Create Customised Gear

DeletedUser14006

Proposal
The ability to create customisable gear, subject to level.

Current Workaround
No current workaround, completely fresh idea.

Details
Subject to level the idea in a nutshell is to be able to purchase customisable gear.

This could be implemented with the use of the UPB shop with each item of gear costing 1000 bonds/nuggets.

One piece of each item of gear to be made available for each slot of your inventory: Headgear, Neckband, Clothing, Pants, Belts & Shoes.

Each item bought comes with ZERO stats and the player is allowed to distribute these as they wish. Skill points made available for distribution for each item of gear ultimately at Inno's discretion.

Only one item for each slot of the inventory can be bought to avoid folk creating numerous advantageous items of gear and points cannot be changed once they are assigned.

Abuse Prevention
I can see at first folk can think up a few ways of abuse, but with the devs responsible for allocating how many skill points each item of gear has to be distributed and at what level these items are made available for sale they can surely take into account game balance and come up with something acceptable.

Visual Aids
None.

Summary
This is a unique idea that adds a little something extra to the game, it benefits players with something else to aim for as it will take some time to accrue the bonds required and will be fun for them to specialize gear aimed towards what they do most ingame.

Will also benefit Inno with something else to add to UPB shop and dare I say it, another income source for them with some opting to use nuggets to get these items of gear :laugh:

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Non-premium won't like the idea of buying unique custom gear for nuggets, and it will give premium a direct advantage over non-premium in jobs, dueling, and everything else.

DeletedUser17143

I agree with Elmyr. Plus premium users already have access to the Character Bonus premium feature and the ability to buy skill points. No one needs more than that. This idea would make the game easier, but not necessarily better in my opinion.

DeletedUser15641

It won't be fair for non-premium players so its a new bad idea.

DeletedUser

you get customize gear once you reach 100k FP, however the reward is different as it was promised at beginning and player should be able to choose from default design once ready and set their own skills (bonuses and skills equal to gentleman set) so this will create various sets and items in the game, question is - how many players will reach this, as I would appreciate higher bonuses for such a difficult target to reach.

DeletedUser30224

I must say that I like what I see. With one condition: The items are available for UPB only and not nuggets. While this would be a nice income to inno, it would be a bad bad greedy turn indeed.

I do not know if you can buy UPB directly(through nuggets), if so, than this fails.

DeletedUser16008

That's not currently possible or necessary since currently everything you can buy with UPB you can get with nuggets.

The problem isn't about prem being able to purchase so much as the inability of of non prem to purchase the same.

At some point you have to concede that prem do have the right to expect some advantage or they wouldnt buy prem in the first place, they are after all paying for everyone elses game in a way.

The issue is that non prem can never have what prem can buy.... eg the Skill and Attribute points on some worlds. If non prem could somehow "buy" without using nuggets then there wouldnt be an unbalance. It may take longer but hey thats what non prem are used to anyway.

If the USB shop was used it would make it a level playing field for all.

It would allow non prem players to "buy" too and would do away with the imbalance of exclusively being a nugget purchase and only available to prem players.

So it takes a little longer for non prem to build up the USB, well thats something as a non prem player I would and do expect.

The more I think about it the more useful the USB shop could become. Everyone gets these bonds yet there is very little I find worth spending mine on so i just bank them.

I like the proposal by Derek... make this available via the USB shop and everyone prem or no prem can benefit.

Sounds pretty good to me

DeletedUser14006

Non-premium won't like the idea of buying unique custom gear for nuggets, and it will give premium a direct advantage over non-premium in jobs, dueling, and everything else.

This idea is available and beneficial to both premium and non premium players maintaining game balance.

DeletedUser15641

since its already unbalanced then this would just make a "big earth quack" as its too un balanced to stay.

DeletedUser22493

I like the idea, but I have a few criterias.

- The item you wanted to customize, has to be an existing named item. So no common items, only named items.

- By customizing the item, say for instance "William Masterson's Linen Pants" that has (3 Dex, 2 Mob, 18 hiding and 18 setting traps) you get a total of 5 AP and 36 SP to distribute as you please.

- When you customize the item, the name of the item will chance into your name. So in this case, it would be "Rebow's Linen Pants".

- Item will not be sellable on the market. To avoid multi accounting, borrowing items and so on.

- 1500 UPB per item. That way it would be a reward people for hard work, and not a easy work around for people with deep pockets. Also, it would put the UPB system to good use.

- Only 1 of each item type. (1 hat, 1 gun, 1 belt etc..)

DeletedUser

This idea is available and beneficial to both premium and non premium players maintaining game balance.
Yeah, Vic's reply made me reconsider that aspect already. More easily available to hardcore premium players, but still available to all.

DeletedUser

I'm for the idea as a basic concept but the administration involvement has to be simplified to make it a viable idea to implement in the game because you don't want to have someone from Inno having to review every single item proposal and what happens when an item "sneaks through" that is so massively unbalanced that it skews the game (it wouldn't be right to just jerk the item away after it had been approved). Take for example some items that have as many as 22 AP's (Green Pistol Belt) or 60 SP's (Fancy Pistol Belt) that could be lumped into a single category). I'm for this idea if a fair formula can be created to remove the excessive administrative oversight that I see currently existing in it's current form.

DeletedUser

Say you have 50 points for distribution on a gear and you wish to put all of them into just one skill. After the first 10 sp, the next sp will cost 2 points. Just increasing the cost of adding more sp will solve that problem.

DeletedUser

Abuse Prevention : Remember that this can be done once per item according to original submission. So you can have a hat, neckwear, clothing, pants, belt, shoes (6 major items, then mount, dueling weapon, left hand weapon and potentially a product too, but let's keep it at 6 for now). Now assume that it's a dueler who wants to customize his wardrobe to enhance his MOB/Dodge or DEX/Aim or maybe even a FF who wants to enhance their STR/HP and you can see this getting out of hand very quickly. The increased cost would have to start lower and rise exponentially to avoid excessive oversight or abuse of this proposed addition otherwise you could see a nugget muncher (as I've seen them called) making a set of 6 items with 10+ AP's in STR and 60+ SP's in HP to add an additional 420+ to their health and if they did that then they're sure to be a premium soldier too ... or the same thing with a dueler who is able to buy their dodge up to 420+ or their aim up to the same level. This is a great idea as long as the stats are capped low or have massively and exponential increases in the cost of assigning an AP/SP to a customized product.