to be able to operate normally in whatever you have planned for me. So if there's a place where I can get used to my new garbs, I would appreciate that, and it would give you a much better chance of surviving anything that might happen."

DeletedUser

"Yes, I did" Vladimir unlocked the door and looked left and right before gesturing the woman inside."You do know that I know you have a pistol above your right ankle, if you think I'm an idiot" Vladimir pointed out scornfully as he sat on his bed."So, what is this job you want me to do?"

DeletedUser

David
David watched the little girl as she disappeared around the corner, entering one of the hallways that led into the back room, he blinked, feeling as though his suspicions were on to something, just as Beth approached him, with a worried look on her face. "David, the officers are here. They're over by the door, do you want me to go or do you want to?" She asked him, as he glanced over at the Russians sitting at the table.

"They should have brought more men." David chuckled, as he looked at the three police officers, starring at each of the patrons in the bar. "What did you tell them?"

"Two Russian men had left their group and gone past the staff door, If they get out, I'm pretty sure the cameras will catch a glimpse of them." She said, her hazel eyes blinking at him, waiting for his decision.

He just smiled, and looked at the cops. "Go ahead, tell them to check it out." He said, and then he looked at the Russians, "And don't tell the cops anything about the horse laxative that was mixed in with that whiskey." He grinned, showing his whitened teeth as Beth's eyes widened in embarassment. David stopped smiling, "You didn't drink any, did you?"

"Oh, me, no, no, I refused, can't drink on the job, I said." She chuckled, looking back at the Russians, who were now dead silent, their attention on the police officers.

"Go ahead, tell the cops that two of them went in back, tell them there's a little girl too, something ain't right about her, have em' on the lookout." He said, "and be careful, if bullets start to fly..." He gently reached into his coat with both of his hands, peering out at the crowds making sure nobody watched as he cocked his Beretta Cougar, "get down as quick as you can." He smiled.

Her eyes deadened, she swallowed and simply nodded, then turned to the officers, prepared to tell them about the intruders. David keenly eyed the Russian that he assumed was the little girls father, he twitched his fingers slightly, measuring the time it would take for him to draw his Cougar if the Russians wised up to the officers and drew arms.

DeletedUser25825

MADELYNE

Mad entered Vlad's apartment and looked around with distaste obvious upon her features at the squallid conditions. She set the bottle and glasses on the table, and sat at one of the chairs facing Cobra. She looked down at the small lump on the side of her calf, and back at him as she smiled and responded, "Of course you noticed, or we'd never have been talking. I'm sure you can forgive me for arming myself. I'm in a very dangerous area of the city. Might get robbed. You can't blame a girl for wanting to protect herself now, can you?"

She opened the bottle of vodka and poured two shots. She picked one up, and left the other on the table. She sat back against the chair, tossed the shot back, and set the empty glass on the tabletop before saying, "To business. My name is Madelyne Albright, I'm better known as The Mad Fox in your circles. Or Mad, to friends and associates. I'm glad you decided to hear me out. What I'm in need of at the moment is a simple protection detail. Where it gets hairy for you, is it involves the Russians. If you pay any attention to the news, there's a circus in Chicago. It's somewhat legit, run by Afanas Gregorovich." She watched him intently, and smiled as Vlad obviously recognized the captain's name. She continued, "Relax. I don't want you to do anything with Gregorovich. It's one of his soldiers, Alya Petrova, that I'm interested in. I have been in contact with Alya, and she's looking for a way out and we're in a position to make it happen." She paused, pouring herself another shot and nodded towards Vlad as she stated, "With your help of course. I have three days, before she is going to break away. What I need of you, is protection for her, until she can get to me." She downed her second shot and idly spun the glass on her palm as she said, "The entire job is, meet with her, protect her while you transport her to my home in the burbs of Chicago. Once there, you'll wait until I show up and pay you the rest of your money. I probably will have more work for you at that point, but I'm not at a point where I can guarantee it." She lifted her blue eyes to his and asked, "What do you think?"

DeletedUser25825

ALYA

Beth approached the officers and began speaking with them, and did what all innocent civilians do, she pointed right at the Russians. The officers looked in their direction, as the group of them all stood up, broke up, and began shoving their way into the crowd. One of the officers began speaking into the mic on his shoulder as the other two began entering the crowd in pursuit. David saw the large Russian, who did most of the barking, looking around the crowd frantically. He bellowed, "Alya!?" He continued to look around, acting slow to get through the crowd towards the back hallway. He stopped and frowned as one of the two officers who waded into the crowd caught up with him and asked him for identification. The man frowned and continued to look around the bar as he dug into his pocket for his credentials. Afanas handed the requested items to the officer, mostly ignoring him. The officer began speaking into his mic, as the second and third joined him.

After a few minutes, the officer looked up at Afanas and spoke to him. The huge, burly Russian's face took on a look of disbelief, and then reddened in anger, but he nodded stiffly and turned. The officer placed handcuffs on his wrists, and they began escorting him out of the bar. The patrons watched this all with great interest, and a few insults were thrown at the passing officers, but nothing of consequence occurred as the officers led the Russian out the front door.

Shortly after, the first officer approached the bar and gestured David over. He said, "Hey. That was a good catch by your staff there. That guy is Afanas Gregor... Gre... something Russian." He laughed good naturedly and continued, "he's a big timer in the Russian Mafia. Wanted for all kinds of things. I'm probably going to get a promotion out of this collar." He smiled and looked around before growing a bit more serious and saying, "It looks like the padlock on the office in the back had been ripped off the hinges. I'm assuming it wasn't you and that you have a key. I saw you have cameras in the hallway leading up to the room. If you wouldn't mind, can we take a look at it, and maybe see if it's anybody you can identify?"

David found coverage for the bar through Beth, and led the officer to the office. It was indeed broken into, and several papers seemed to have been gone through, though nothing appeared to be missing. They sat down and watched the video, David feeling he knew who was going to be on them. He was mildly surprised to see two men break the lock with a small crowbar, and it was they who ransacked the office. He was further surprised to see the little girl travel down the hallway, look into the room as she walked right passed it, turn and back into the crash bar on the back door and exit without so much as warning the two others engaged in a felony that the cops had arrived. The officer broke him out of his thoughts as he asked if he could identify the two men, and nodded when he was informed they were both with the Russians. The officer thanked David, announced there was a mountain of paperwork waiting for him and stood.

He paused and stated, "Oh. Beth said something about a little girl who was with this group? And I assume it was the one we saw just after those two guys broke into this room. We haven't found her yet. It's strange because we had a cruiser sitting in the alley, and they should have rounded her up. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Little girl, big scary city?" He grinned and said, "I'm sure she'll show up real soon." The officer thanked David again and left.