Count to 00,000

DeletedUser31931

Might have spent some time last night looking at LotR quotes.

I love Samwise Gamgee, he's probably one of my favourite characters in all of fiction. He's just Frodo's garderner and he's thrown into the adventure simply because he happened to overhear the conversation between Frodo and Gandalf. He's a hobbit, he's not expected to be a hero or go and save the world. Also, whilst Frodo is given a cool sword and fancy mail and is made the ringbearer, Sam's just chilling about in his regular clothing. The entire way through he is the unsung hero, the one who supports Frodo, carrying him emotionally and then, right at the very end, physically carrying Frodo. Also, Sean Astin is a fantastic actor.

DeletedUser

I have nothing to say, but I want to say something so that's something to say I guess?

Oh.

DeletedUser28032

yeah we decided long ago that Sam Gamgee was the real hero of LotRs. That pansy Frodo wouldn't have even made it to Mordor without him

DeletedUser31931

Pretty much.

Though, I will admit that I spent the majority of my early childhood in love with Legolas. I guess that's what happens when he rides a shield down a set of stairs and decapitates an Urak-hai with it. (That battle is so cool).

DeletedUser31931

I am always a mixture of shocked and surprised when I discover that someone I know hasn't seen LotR. Then, about five minutes later, I'm trying to convince them to watch the Extended Editions.

DeletedUser28032

I had a colleague who'd never seen James Bond how have you never seen James Bond!?

Deleted User - 819397

*raises hand*

I haven't seen either LotR or James Bond. Read the LotR books though.

DeletedUser31931

Oh man... Roger Moore was the best bond. Him or Sean Connery. Still, Roger Moore most certainly had the best one liners. I really liked the opening shot of Spectre, where he's walking along the rooftop, the whole Mexican bit is pretty well filmed but the rest of the movie felt flimsy. Also, Die Another Die will always hold a special place in my heart because even though it's not great, I saw it at a time when invisible cars and rocket launchers in cars and everything else about that was just so cool, we had it on DvD and I loved it. I remember when my family got from Dr. No to Goldeneye on VHS though, we still have that downstairs (but no working VHS player sadly). Goldeneye was probably one of my favourites. I think it helped that I used to play the N64 game as well at my friend's house.

DeletedUser

Honestly at this point, reading the books is more impressive than seeing the movies. Too many people have seen the movies.

Also I confess that I've only really seen the latest Bond films, AKA Daniel Craig-era

DeletedUser31931

The magnificent hunk of radiant beauty that is Orlando Bloom is Legolas.

Alternatively, it's a cannibalistic meal in Scotland, take your pick.

DeletedUser

Currently waiting for Zem to respond before I get my first post in DS up.

DeletedUser31931

Legolas is the most prominent Elvish character in Lord of the Rings. He's a member of the Fellowship and a bit of a badass. (But it still only counts as one!)

DeletedUser31931

I definitely didn't notice. Satan was most certainly not unleashed upon this mortal coil. Nope. Nothing to do with me.

DeletedUser37114

6/6/16 is a little bit different from 6/6/6...

More importantly, WELCOME TO THE SECTION, DUBBLE! You should be receiving your entry care package from our Lord and Master, Regal, within the next 24 hours.