Crafting Event 2021 - Feedback

jouchka

So if I understand correctly you made big part of the event only for the 40-50 highest rank crafters.
All other players won't be able to get the recipe.

Pankreas PorFavor

So if I understand correctly you made big part of the event only for the 40-50 highest rank crafters.
All other players won't be able to get the recipe.

I don't think you understood correctly. It says this in the announcement:
"If you have completed the competition questline and you have at least 750 profession skill points, you can learn how to make one of these products"

Just like today - you can have 200 crafting points, if you find or buy a recipe for 500 crafting points you can't do anything with it until you reach 500 points when you will be able to learn it.
So yes, only those who are actively crafting will be able to learn a new high level recipe. Those who are not doing it will have to spend more effort until they reach this level. Why is this a problem?
40-50 highest rank crafters? In most worlds that is 10% of all the players. Good enough for me. If my math is correct, you need to learn 39 (or even 38?) recipes to reach the stage where you can get 750 crafting points. In Arizona there are 137 players who learned 39 recipes and there are 1100 players. So again - where is the problem? Allow this immediately for 10% of players who are already there, but make it possible for everyone else who is interested in crafting (minimum requirement is 50 crafting points and that's easy to reach during the event even if you have 0 right now). Sounds great!

What makes me more concerned is that we will have to buy An empty jar in UPB shop. It should be possible to find it while working, just like with habanero chillis or cossack blankets etc. that we can also buy in the shop.

jouchka

What makes me more concerned is that we will have to buy An empty jar in UPB shop. It should be possible to find it while working, just like with habanero chillis or cossack blankets etc. that we can also buy in the shop.
The jar is only needed for the specific event product, not for the 750 crafting point stuff.

Pankreas PorFavor

The jar is only needed for the specific event product, not for the 750 crafting point stuff.

And where did I say that it is needed for 750 points recipe?
Why do people bother to comment if they can't be bothered to read what they are commenting?

The announcement clearly states:
"Do you find our new dessert delicious and would you like to craft it even after our mini-event ends? We have got you covered! We will add the "An empty jar" item, which is part of the recipe, to the to SHOP soon after our event ends, so you can craft more innovative desserts. It will cost 28 Bonds or Nuggets."
So, if I want to craft this buff that gives bonuses that are not that bad (80% health, 20% energy and duel motivation) I have to pay 28 bonds/nuggets.
This is a new recipe, which means that it is a great way to increase the player's crafting diversity and that directly impacts the crafting ranking. In other words - if you want to advance in this ranking, you can pay for it. Sure, you also need to get items from other professions, but Inno again didn't miss a chance to introduce a pay-to-win aspect. I know, not a lot of people care about this ranking, but it's the thought that counts. Pay, pay, pay... even when it comes to crafting.

Thanatoss

but Inno again didn't miss a chance to introduce a pay-to-win aspect. I know, not a lot of people care about this ranking, but it's the thought that counts. Pay, pay, pay... even when it comes to crafting.

Cmon... You really are gonna complain about that? You can literally spend 100 euros on skill points and become better than almost every player.

At this point i dont care what more pay2win features inno adds but i hope at least they also improve the game experience.

Pankreas PorFavor

Cmon... You really are gonna complain about that? You can literally spend 100 euros on skill points and become better than almost every player.

At this point i dont care what more pay2win features inno adds but i hope at least they also improve the game experience.

I complained about a lot of things over the years, most of it is ignored so... I am not concerned a lot about complaining about this too :p
as far as 100 euros for SP - did you do the math? wiki page says:
"Buy skill points allows you to purchase skill or attributes points for a base cost of 18 nuggets per skill point and 54 nuggets per attribute point. Every time you purchase a point the price for the next point increases by 18 for a skill point and 54 for an attribute point."
18+36+54+72......
80 eur = 4000 nuggets = 20 skill points and you still have a few nuggets left
for 100 euros you can buy 4760 nuggets = 22 skill points. 22 skill points doesn't make you "better than almost every player".

but yes, I do agree, Inno is focused on the wrong things. keeping the player base, having as many free players as possible should be the goal - I am complaining about the numbers dropping since 2012 at least. 500 players per world? maybe half of that actually active? up until recently they had "17 million players worldwide" posted on the login page... if that's not bad management, I don't know what is.

asdf124

And where did I say that it is needed for 750 points recipe?
Why do people bother to comment if they can't be bothered to read what they are commenting?

