Count to 00,000

DeletedUser36559

Roses are red, violets are blue, nothing is impossible, everything is false.

DeletedUser28032

Breast cancer awareness?

Yep thats the one, Once a year I get to wear a pink shirt in an act of enforced charity. CS spree!? damn that means I am going to have to reply now

DeletedUser31931

The thing is, I'm torn on the case of whether their should be LGBT awareness or not, because in my mind, I'd kinda hope that we've gotten to the point where it doesn't (it certainly shouldn't but whether that's the case or not is a different story) matter. This is my major problem with 'coming out' so to speak, which is that it turns the entire thing into an event which I think demeans what being gay is and defines it as something outside the norm that is a spectacle, whereas it shouldn't make a difference.

DeletedUser13682

*yawn*

Ideally, LGBT awareness wouldn't exist, because, as you said Zemmy, it shouldn't matter. But, in reality, it still does matter, and until it doesn't matter what your preferences are, there still will be a need for LGBT awareness, unless a better way is found to make this issue a non issue.

DeletedUser31931

I think that the only way that will ever happen johan is by changing the attitudes of children. The problem with adults is that they get ideas so ingrained into their psyche, even by the age of 10/11 that they become subconscious and therefore it is very hard to change viewpoints on it whereas if you managed to make it so that there is no difference for children, then since it is completely natural to them, they just view it as completely natural and as a fact of life, thus decreasing the need for LGBT awareness. You do, however, still have the social problem of in-group vs out-group, which is exemplified by the struggle that woman face. Due to their low representation in the top layers of jobs (board execs etc.) they are still mis-treated and valued as worth less than men, which comes down to a basic fundamental state of mind by human beings that we often tend to favour our own gender when it comes to picking people for important roles. This is why the EU laws on equality work well in my opinion, because they do not impede on the quality of a business (by forcing it to take women even if they are of a lower skill set) instead, however, forcing a company to consider two candidates (one male and one female) of the same skill set, and to look at the less represented gender in that case, if such a gender exists. Example: If your board was 90% men and you had two people of similar skill levels for the job and one was male and one was female (to the extent of my knowledge) then you would have to hire the woman. If the male had vastly superior qualifications, it doesn't matter you can hire him. Those are good equality laws, not quotas but a way to force people to think about the way that they act.

DeletedUser31931

I am indeed, as well as in Irulia....

Tiger, you are up in Tiran and have been for a while, as in several pages.

Deleted User - 819397

Since I can't double post in the Active thread…everyone except Braet and me are up in CoA.

DeletedUser13682

*yawn*

That's right! I am! But there's too little time tonight. I will try to post before this weekend, but I can't make any guarantees.

DeletedUser31931

Do you not know my brilliant tactic to avoid double posting in the active thread Regal? I copy my post, delete it, post it again with the ad-endum of what I want to say now as an EDIT and then it'll appear as a new post thus drawing people in to read it. I'm a genius!

DeletedUser

Ugh... I know I need to post things in multiple threads. must... make... self go to CS and do things with my keyboard...