Crafting

DeletedUser3543

None of my blacksmiths ever made a sharpened weapon. I always plan on 25 molten iron, 25 knives, then 25 bayonets to start. I don't care about selling them. The only thing I care less about than money is dueling.

If only I'd known about bayonets before I made 20 sharpened weapons :(

DeletedUser

The only thing I care less about than money is dueling.
I'll never forgive you for not coming on the world where 99.99% players don't care for duels. w13.

In any case, on all crafted items you may make some nice cash. It doesn't mean you simply must do that, but if you don't have any other means of high amount of cash earning (in fact if you're townless), the scheme with crafted items is nice.

DeletedUser28464

Crafting for money ?

At the moment, I have 800k cash and I own all the best equipment for my character. Also, my inventory is loaded with at least 500k of stuff that I don't use. It seems the only way for me to burn money is spending on respec, quests, or useless tasks like crafting or fort building.
I am sure many are richer than me. My purpose here is not to boast but to show that anything that has money as an incentive cannot be interesting for a player like me.

Turns out, I don't enjoy The West crafting update and whatever map they will come out with this bumpy road.

I was hoping that the addition of crafting would add fun to the game.

Will have to wait another year and maybe something much better will turn out,
The optimist,

Pedro

NB: Who in the West likes crafting so much that he or she can't wait to turn on his computer to craft ? For the moment, I can think of only 2 people.

DeletedUser

Who in the West likes crafting so much that he or she can't wait to turn on his computer to craft ? For the moment, I can think of only 2 people.

If you're talking about Rico and Joxer, I think that's an exaggeration.

DeletedUser

Aww Elmyr, you've broken someone's heart! Go dueler & drop me a line ;)
Only thing we craft are dueling buffs
B

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Question...reached 100 Crafting skills and added 3 more recipes on blacksmith totalling 9...the 3 i added shows full bars and the previous 6 shows white bars ive only crafted 2 pans so how can this craft tell me ive mastered it when ive only made 2 pans....do these regenerate over time to yellow/green bars or will they stay on white

DeletedUser

Question...reached 100 Crafting skills and added 3 more recipes on blacksmith totalling 9...the 3 i added shows full bars and the previous 6 shows white bars ive only crafted 2 pans so how can this craft tell me ive mastered it when ive only made 2 pans....do these regenerate over time to yellow/green bars or will they stay on white

A skill is gray once you go over the max skill for the recipe. See http://tw-db.info/index.php?strana=recipe&craft=3

You don't get skill points from gray skills, but you have a better chance of getting "excellent results" with gray and producing two items.

DeletedUser

i follow what your saying Elmyr but ive only crafted 2 pans and yet its turned grey so where does it say the crafting limit on these recipes....i have crafted like 50-60 molten iron so i can see why that would turn grey but not the others... when i added the 3 100 recipes yesterday the 9 of them turned grey for about an hr then when i logged back in later that day they were all green,,,now today the 1st 6 skills have turned grey and the new ones are yellow....cant work it out.....its mighty hard to get to 500 when most of your crafting skills dont yield crafting points

DeletedUser

is that true? I've yet to see that happen.... fingers crossed though.

YhB8a.png

@Griff: I'm not sure when it goes from green to gray, but you need to refresh or relog, not just reopen the crafting window when a recipe changes color.

Bad Billy Jack

This is how it worked for me (Field Cook)

At L51 the starting recipes went from High chance to Low chance (except for Slice of Cake Buff). By the way, Low chance appears to not be that low unless I was really lucky. Low chance was at least 50% for me (at least 10 data points).

At L101 all starting & L50 recipes went to No Chance. L100 recipes are all High chance.

No chance recipes have the chance to get exceptional results & extra crafted item.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I kind of figured it was half way but I never checked. And green recipes also have a chance at excellent results (I've gotten them), it's just not as large as gray recipes.

DeletedUser

I have some general questions about Crafting. Let me preface this by saying that I have yet to select a Craft.

I typically have one or more Recipes available for purchase from the Traveling Store. However, I don't think I've seen any of the lowest level recipes. I'm leaning towards going Peddler, so that's what I look for most, but I don't think I've seen the low levels in the other crafts either.

I've heard recipes are dropable, but I've yet to get a single recipe from work. I also do not see them available in the Market, but I haven't looked for recipes in all crafts.

Must I first choose a Craft profession before these low level recipes will show up, either from the Traveling Merchant, or from Work drops?

DeletedUser

No, it's completely random, regardless of whether or not you've chosen a craft. You don't need to buy the 0 skill recipes, you start with them when you chose a craft, four for each one.

DeletedUser

Ohh...and I've been looking high and low for the low level, 0 skill, recipes. Thanks for that explanation, Elmyr.

DeletedUser

I have another basic crafting question. When Crafting, one develops their crafting skill, but I assume that one earns no Experience Points for general Leveling up. One must choose between working their chosen Craft, or doing odd jobs/Quests in order to gain experience points to increase their Level. Is this correct?

And are there "drops" for Crafting, just like other Work?

DeletedUser

Crafting gives XP, but not much (5 yellow, 2 green, 0 gray). The only item "dropped" is the product you're crafting. Luck is getting a skill point (high chance yellow, low chance green, no chance gray) and getting excellent results, which crafts two items instead of one. I've only seen it on gray and green, but it might be possible with yellow too.

DeletedUser28189

There are a number of craft items that don't appear to have any use beyond just creating them, at least until there is an update utilizing them. But has anyone given some of the "dead-end" items a spin in other ways... i.e., equip them either during other jobs or even other crafts, to see if they somehow sweeten the pot?

DeletedUser

I just got up to level 225 blacksmith on Briscoe and I noticed my gold/yellow recipes I can craft (cast a marble, produce rivets and create lead figurine) turned to green recipes. A low chance to get a crafting point :(

Is this correct? Surely this should be the case when i reach level 250 and not before.

Has anyone else had the same problem?