Feedback Crafting event 2022

Colin Morrigen

The tonic peddler's item is a bit lame... in effects and in name. ;-P
Fruit aroma, fruit liquor, fruit juice...... we peddlers are not thát sweet, you know.

Nice though they designed another crafting batch!

1Big Chief

I'm not a riddler/quester .. I just ask directions without a map.
So to access this quest/recipe.. I start where ? :p

Harriet Oleson

To tell my opinion about this event : I like the principle of crafting events but as everything in a game, it should be balanced.

I mean :
- recipes don't seem very "equivalent" between the different professions : as L00nat33k noticed, I think too that the blacksmith item brings a lot of bonuses while others don't bring as many/aren't as efficient. None of them are really difficult to craft though, but shouldn't it be the higher bonuses = the most difficult to craft ? Or even better : shouldn't you not put 4 different bonuses in one item, while all others have 2 ? There are a bit of problems with pourcentages too (30% of energy and 50% of health, that's huge for this kind of recipe easily crafted and with low craft level requirement) ...
- you're making some of those recipes easier to craft than the other older recipes which bring the same type of bonuses. Won't some recipes become obsolete/"useless" because of that ? Maybe instead of bringing more and more of a same thing making the previous ones obsolet (like with sets), you could create new things. Like the +500% regen items : they are difficult to craft; it'd be good to have items with a lower regen rate but much easier to craft. There are items for "x uses" too, maybe for some of them you can create equivalent recipes but with duration in hours instead (they have complementary utility : when we do one task from time to time, or when we do it a lot in a short amount of time). Those are just examples maybe not very well chosen lol but I'm pretty sure there are things to do without breaking what already exists.

Otherwise I still haven't played the event itself so I can't comment it. Just a question about this though :
"After finishing the questline in every 24 hours, until the event ends, you will be able to finish a quest to craft Birthday drink:" -> I'm starting the event here, and there's nothing written in the quest text about a 24h time limit. That makes me a bit worried cause there are several battles in Kansas this evening, and I won't be able to finish the questline today. Does that mean I won't be able to learn the "Birthday drink" recipe because of that ?
[Edit : well "learn the recipe" or at least end the quest thing; I'm not so sure anymore this is a real recipe]

Last edited:

szycopath

You need to have at least 100 crafting points. If you do and still don't have the quest, feel free to send us a ticket :up:
I'm 800+, finished the first part but yea nothing at the craftguy (or in my saloon for that matter :D)
Guess I'll just karen a ticket ur way

Alduin

[item=52871000] how this supposed item gives energy and hp buff it aint even edible? Game become really fantastic universe rather than wild west themed browser game ngl.

Harriet Oleson

No answer to my question above ? About this : "After finishing the questline in every 24 hours, until the event ends, you will be able to finish a quest to craft Birthday drink:"

It's written in the presentation thread of this event. From how I understand this, that's supposed to mean we have to play the questline everyday to have access to the final quest. But I'm not sure to understand this correctly, especially knowing IG that's not written. From tw-calc, seems like we only have to play the questline once, with at the end : the quest allowing to win the Birthday drink; and after this we can play this last quest again every day until the event end.
That would seem more legit but that's not what's written in the presentation thread. And tw-calc wrote itself that some information may be incorrect so in the end I don't know what to believe lol.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
No answer to my question above ? About this : "After finishing the questline in every 24 hours, until the event ends, you will be able to finish a quest to craft Birthday drink:"

It's written in the presentation thread of this event. From how I understand this, that's supposed to mean we have to play the questline everyday to have access to the final quest. But I'm not sure to understand this correctly, especially knowing IG that's not written. From tw-calc, seems like we only have to play the questline once, with at the end : the quest allowing to win the Birthday drink; and after this we can play this last quest again every day until the event end.
That would seem more legit but that's not what's written in the presentation thread. And tw-calc wrote itself that some information may be incorrect so in the end I don't know what to believe lol.
It’s a daily repeatable during the event

Harriet Oleson

Ok so that's how it is described in tw-calc. Thank you for the confirmation :-))
I think what the team wanted to write in the presentation thread was something like :
"After finishing the questline, you will be able to finish a quest to craft Birthday drink in every 24 hours until the event ends."
If they write "After finishing the questline in every 24 hours, until the event ends, you will be able to finish a quest to craft Birthday drink:", maybe I have an english problem but for me that doesn't have the same meaning at all. But well, I'll stop here with that. If it's only the last quest, I'm reassured ^^

PrancingPurplePony

this quest is a real pain to try and complete in Dakota.
There are no cooks posting the sweet base [or dessert decorations] the few that are willing to make them, want the ingredients or an item in trade.
That isn't so easy unless you are on at the same time to avoid poaching since there are so many people wanting the finished items.
The other three crafts seem to have people that are willing to put items on the market for anyone.. They may not be dirt cheap, but most of them are at least not sky high.