Count to 00,000

asdf124

Swimming is indeed one of those things that is better when it's nice and hot and sunny. Point scored for the hot. That said, you can only going skiing when it's cold. Plus, snow capped mountains look way more beautiful. So yet more points for the cold.

Have you snowboard on sand? :p

DeletedUser31931

Never been sandboarding but it's apparently really damaging for the microclimate of any sand dune on which it's done so it's better to do it indoors at which point it might as well be on snow. Plus that's boarding and skiing is infinitely superior.

DeletedUser13682

*yawn*

Wait, going down a sand dune hurts it? I don't know if I quite buy that.

DeletedUser31931

It destroys the microclimate of the dune because it churns up different layers of sand and it can really disturb the beetles (some of which are endangered) that are found on the dune. If you want a more complex explanation, Google it.

Edit: Sand boarding that is. Walking on a dune is fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13682

*yawn*

I've had to dig a bit, and a few news articles and forums mention specific places where this was happening, but also found references of measurable elevation lowering due to jeeps and such running in the desert.

DeletedUser13682

*yawn*

It's one thing to buy the thing about people riding boards hurting dunes. It's another thing entirely to buy that cars are causing a desert to sink.

DeletedUser31931

Oh yeah, no. I was referring to the former not the latter. Don't know enough on that to offer a solid opinion

DeletedUser

I've been sandboarding before. Inner Mongolia back when I was 10 or 11. That was fun.

DeletedUser

Feels Bad.

In other news, just got Log Horizon vol 5 and ordering Black Bullet vol 4 and Re:Zero vol 1. Money spent on Light Novels probably isn't money well spent but guilty pleasures win above all I guess.

DeletedUser31931

Money spent on LNs that I can then borrow is definitely money well spent.

DeletedUser13682

*yawn*

Haven't spent money on light novels. Haven't read many either. I'm reading a good book on the history of liquid propellants written by one of the chemists.