Crafting Items

DeletedUser

Why did this idea die down? I think this would make a great addition to the game (not just with his example items). To add to the idea, make crafting each item have a labor point value, and have a chance of messing up and getting no item that would decrease as you got more labor points for it. The two biggest factors for crafting items would be fine motor skills, repairing, and vigor.

DeletedUser

The idea of crafting products is a great one. The products that are easier to find because of luck and low job-labor-point requirements should only "transform" into small bonuses. The harder it is to find an product and the harder it is to work the job which produces it, the better the crafted item should be.

Perhaps products that are easy to find could be crafted into a "powerful" item if a large number of products are needed.

Also, as suggested, I think that a new shop would be needed in which you would do the crafting. A tradesman's workshop. Has a good ring to it. Different levels of the building would provide new items to craft. Also, as suggested, I think that there should be required labor points for the crafting. Also, so that each character class and pure build could participate, the labor points required for each item would be different. Obviously, different items would require different skills to craft.

DeletedUser

Great, I like the workshop idea. How about every expansion stage decreasing the time it takes to craft each item? Making clothes would take fine motor skills and repairing and weapons would take vigor and repairing.

DeletedUser

To reiterate my position, I like the idea but only for creating items with just value and no bonuses, or existing items, but not items with random bonuses.

DeletedUser

I agree with Elmyr. At least only have the preset bonuses for the item.

DeletedUser

Will you be able to make existing items with this (Warm Meal springs to mind)?

DeletedUser

Yes, of course. Most of the things you'll be able to make will probably be existing items plus some more.

DeletedUser

Its a great idea♫! Maybe each class has differant unique items they can make that no other class can make.like a worker=pickaxe, and wheelbarrow.

DeletedUser

instead of
grain + glass of water = bread
it should be flour (from Milling grains)

maybe they will make it so you have to do Harvesting fields to get the grains - then you take the grains to the Milling grains to get the flour - and then the flour to the Bakery to get the loaf of bread

DeletedUser

:eek: WOW... resurrection of a year old thread :eek:

resurection.jpg

Deleted User - 1278415

Out of all the threads TooFreppaT revisited today... this is the only one that sounds to have some merit... the only problem we have is the OP hasnt been on since Dec 09.

But this idea would be intriguing after 1.30 comes out, since food items are now playing a role. And there are over 35 pages to this discussion that need to be reviewed to see what all is in this ancient idea.

If I was still running this area I might suggest someone go thru this idea and get the good stuff out and make a new post and we finish the idea out and put a vote on it and call it done and sent/rejected. Just needs someone to take the reigns.http://forum.the-west.net/member.php?u=28659

DeletedUser25632

Out of all the threads TooFreppaT revisited today... this is the only one that sounds to have some merit... the only problem we have is the OP hasnt been on since Dec 09.

But this idea would be intriguing after 1.30 comes out, since food items are now playing a role. And there are over 35 pages to this discussion that need to be reviewed to see what all is in this ancient idea.

If I was still running this area I might suggest someone go thru this idea and get the good stuff out and make a new post and we finish the idea out and put a vote on it and call it done and sent/rejected. Just needs someone to take the reigns.

Well, you're still helping with the area somewhat so, we both can go ahead and say it...

If someone wishes to go through this thread and pull out all the good parts and then make another thread about this topic, they can. Considering the OP hasn't been on for about a year. :shootout::shootout::boone::boone:

DeletedUser

maybe we could finally make use of those stone chains and talismans!

Deleted User - 1278415

Id suggest keeping it simple at first of what can be crafted. You dont want to go overboard on this and have 50 items or something.

But to have a few crafted items so that higher levels can maybe get rid of several items and make 1 mediocre item out of it.

DeletedUser

It doesn't matter how many items are suggested, the devs will implement what they implement.