County Taxes

DeletedUser

Howdy! I was thinking that to make it more like the real Old West, that different counties within a world should have different costs of living and have different set prices and possible taxes. Tell me what you think...;)

Proposal
Make variable taxes throughout the worlds, changing through different counties.

Current Workaround
None at all

Details
Coming back to my idea of the governmental idea, the person who is in charge of the county can choose the taxation, therefore putting players in a similar-to-real-life situation.

Abuse Prevention
Possibly people moving to other counties... Would have to be done in moderation. Admins would be able to overwrite and control out-of-control leaders.

Summary
Putting players in a similar-to-real-life situation, therefore increasing realism in the game making it closer to real life in the old west.

Administration
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22575

I think you should follow posting guidelines for a change.

DeletedUser

I don't think players are going to jump for higher taxes......

DeletedUser

thanks guys!" have changed the summary thannks for suggestions and help !

DeletedUser

If that was going to happen. It would give a reason to control a county, but the taxes would have to be limited to 1-5 percent of their current cash.

Red Falcon

And exactly how will it be determined as to who is in control of a particular country? And how long would they be in control before someone else was allowed to take their turn at leadership. I will not vote for this idea if it's going to be anything like Kingship in England, where the person in charge stays in charge until they die. As it is, the countries in this game have names, although I don't know how or where they got them.

DeletedUser563

The Big Fort owner of a county sets the name. Dont ask me where/probably fort overview? i dont like taxes in RL therefore wont like it here as well. Could you perhaps throw my player in jail a couple of days a month rather than let him pay taxes. On a more serious note all the money earned by a town does not go to it. Paying further money that has no purpose would not be a good idea.

DeletedUser26406

I like this idea,
5 stars,

SUGGESTION:
Just the taxes are collected by the town treasury of the town that owns the large fort.

DeletedUser

thanks for your support! please spread this idea and help to follow this thru... thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i like this idea. if the large fort owners town treasury got the money it would create a competition to own the large forts, and with more towns wanting to control it, spurs more activity on a given world by way of fort fighting, and it could potentially remove some in game cash (the devs love that) as well.

+1

DeletedUser31859

well.......i too like this one. taxes. like the old wild west huh? nice to hear buddy! i think the taxes should be set according to the income per week?

any way, yes from my side
5 stars from my side!

DeletedUser

maybe tax what is in the personal bank of each county resident. if people dont want to pay taxes they have to risk getting dueled or ko'd and losing it all by carrying it in-hand.

DeletedUser22575

Large alliances own large forts. Large Alliances need additional money less than anyone. No need to make it harder for smaller alliances.

No to this idea.

Anyone wants to try and tax me they can try and come collect it.