County Taxes

Discussion in 'Ideas & Brainfarts' started by MrPPpuma, Jul 26, 2011.

Share This Page

1. MrPPpuma

MrPPpuma Guest

Howdy! I was thinking that to make it more like the real Old West, that different counties within a world should have different costs of living and have different set prices and possible taxes. Tell me what you think...;)

Proposal
    Make variable taxes throughout the worlds, changing through different counties.

Current Workaround
    None at all

Details
    Coming back to my idea of the governmental idea, the person who is in charge of the county can choose the taxation, therefore putting players in a similar-to-real-life situation.

Abuse Prevention
    Possibly people moving to other counties... Would have to be done in moderation. Admins would be able to overwrite and control out-of-control leaders.

Summary
    Putting players in a similar-to-real-life situation, therefore increasing realism in the game making it closer to real life in the old west.

Administration
    Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2011
  2. TJ Tuttle

TJ Tuttle Well-Known Member

I think you should follow posting guidelines for a change.

3. rice farmer

rice farmer Guest

I don't think players are going to jump for higher taxes......

4. MrPPpuma

MrPPpuma Guest

thanks guys!" have changed the summary thannks for suggestions and help !

5. AJ Ray

AJ Ray Guest

If that was going to happen. It would give a reason to control a county, but the taxes would have to be limited to 1-5 percent of their current cash.

6. Red Falcon

Red Falcon Well-Known Member

And exactly how will it be determined as to who is in control of a particular country? And how long would they be in control before someone else was allowed to take their turn at leadership. I will not vote for this idea if it's going to be anything like Kingship in England, where the person in charge stays in charge until they die. As it is, the countries in this game have names, although I don't know how or where they got them.

7. Jakkals

Jakkals Banned

The Big Fort owner of a county sets the name. Dont ask me where/probably fort overview? i dont like taxes in RL therefore wont like it here as well. Could you perhaps throw my player in jail a couple of days a month rather than let him pay taxes. On a more serious note all the money earned by a town does not go to it. Paying further money that has no purpose would not be a good idea.

8. MrPPpuma

MrPPpuma Guest

I think that the money probably goes to the fort?

9. Elmyr

Elmyr Guest

Then it's useless once the fort is fully built, or as fully built as it's going to be (with a few levels of HQ unfinished).

10. John Sibley

John Sibley Well-Known Member

I like this idea,
    5 stars,

SUGGESTION:
    Just the taxes are collected by the town treasury of the town that owns the large fort.

11. MrPPpuma

MrPPpuma Guest

thanks for your support! please spread this idea and help to follow this thru... thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2011
    ZarekBean likes this.
  12. ZarekBean

ZarekBean Guest

i like this idea. if the large fort owners town treasury got the money it would create a competition to own the large forts, and with more towns wanting to control it, spurs more activity on a given world by way of fort fighting, and it could potentially remove some in game cash (the devs love that) as well.

+1

13. John Cena 619

John Cena 619 Well-Known Member

well.......i too like this one. taxes. like the old wild west huh? nice to hear buddy! i think the taxes should be set according to the income per week?

any way, yes from my side
    5 stars from my side!

14. ZarekBean

ZarekBean Guest

maybe tax what is in the personal bank of each county resident. if people dont want to pay taxes they have to risk getting dueled or ko'd and losing it all by carrying it in-hand.

15. TJ Tuttle

TJ Tuttle Well-Known Member

Large alliances own large forts. Large Alliances need additional money less than anyone. No need to make it harder for smaller alliances.

No to this idea.

Anyone wants to try and tax me they can try and come collect it.