Cooking Discussion Part I-What's your cooking specialty?

DeletedUser

when it comes to cooking i dont stick to a recipe either (If i use one at all) as creativity is one of the things i enjoy about cooking. Baking though you have to stick to the recipe like glue bar flavoring and even then some things may need adjusted.

Baking can be quite enoyable but i wouldent advise to start with it . Yeast breads are by far one of the most dificult do to the sheer amount of steps involved. Cookies and muffins being the easiest .

Im not trying to scare you mind you but instead give you a fair warning on the dificulty of baking

DeletedUser5046

angel trust me you do NOT want to start with baking . you need to weigh and measure everything almost to exacts .cookies give you the most leway of all baking products so perhaps that would be best place to start with it. Ive got a Culinary arts degree i should know.

can you teach me how to make cookies? :D

DeletedUser

cooking and baking are better suited to the visual and physicaly doing learning methods but i would be glad to give you some pointers .

1)buy a baking scale with both metric and Imperial measurements (digital is best)
1a)dont forget to zero out the container(see note) before adding the ingredient or you will mismeasure
2)when whiping whites or making whiped cream the colder the better
3) measure everything out in advance.Baking can be very time sensative

Note: Digital baking scales will have a "Zero" or "reset" button and non digital scales will have a screw directly under the platform to set the scale to zero

DeletedUser5046

wow... cooking sensei..^^

but i still need one more thing ---OVEN

DeletedUser5046

ill just stick to cooking eggs...fry or boil em...

and let te gentleman cook for me :D

DeletedUser

well i thought of a solution to you oven problem. just make a deal*cough*blackmail*cough* with your neibor to use thier oven

DeletedUser5046

hehehe...nope i wont do tat...it might be worst than cooking on coals....