Crafting mini-event and new tradesman feedback

joeka

This event is great. Thank you for making it easier for lower level players to get required materials.

I think that crafting anything new is awesome, regardless of whether it's an event or not. I also would love to be able to get a recipe for the cake once the event is over (please).

I hope that other players will start trading their cakes, though, because it has been a struggle. Of course, the event is still new.

Tucker Blue

Not enough incentive for most to even bother trying to complete New Customers. Even me, the "i need that achievement!" guy ---

[Winner of 'Easter Showdown 2020']
[Winner of 'Independence Day'] 2019
[Travelling fair: Reward!] (construction points: 24408)
[Duel: Tucker Blue vs. Lady2Face] (bounty $1,167,667)
[Crafting: Wonder Tincture] (400+30 excellent)
[Job report: Grinding coffee] (85 items from 1hr)
NPC duel highest difficulty
<- imgur link

Henry: Tucker Blue has become the first to gain the achievement The new train station.
Henry: Tucker Blue has become the first to gain the achievement Together till the end!.
Henry: Tucker Blue has become the first to gain the achievement The biggest snowstorm of the century!.
Henry: Tucker Blue has become the first to gain the achievement Fun in the snow!.
Henry: Tucker Blue has become the first to gain the achievement A cowboy ghost.
Henry: Tucker Blue has become the first to gain the achievement All gifts have been beautifully decorated!.
Henry: Tucker Blue has become the first to gain the achievement All the gifts in the world!.
Henry: Tucker Blue has become the first to gain the achievement Meet the ghost.
Henry: Tucker Blue has become the first to gain the achievement The most precious stones.
Henry: Tucker Blue has become the first to gain the achievement Oktoberfest Hero!.
Henry: Tucker Blue has become the first to gain the achievement Save the Pony Express rider.
Henry: Tucker Blue has become the first to gain the achievement The letters from the past.
Henry: Tucker Blue has become the first to gain the achievement How to become a friend of a bear.
Henry: Tucker Blue has become the first to gain the achievement Became a Star.
Henry: Tucker Blue has become the first to gain the achievement All the snowflakes in my hand.
Henry: Tucker Blue has become the first to gain the achievement Locked Out.
Henry: Tucker Blue has become the first to gain the achievement Pumpkin Head.
Henry: Tucker Blue has become the first to gain the achievement The Swiss Shepherd.
Henry: Tucker Blue has become the first to gain the achievement A Kingdom of Dreams!.
Henry: Tucker Blue has become the first to gain the achievement Lonesome Cowboy.

don't care about this one at all.

So when do the trades change? They've been the same in Galveston since the start. i have dozens of work instructions wasting away i will never use, the construction sets just keep getting better making them useless to high level players.

What happened to the recipe that takes us from 826 to 850?

Last edited:

joeka

After a little more than a week into this event, this is what I noticed on Juarez:

There is a shortage of one type of cake, which is likely due to a shortage of that type of crafting profession, not just people who aren't participating. (Is there a good way to fix this for future crafting events?)

I have WAYYY too many 2 leaf clovers, which I will likely never use (can we please sell these to Angus, even if it's 10:1?)

The reward could be considered low for everything you have to put into it. The 3 day VIP is awesome, the 5 bonds are awesome, but it is painful to get them all every day, especially with the one cake shortage.

That being said, I like this event. I like the collaboration, the need to trade, the need to have all professions involved. I look forward to more mini-events like this one.

Sorry if I appear a bit thick. I got a recipe for butter. Then the quest giver shut me out. All the ingredients people can now craft are obscenely expensive. 10k for a wooden whisk? over 9k for fracking butter? WTF? So do I have to spend 50k to buy stuff to make a cake?

Pankreas PorFavor

Sorry if I appear a bit thick. I got a recipe for butter. Then the quest giver shut me out. All the ingredients people can now craft are obscenely expensive. 10k for a wooden whisk? over 9k for fracking butter? WTF? So do I have to spend 50k to buy stuff to make a cake?

you can, of course. but, how about trading your butter for whatever they're making? if I as a peddler can make citrus extract only, I need a cook, blacksmith and saddler to make the baking mold, butter and whisk. right? give them your butter, or give them whatever materials they need for the items they craft. trading stuff with other professions should be an obvious choice for anyone that ever tried to craft anything above the basic recipes ;)

asdf124

Okay heres a bit of a question. Who decided that 2% wisdom potion is worth 100 bonds, but five of 25% wisdom potions is worth 300 bonds? I know some people would probably take that deal but I for one would never do that. I still have hope for above level 150.

edit: The new one just asks for 50% experience worth of potions for 300 bonds. I still feel like its not worth it.

Last edited:

teleny

you can, of course. but, how about trading your butter for whatever they're making? if I as a peddler can make citrus extract only, I need a cook, blacksmith and saddler to make the baking mold, butter and whisk. right? give them your butter, or give them whatever materials they need for the items they craft. trading stuff with other professions should be an obvious choice for anyone that ever tried to craft anything above the basic recipes ;)
Have orange extract, need wooden whisk.