Crafting Level 600 What do you think about this?

DeletedUser

Thanks. Did someone drop it from any box?

If they could drop from steels, which, going by the bond shop's hot items on my worlds, are most popular, numbers of $5k 600s in TW-DB imported inventories should be comparable to the $10k recipes, but they aren't even close. Still, that doesn't mean it's not possible from the less-popular lower boxes, but I've never heard of one.

DeletedUser15699

This is insane. Crafting hottest chili in the west requires:
140 beans
40 granite blocks
43 coal
40 steel= 160 coal,40 granite blocks,40 iron rods,40 wood
4 hammers
1 habanero chilis
2 corn
4 mince= 8 ham, 8 t bone steaks, 4 knifes= 8 wood, 4 coal,4 iron rods,4 granite blocks and 4 chopping boards= 4 saws and 4 wood
WTF is this some quest that enlarges your .... ? For what? A stupid weapon that ill never use in real life. With that much products i could start my own county in sector f15.
Someone was taking bath salts. C'mon people be reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is insane. Crafting hottest chili in the west requires:
140 beans
40 granite blocks
43 coal
40 steel= 160 coal,40 granite blocks,40 iron rods,40 wood
4 hammers
1 habanero chilis
2 corn
4 mince= 8 ham, 8 t bone steaks, 4 knifes= 8 wood, 4 coal,4 iron rods,4 granite blocks and 4 chopping boards= 4 saws and 4 wood
WTF is this some quest that enlarges your .... ? For what? A stupid weapon that ill never use in real life. With that much products i could start my own county in sector f15.
Someone was taking bath salts. C'mon people be reasonable.

Not to mention that the name is stupid. 4 cans of beans (though true Texas chili has no beans, not to mention corn) to 1 habanero is not going to make the hottest chili in the west. It's not even mild, it's not even going to season all that meat even a little bit.

DeletedUser25892

Not to mention that the name is stupid. 4 cans of beans (though true Texas chili has no beans, not to mention corn) to 1 habanero is not going to make the hottest chili in the west. It's not even mild, it's not even going to season all that meat even a little bit.

What is the 10 steel for for 1 can? Seems excessive? :D:p

DeletedUser

What is the 10 steel for for 1 can? Seems excessive? :D:p

You have to remember that the game took place in the 19th century when people were much less mindful of conserving natural resources. Or something.

Yeah, and it's not even some small quantity of steel, it's 10 STEEL GIRDERS to make one can!

DeletedUser25892

You have to remember that the game took place in the 19th century when people were much less mindful of conserving natural resources. Or something.

Yeah, and it's not even some small quantity of steel, it's 10 STEEL GIRDERS to make one can!

yes, and I do not have anything to comment now....

DeletedUser

Think of the jaw strength of those old-timers! Imagine the power necessary to eat 40 granite blocks!

Or read another way, what the hell else can explain the 'consumption' of granite when you're making this recipe? What, granite burns in the cooking fire?!?

Oh wait,considering we're using steel girders to make a single can [yeah right, steel girders in 19th century wild west, where's the factory?], I suppose that smelting-plant pot fire needed to melt the steel into a single can will melt the granite as well.

And scale. You gotta love it. 10 steel girders (which can pretty much be used to hold an entire house) turn into 1 TIN can! Yes indeed. BTW, I regularly chop down Redwood trees to make a single box of toothpicks for my day job.

Or my all-time favorite absurdity for the field cook, that making a single dough of bread (water, jug, flour) 'consumes' the jug. I guess the jug is made of sugar and chocolate.

'Scuse me while I go light some cash on fire and bang my head against a brick wall. Both provide a better return on investment.

/rant off

Spaceydk

After doing this for a while and half way to my fourth axe is not that hard I mostly buy the granite for up to 1K on the market and steel for 1000-1500 and since there is a week between being able to craft canned beans its not that bad to collect the other items, I try to keep 4 weeks of stuff in supply and its pretty easy except for beans but its on average 12-14 hours during a week to collect them for me.

DeletedUser

That's another thing, one week to prepare one can of beans. My grandmother would be appalled.

DeletedUser

Your grandmother would not "can" beans anyway. That's an industrial process. If so inclined, she would "put them up" in mason jars.

DeletedUser

I've found a fair number of $5k 600 recipes on various jobs on several worlds at this point: 3 weightless leather, 2 glowing mixture, 1 watchmaker's tools. Bounty hunter, chasing bandits, traveling merchant, ambush. They're just regular job drops.

Do you need to reach 5000$ in the luck range to find it or it is a special drop rate?

DeletedUser

Okay, I admit to being a little out of the loop on the weapons bit of crafting. I am a tonic peddler and can make level 600 recipes.

Is it the Glowing Mixture or Fabled Antidote that leads to the weapon quest? And where would the quest appear when it is available?

I have made both items but just did not find any crafting quest

Any help really appreciated, thanks

DeletedUser1121

you need to make 4 glowing mixtures in order to make a fabled antidote for the quest

DeletedUser

That's the bit I was missing, so it's off to Waupees then.

Thanks both for the info