The announcement clearly states:
"Do you find our new dessert delicious and would you like to craft it even after our mini-event ends? We have got you covered! We will add the "An empty jar" item, which is part of the recipe, to the to SHOP soon after our event ends, so you can craft more innovative desserts. It will cost 28 Bonds or Nuggets."
So, if I want to craft this buff that gives bonuses that are not that bad (80% health, 20% energy and duel motivation) I have to pay 28 bonds/nuggets.
This is a new recipe, which means that it is a great way to increase the player's crafting diversity and that directly impacts the crafting ranking. In other words - if you want to advance in this ranking, you can pay for it. Sure, you also need to get items from other professions, but Inno again didn't miss a chance to introduce a pay-to-win aspect. I know, not a lot of people care about this ranking, but it's the thought that counts. Pay, pay, pay... even when it comes to crafting.
Or just simply go nuts with the grey area and just simply have 9 other players farm for you from other worlds. I don't really recommend it since its not really worthwhile the hassle.(The game feels the same since adventures was introduced) Barely anything new with it and not much progress or endgame. Want to be the best in everything? Just go build the church, do fort fights, have 9 other players farm for you for gear/crafts.(due to events) And this is the free way, the hard way imo.

Most likely top 10 in experience, top 10 in fort fights, top 100 in dueling(lets be real with this one, the game has been dying for years and its very easy to get nowadays since more people will be quitting).

Top 10 crafting, top 10 in adventures if you play a lot like a madman. Anyone who does that feels more like a person with a lot of dedication. It takes just too much and guess what, it'll take more in the future too. I think this game became more of a chore rather than a game. It was fun at one point but it is getting too much of a hassle where it should just be a game to enjoy.

I think a lot of people forget that.

gunner86

I don't think you understood correctly. It says this in the announcement:
"If you have completed the competition questline and you have at least 750 profession skill points, you can learn how to make one of these products"

Just like today - you can have 200 crafting points, if you find or buy a recipe for 500 crafting points you can't do anything with it until you reach 500 points when you will be able to learn it.
So yes, only those who are actively crafting will be able to learn a new high level recipe. Those who are not doing it will have to spend more effort until they reach this level. Why is this a problem?
40-50 highest rank crafters? In most worlds that is 10% of all the players. Good enough for me. If my math is correct, you need to learn 39 (or even 38?) recipes to reach the stage where you can get 750 crafting points. In Arizona there are 137 players who learned 39 recipes and there are 1100 players. So again - where is the problem? Allow this immediately for 10% of players who are already there, but make it possible for everyone else who is interested in crafting (minimum requirement is 50 crafting points and that's easy to reach during the event even if you have 0 right now). Sounds great!

I hope what you said is correct, but I sent support ticket in Beta and got following reply

"The recipe can be obtained by completing the quest. To access the quest, you need a minimum of 750 crafting points. If you cannot obtain in this year, you would need to wait for next year's event (the quest is repeatable)."

Edit : And I did complete my quest and got achievement " Innovation in every field " without getting level 750 recipe.

Pankreas PorFavor

I hope what you said is correct, but I sent support ticket in Beta and got following reply

"The recipe can be obtained by completing the quest. To access the quest, you need a minimum of 750 crafting points. If you cannot obtain in this year, you would need to wait for next year's event (the quest is repeatable)."

Edit : And I did complete my quest and got achievement " Innovation in every field " without getting level 750 recipe.

well, this information is something new and it looks I was wrong. my apologies!
but, the announcement is incomplete and misleading because it only says you cannot learn the recipe - not that you can't even get it as it is said in the reply you got from beta support. in my opinion, this is bad quest design. why not let people do the quest now? then, once they reach 750 points they can learn the recipe. why make them wait for a year?

Artem124

so reaching lvl 850 in crafting will take ages now.. if your lucky to get 1 point for every 4 days crafting the new craft, it will then take about 100 days to get it done! kinda lame

so reaching lvl 850 in crafting will take ages now.. if your lucky to get 1 point for every 4 days crafting the new craft, it will then take about 100 days to get it done! kinda lame

patience, young grasshopper

why must everything be done right now?

maybe inno changed the mindset with speed sets, back-to-back-to-back "events", but as it was in the west, nothing was done fast and easy.

Barnstable

Garbage quest when you're on a world with hardly any Field cooks - Dozens of folk all stuck after the same thing.

Pankreas PorFavor

in Arizona 36 people learned 45 recipes - 12 of them have 827 crafting points. this could mean that on average you get a crafting point for every 3rd item you craft.
24 points = 72 items = 288 days. almost 10 months.

EDIT: I just crafted the new item for the 3rd time in beta + once in Arizona = no crafting points. in 16 hours I should be able to craft it again in AZ, let's see what happens.
Right now, I think 10 months to reach 850 crafting points is an understatement. I am not saying it should be available in 10 seconds, but this seems to be a bit too much. I said it a lot of times in this forum - The West is a marathon, not a sprint. Instant rewards make the whole experience less and less satisfying, but this takes it a bit too far IMO.

Last edited:

DeletedUser15368

I don't mean to spam all the active threads with this point, but the new focus on crafting is yet another argument for migrations, not only do the dead PvP worlds apparently lack key crafters for participating in quests and events, but the months and months of dedicated grinding put into achieving a decent crafting level aren't lightly replicated.

Migrations - for a better game for everyone.