Create travel waypoint in County 15

• Thread starter DeletedUser6752
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser6752

With the addition of the "new" county in the center of the map, a travel waypoint problem has arisen. There are only two locations in that county you can travel to in order to get to jobs, and if you don't have a new quest currently open, it becomes one - the fort.
The only alternative, since there are no towns (built OR unbuilt) in that county is to use your travel gear and choose the least damaging 15-second job to schedule, and then gear up for the job you want to do.
For a lot of folks this either requires more travel, even slower with work gear, or choosing the least damaging job at the work site you want to go to - and with the new jobs, most of them ARE damage-inducing no matter what your build.

A simple solution for this would be to create a central travel waypoint dead center in the county, not attached to any job site at all - it would be central to the county, so nobody would have to incur unwanted damage just trying to get to their intended job site.
Since the only other alternative that comes to mind is making ALL job sites double as travel waypoints, this seems to be the simpler of the two.

DeletedUser36279

why not just start a 15sec job in your speed clothing, then change clothing to whatever you like, start an hour and cancel the 15 sec? the walking time stays the same

DeletedUser33342

Is what's the use of a sign post?
is there a sign post in any other county?

DeletedUser7100

Is what's the use of a sign post?
is there a sign post in any other county?

There isn't a sign post in any other county. There are towns in all the other counties though so you could travel to the closest town for the job you want before getting into your work gear and traveling the short distance to the job.

DeletedUser6752

Not everybody can sit around waiting for the 15-second time gap in order to cancel that job and start the 1-hour one. I queue jobs before I go to bed at night so I can get ready for work without having to log into The West in the middle of everything else I have to do in the morning.

And the point of the 'sign post' is, in every other county there are either towns or ghost towns (each with a sign post) that you can travel to that are close to the job site you've chosen; in the central county there are no such towns available. There are only the quest giver and the fort. And if you don't have any active quests at that quest giver, there's no way to travel to it.

It would be much more convenient to be able to travel directly to the job sites, but any additional convenience is more than welcome. And having a central waypoint instead of either the fort or quest giver to one side or the other of the island can make a noticeable difference, depending on your build - if you need to squeeze in one more 10-minute or 1-hour job before a quest deadline, a few minutes' travel difference can be a big deal. Especially when some of the new quests have requirements like 'Start Sunday, work 12 hours, finish Sunday'. I'd rather not wait an entire week just to click that 'Complete' button.

Apelatia

I am for this idea. I'm in agreement with Disa that we need some sort of waypoint other than the fort in the central county. Within the other counties on the map, as Disa has stated, there are ghost towns and regular towns that you are able to conveniently set to travel to in your speed gear before then equipping your job gear for the 'short' trip to the job that would follow.

A waypoint besides the fort would be most useful.

DeletedUser30417

A waypoint besides the fort would be most useful.

When you put your mousepointer over the name of a fort small arrows will appear in the top right of the name bar. Click on these small arrows to travel to the fort. I don't see the need to also add a waypoint next to the fort.

However waypoints on job locations would be very nice to have. Right now I change into speed gear and queue 1 hour of any job on the job location. When I get on the location I cancel the 1 hour job. I'd rather not queue a 15 sec job in my speed gear when doing a high end job and risk losing a big chunk of my HP.

Apelatia

When I used the word 'besides', I meant it in the sense of... 'in addition to', rather than 'next to' the fort.

As for waypoints at job locations, I am also in agreement that these would be most useful, and would save a lot of hassle for many people.

DeletedUser33342

You'll get my yes vote, though I don't really see the use actually :)

DeletedUser

Yes from me, and I do see the use. Truth is, it's a big county when you consider the mountains, a waypoint roughly at 4 corners around the mountains would be even better.

DeletedUser33342

Why don't they make the flags "markers" a replacable waypoint?

Snr Sarg

why not just start a 15sec job in your speed clothing, then change clothing to whatever you like, start an hour and cancel the 15 sec? the walking time stays the same

^ this ^

You don't have to wait for anything, as soon as you've queued the next 1 hour job, you cancel the 15 second one and the travel time remains the same as if you still have speed gear on.

This feature was added with 2.0, can't quite believe how many of you don't know this simple workaround :blink:

Last edited:

DeletedUser30224

Not sure what the intention or angle is here, but I completely disagree. You only travel to a location x if you want to work there, duel, travel to town, quest or fast travel with your speed gear and then attack a player with duel gear. Since you can do all of this with the help of the fort, which in any other county is just like a town, I am failing astronomically to see the point here.

DeletedUser

To both Snr Sarg and zd3no:

The issue is that the jobs in the central area are hard, and most people who do the job wearing indian-set/speed-clothing are likely to take LOADS of damage from that job.

So the workaround, if you want to get into the center, is to walk to the fort (or quest-giver) or to queue up a job in your speed gear that minimizes your damage. Right ok.

BUT, it's a big area in terms of time. You can walk to the fort or quest giver fast-ish, yeah sure, but you might still end up a long way from the job you actually want to do. OR, you ride fast to a 15 second job, hope you don't take too much damage from that, and while you're walking you queue up the job you intended to do for an hour in your 'best gear for that job', so you don't get too badly hurt.

The OP is saying, since this is a pain-in-the- workaround, it would be nice to add a few more waypoints.

DeletedUser

Maybe the solution is something a bit more universal, like being able to walk to a marker. Or maybe the benefit of walking to a marker is so small that we continue to walk to a nearby ghost town or fort or an easy job nearby or as stated above, change gear schedule the next difficult job and then cancel the job you scheduled in your speed gear. Those techniques seem to have worked for years.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6752

Not sure what the intention or angle is here, but I completely disagree. You only travel to a location x if you want to work there, duel, travel to town, quest or fast travel with your speed gear and then attack a player with duel gear. Since you can do all of this with the help of the fort, which in any other county is just like a town, I am failing astronomically to see the point here.

There are a lot of differences between players - what could take you 2 minutes to get from fort to job might take me 10 or more; there are some that take me over 15 minutes from the fort once I get the job gear on.

Would you make the same argument if there was only one town or fort per county to which you could travel? Because that is the situation in county 15. In every other county there ARE towns galore, built or ghost, and 3 forts to choose from. In County 15 there are 2 waypoints at the most, and after you finish the new quests that is down to 1 waypoint, the fort. and if I want to travel there to do a silver Alligator Hunting (in the western side of the county), for example, I put on my speed gear and travel to the fort, change gear to Alligator Hunting, and then have another 17 to 19 minutes to travel to the job site and THEN start the job.
As I said originally, if I'm trying to fit in a job or two before silvers reset, or before a quest deadline, that can make a huge difference.

And for some builds, there ARE no safe jobs in that county. So 15 seconds worth of damage on the LEAST dangerous job around can still easily contribute to a job KO in that area.

Snr Sarg

To both Snr Sarg and zd3no:

The issue is that the jobs in the central area are hard, and most people who do the job wearing indian-set/speed-clothing are likely to take LOADS of damage from that job.

Why don't you people read? There is no need to actually do the first job, so you can't take any damage from it.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THE JOB, YOU JUST QUEUE IT IN YOUR SPEED GEAR, THEN SET UP THE REAL JOB AT THE SAME LOCATION, THEN CANCEL THE FIRST 15 SECOND JOB.

YOUR TRAVEL TIME WILL NOT BE AFFECTED AND YOU WON'T TAKE LOADS OF DAMAGE CUZ YOU DON'T DO THE FIRST JOB!!!!

SHEESH

Last edited:

Snr Sarg

Using Dis' example above, let's say I want to go Alligator Hunting, this is what you'd do:

1. Change to speed gear
2. Set 15 seconds Alligator Hunting
3. Change to best LP gear for Alligator Hunting
4. Set 3x 1 hour Alligator Hunting/
5. CANCEL the first 15 second job - you will notice that the travel time is UNAFFECTED
6. Change back to speed gear and queue a trip to nearest hotel to bank my cash from first 3 hours.
7. Now change into full luck gear, or St Patricks Set, or defensive duel gear if I'm not on KO protection.

Net result: I get to the job location at fastest possible speed, I don't take any damage, I get maximum LP on the job, and I also get max luck on the job if on KO protection, and I get max speed to the nearest bank afterwards.

It ain't rocket science, it is a no-brainer

DeletedUser14192

I'm confused... Why would you need to travel to county 15? 15 holds nothing but High Level Jobs and the Fort.

If you want to do a job but want to get to it as fast as possible simple equip speed clothing, set a 15s job at whatever location your doing your job. Change your clothes to that job's clothing, set the job and then cancel your previous 15s job.

The only way this doesn't work is if you need to be wearing your clothes to be able to do a 15s job where you are headed. In which case going to the Fort first in speed cloths and then changing to work clothes isn't bothersome enough to require more posts.

DeletedUser6752

I see what you're saying, but it would still be nice to have a few waypoints in that county to make traveling easier, regardless.
Sometimes I just need to get myself on the way to the county in a hurry - like when you realize the quest ends an hour sooner than you thought. Making the job hubs double as waypoints themselves would be best, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.